RideSmart Tract Day at TWS Nov 11th

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
HotRodder
Achievement count: 0

RideSmart Tract Day at TWS Nov 11th

Post by HotRodder » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:13 pm

RideSmart is having a track day at TWS November 11th. I have signed up for Level 1 (first time out). Wanted to let others know in case some wanted to go.

weaksauce

Post by weaksauce » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:02 pm

I'm going to try to go, even if it just as a spectator. Hopefully I can get off work and go as a rider.
word.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:08 pm

I don't think TWS is as bad as MSR when it's cold. It's a much bigger track to, lots of high speeds. Hotrodder should be able to really open up the bird. Granted, getting it slowed back down for the turn at the end of the straight could be an issue.

I might consider going down and working a corner.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

HotRodder

Post by HotRodder » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:14 pm

I spoke with Bobby (my son) who is attendin A&M (rides an Aprilia Falco with us when in town) and he tells me he checked in to working a corner. He says the corners are filled up. It may be good to check again as he may have misunderstood.

It is my hope to run the Bird a little on the front straight, yet want to be sure to make the turn. Since this will be my first track day, I plan to learn as much about the best way to ride and learn the track. Figure I can always pick up the pace on future days.

Will enjoy all the company that can make it. We are planning to drop the bike off on Friday evening to get a place in the pits. We can get as much room as possible for any others coming. Bobby also says some folks from his riding club at A&M may be there.

weaksauce

Post by weaksauce » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:16 am

Anyone know if there are any slots open still? I want to go, but I have to make sure I can get off work. If so, i'll be taking my flatbed down with my bike, and a 6R on it. I'll probably have room for a few more bikes if any of you all want to load it up.
LMK,
Jeff
972-six seven zero-6001
word.

HotRodder

Post by HotRodder » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:49 pm

Not sure when we will head down on Friday. Appreciate the offer for teaming up for the trip. We'll be staying the weekend as Bobby is there and the inlaws also are there. Call the cell (817 nine nine two 9385) so we can hook up.

Don't know if any slots for the day are open or not. I signed up on line and there was not information as to how full or not.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:43 am

DarcShadow wrote:I don't think TWS is as bad as MSR when it's cold. It's a much bigger track to, lots of high speeds. Hotrodder should be able to really open up the bird. Granted, getting it slowed back down for the turn at the end of the straight could be an issue.

I might consider going down and working a corner.
You are right. TWS isnt near as slick as Cresson. Its not too bad, unless it rains. The slickest it wil get from cold isnt as bad as Cresson is during the summer in the morning.

Falco07

Post by Falco07 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:06 pm

this is bobby, hotrodder's son. I honestly wouldn't be too worried about the temps as the past 3-4 days or so have seen highs in the upper 70's to low 80's with today topping out at 85. This is Brazos Valley we're talking about here. Weather guys are showing a cool front to come in next tuesday-ish to knock temps down to like 62, so assuming the fronts stay on a regular schedule, i'd be willing to bet it will warm up nicely in time for saturday. but then again, it is Texas, so...

Look on the bright side, a slightly cooler track will just let you work on your rear steering techniques! Always fun to lay down a nice, fat darkie, right?

something to think about, though, is that there's also a football game that day. The Aggies are playing Nebraska, so if any of yall are wanting to come down for the track day, I have no idea if hotels are already booked for that Fri night or what, but its gonna be a super busy and super crowded that weekend.

Darren

Post by Darren » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:07 pm

Paul (zx10r) and I (gsxr1000) will be there. We both signed up for level 2.

Last time I was at TWS, I was on my Busa... and trying to scrub off that speed after the banked straight scared the shit outta me.

Planning to go down early Friday and get a spot in the paddock.

STB and Zx9r... Are you guys going?

Finding a room is interesting as A&M plays Nebraska that Saturday.

weaksauce

Post by weaksauce » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:04 pm

OK I'm signed up. So is my freind with his ZX6R
Should be interesting on an R1 for my first track experiance.
word.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:58 pm

Blizzard_1708 wrote:How was the track day guys?
It was a blast. Track got sticky early and was great. Wasnt untill the last 2 sessions for each level that there were any problems. There was 1 wreck in 4, 2 or 3 in level 2, and several the last sessions of 1. Only 1 transport I think. It was a broken collar bone. The guy locked up the front going into turn 3. Suprised me because he was about the slowest guy on the track, and was getting passed all day. A guy right behind him said he was going way too fast for 3 and just locked the front up and low sided. Paramedics had me hold his head while they put him on the back board. That kinda brings your day down fast. Other than that, it was great, ran 2 sessions of 4, although I wanted more time there. Only one of my students wrecked, and that was because he had a cruise control unit on his throttle. I told him to take it off, and he didnt. He bumped it in turn 10 and highsided. People need to listen to their instructors. Also, tech should have caught that. The only other problem was the Honda MAGNA in level 1. I figure a track school needs to be for bikes that dont drag pegs changing lanes.

Darren

Post by Darren » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:09 pm

weaksauce

Post by weaksauce » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:19 pm

Darren wrote:Pics are up...

http://www.sportbikelife.com/gallery
hey, it's me......riding in level 1. Lots of fun. Wish I would have run into some of you guy out there.
http://www.sportbikelife.com/gallery/Ri ... 2/IMG_8744
word.