September 17th

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:58 am

It looks like I'm getting my body in the proper position on both left AND right handers (finally!) :grin:

http://www.hart-photography.com/photoca ... age=261396

http://www.hart-photography.com/photoca ... age=260953

digi
Achievement count: 0

Post by digi » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:30 am

Looks good!
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:20 pm

wow, that is some amazing photoshop!! Guess you are feeling creative today! :-) :-)

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:55 pm

Especially since I managed to hack into Blair's site and change the photo there too! :smile:

ZX9R

Post by ZX9R » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:58 pm

Firewa11 wrote:Especially since I managed to hack into Blair's site and change the photo there too! :smile:
:ar15:

Firewa11 you forgot the guns!!!
Riding around aimlessly will get you no where!

2000 ZX-9R
2005 ZX-10R
2011 YZF-R1

Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:42 pm

Doc...glad to hear that the track is apparently going to be the one scarred from this more than you! :grin:
Glad your OK...
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

Ricky_CG

Post by Ricky_CG » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:23 am

I'm glad you came out ok from the deal Doc. It was for sure a scare until I got off the bike and you were talking. At least now you have a reason to get that new helmet eh? Guess who got good news about the tires you've been asking for, I would say this is some good timing.

Like I said the other day though, I am still impressed you did all that highsiding and still managed to get your glove off your hand too!

-Ricky

CrazyKuban
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider

Post by CrazyKuban » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:11 pm

Well I got some pics today from Blair so guess I share some of the highlights of my track day. :eek:

A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

Bird

Post by Bird » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:44 pm

Ever, You surprized me! I've ridden with you a number of times and didn't realize you had it IN YOU. Guess the TRACK brings it out in us. :-(

I saw a lot of fantastic riding from our members on Monday ... I'm PROUD of you guys! :grin: FWMR was WELL represented at MSR on the 17th. We had riders from level one to level four ... all good riders and showing others how to deal with the track.

I've spent many hours thinking about Monday and my lack of speed, style and body position. After thinking about it, I came to a conclusion... I'm OK with not being fast! :-( I have some things to work on, but the bottom line is that I'm not out there to get 'race ready'. Track Days are a great opportunity to push the limits ... your bike's, your own, the size of the balls!

I can't tell you how much fun it was to see you guys coming into the pits all afternoon, sweating profusely, but still smiling and talking smack about what happened in the last session. :D You guys represented FWMR in a way that everybody on the track will remember! :grin:

I'll continue doing Track Days 'cause it's the SAFEST place to let it rip and feel at one with The Bitch. Don't let your EGO take over and put you in the LOSS column. :-o

WAY TO GO, GUYS ... FWMR is still strong and representing when it comes to hitting the corners and being smooth. RIDE FAST .. RIDE SAFE!
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

digi

Post by digi » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:18 pm

Bird325 wrote: I've spent many hours thinking about Monday and my lack of speed, style and body position. After thinking about it, I came to a conclusion... I'm OK with not being fast! :-( I have some things to work on, but the bottom line is that I'm not out there to get 'race ready'. Track Days are a great
How slow do you think you are, exactly? What makes you think that?

I don't see why you can't be fast... unless it's just that mental thing people think about, the "what if's"... I think I thought more about the repairs to my bike rather then me. Funny thing, I guess (priorities?) but I knew I was surrounded by friends, theres a ambulance on stand-by, and people there with tons of experience dealing with scraping people off the track.

I've been analyzing too, and talking with people here, and taking what the instructors said to heart, and I figured I would take things one step at a time. If its body positioning, work on that next track day. If it's braking, work on that. If it's style, find it... either by experimenting with what works, or emulating someone else's that works.

Basically, chip at it like a sculpture in progress. If you are fast on the street (and Mike, you don't slouch) then with practice, you should be fast on the track. And that in turn can make you safer (and faster) on the street (by street, I mean, those crazy roads we tend to ride, not the actual street).

I keep in mind that I am riding with people who have done more track days. I have been able to do ONE. Rome wasn't built in a day.

How many times have you had the Bitch on the track? It's vastly different then the Bird. Don't forget that. Every bike handles differently. Different acceleration, handling, and body positioning. Sure the concepts are the same, but the feel is going to throw you. My R1 handles nothing like my R6 did. If I had to describe it, I would say the differences are night and day.

Don't accept the fact that you are slow (if you really are). Just accept the fact that you need more track days. That's quite exciting in itself.

I was sorta bummed out for a little bit to tell you the truth. My hands burned, my wrists stung, and my shoulders ached. Sometimes it felt like they could give out. My legs were great, but I have been working on conditioning them. I taped my wrists, which helped greatly. I thought, just how many laps can I go before things give out. Why can't I do this for X hours straight, when I ride everyday, rain or shine, and when I used to ride from dusk til dawn growing up. I gained a insight: I could do it, if, and only if, I could practice everyday at that level. I also realized that I can't ride a track everyday, due to life. The people who can, do. This doesn't bother me, nor does it discourage me, rather it encourages me, because, out of all summer, I get to make one track day. Better be a good one.

It's slow and painful. That's what makes it fun.

Sorry... I rant sometimes. Don't settle for slow!
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

CrazyKuban
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider

Post by CrazyKuban » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:48 am

Amen brothers, but at the end what works for me, is becoming one with the machine. I block all external non-track related distractions, that includes cell phone and any other disscussion non-track related, and focus 100% on what I'm doing on that moment. Must of you have been riding way more than me, but at the end like Digi said is pretty much all in our minds.
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.