Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

March 10th, Track Day Give Away

Post by DarcShadow » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:50 pm

Answer the following questions to be entered for a free track day. Drawing will be held Thursday, March 6st around 8:00pm.

All can enter.
Bird won last time, so he is not eligible to win but feel free to answer the questions.

1) What do you enjoy best about a track day? If you've never been. What do you look forward to experencing the most?

2) If you've been to the track before. What have you learned that helped you on the street? If you've never been before, what do you feel you're weak at on the street that a track day may help with?

3) What is the cause of 95% of accidents at the track?

MotoGP Trivia
1) What is Nicky Hayden's nick name?

2) What did Stoner just win at Jerez, it is the second one in 4 months?

3) Which lap was Rossi's fastest lap at the 2007 Redbull US Grand Prix
Last edited by DarcShadow on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:09 pm

1. Track Days are a great way to improve your abilities and confidence, as well as consistency in the corners... which leads to getting faster the proper way.

2. Corner entry speed and being able to pick entry and exit points has helped tremendously. I'd say the most important thing however is learning to stay cool and in control when unexpected things come at you in a hurry. Knowing from experience that you can tuck a little harder to avoid that turtle in the middle of the street can save your life.

3. Improper corner entry speed, and lack of smooth throttle control in the corner.

MotoGP

1. The Kentucky Kid
2. A new BMW Z4 M, that lucky bastard!
3. Rossi's fastest lap was number 27, with a time of 1:23.375
Last edited by Firewa11 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice

Re: March 10th, Track Day Give Away

Post by sckego » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:57 pm

1) What do you enjoy best about a track day? If you've never been. What do you look forward to experencing the most?

Getting into 'the zone.' When everything is just clicking, riding smoothly, with none of those 'ohcrap' moments where your heard jumps into your throat. Just round and round, no traffic, no awkwardness, listening to the motor sing and taking pleasure in the fact that you're riding the way these bikes are supposed to be ridden.

2) If you've been to the track before. What have you learned that helped you on the street? If you've never been before, what do you feel you're week at on the street that a track day may help with?

Look where you want to go. No, farther. No, like, waaaaaaay the hell over there. Yeah. That's where you want to go, that's where you look. Yeah, it's going to tire your neck out. So what?

One's estimation of one's personal skill and motorcycle's ability exceeding that which is allowed by the physical laws that govern the universe.
(I KEED! I KEED! Too much corner entry speed).

MotoGP Trivia
1) What is Nicky Hayden's nick name? The Kentucky Kid

2) What did Stoner just win at Jerez, it is the second one in 4 months? BMW M Roadster

3) Which lap was Rossi's Stoner fastest lap at the 2007 Redbull US Grand Prix?
What is a "Stoner fastest lap?" I didn't know Rossi smokes out before hitting the track...
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

Bird
Achievement count: 0

Post by Bird » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:41 pm

OK ... so I don't COUNT! :-o You other folks get into the contest ... you won't find a better way to get out on the track. All it takes is a little thought and a little time to type in your answers. This contest gave me my first track day a few years ago and I haven't been the same since. :D
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:59 pm

ok smart guys. I've fixed the question 3. lol

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:19 pm

DarcShadow wrote:ok smart guys. I've fixed the question 3. lol
Okay I updated my answer :???:
ImageImageImage

Blinker

Post by Blinker » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 pm

What a great prize thanks for setting this up! here's my entry :D :D

1) Never been to the track but I look forward to learning the correct way to go faster without the added distraction’s of the normal country road and finding my own limits and improving my skills on the road and on the track.
2) Learning the limits of the breaks so I know if I can stop in time for yellow lights... and not have things start to slide
3) I would venture to guess that 95% of accidents happen when you go into a turn to hot and try to hold the line rather than riding to the grass

MotoGP Trivia
1) The Kentucky Kid
2) BMW Z4 M Roadster … (I personally prefer my Kia)
3) Lap 27 with a 1min 23.375sec's
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:36 pm

I love the ability to push myself and explore the limits of myself and the bike in a safe and controled place.
2) If you've been to the track before. What have you learned that helped you on the street? If you've never been before, what do you feel you're weak at on the street that a track day may help with?
Track time has helped me handle the bike and remained relaxed when something changes suddenly.
To much corner entry speed
MotoGP Trivia
The Kentucky Kid
New BMW
3) Which lap was Rossi's fastest lap at the 2007 Redbull US Grand Prix
Lap 27

CrazyKuban

Post by CrazyKuban » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:06 pm

DarcShadow wrote:Answer the following questions to be entered for a free track day. Drawing will be held Thursday, March 6st around 8:00pm.

All can enter.
Bird won last time, so he is not eligible to win but feel free to answer the questions.

I enjoy the fact that I can ride pressure free, and I feel in a safe environment.

How to trust the bike in the corners. After going down in a right hander, it took a few laps to gain the confidence back, but I realize that it was me and not the bike that had a problem.

NOT KNOWING YOUR LIMITS OR GOING OVER THEN.

MotoGP Trivia
The Kentucky Kid.

BMW

3) Which lap was Rossi's fastest lap at the 2007 Redbull US Grand
Prix
Lap 27
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

Bird Shooter

Post by Bird Shooter » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:05 pm

1) What do you enjoy best about a track day? If you've never been. What do you look forward to experencing the most? Haulin' ass and not worried about cars, trees, etc. 2) If you've been to the track before. What have you learned that helped you on the street? Cornering ability, vision adjustments
3) What is the cause of 95% of accidents at the track? Bridgestones and too much corner entry speedMotoGP Trivia
1) What is Nicky Hayden's nick name? Kentucky Kid

2) What did Stoner just win at Jerez, it is the second one in 4 months? a piece of ass just after he won a BMW.3) Which lap was Rossi's fastest lap at the 2007 Redbull US Grand Prix? 27
[img]http://www.fwmr.net/images/rideleader/white1.gif[/img]
Jeff
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1897/avatr3nd5gu7fn3.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1995/bushflippingfingeranimapd2.gif[/img][/url]

ZX9R

Post by ZX9R » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:25 pm

1) What do you enjoy best about a track day? If you've never been. Whatdo you look forward to experencing the most? No PoPo! Super fast coner entry speeds hard on the brakes.

2) If you've been to the track before. What have you learned that helped you on the street? If you've never been before, what do you feel you're weak at on the street that a track day may help with? My limits! How fast or slow I could go and still be in control, also evasive procedures.

3) What is the cause of 95% of accidents at the track? To much corner entry speed. Right Jeff?

MotoGP Trivia
1) What is Nicky Hayden's nick name? Kentucky Kid

2) What did Stoner just win at Jerez, it is the second one in 4 months? BMW

3) Which lap was Rossi's fastest lap at the 2007 Redbull US Grand Prix? Lap 27
Riding around aimlessly will get you no where!

2000 ZX-9R
2005 ZX-10R
2011 YZF-R1

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:14 am

Sorry for the late announcement on the Track day winner.

Congrats, BLINKER .... new member luck has struck again!

Let us know if you can make use of it by 8:00 this evening. If not, it will go to the second name drawn - Firewall.

For everyone else, better luck next time.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Congrats, hope you can make it.

Blinker

Post by Blinker » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:45 pm

SWEEEET!!! I’d like to thank the academy and the generous fingers of those who did the drawing of the names. I can’t make the 10th due to me having to transition all of my knowledge to the poor sole that has to take over for me. I finally got my racing leathers (ones that will actually fit me anyway :-/ ) so I’m SUPER excited to get on the track but looks like the first time I can get to a track in TX will be after May 11th which is when this ole boy comes back home. So maybe a rain check for the first track day after the 11th? I look forward to riding with you all once my wheels hit home!

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:13 pm

Blinker can't make it, so the 10th defaults to Firewall as he was the second name I drew.

For those of you that are wondering, I used a list of the names entered and a random number generator. I then counted up the list of names from the bottom to reach the number that the generator provided. Can't mix it up much more than that!

For those that have won in the past and were able to 'bank' the track day, don't feel too bad for Blinker as I'm giving him one of mine to make up for him being the first to miss out on being chosen but not able to serve.
Mike

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:09 pm

Man that's really cool of you Bird, I'm really glad he's going to be able to get one, I bugged him to register thinking it was a bankable drawing.

And I'm also glad I won too ;-) Tell Dave I'll be there, I was going to pay Monday morning anyways, so this works out perfectly!
ImageImageImage

Blinker

Post by Blinker » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:02 pm

Ya that is most awesome of you Bird! In looking at the sticky on in this forum i'm going to plan on June 7th as my first track day in TX! if the stars alight perfectly i may try and go for the may 26th but looks like a saturday track day would be a great place/time to start...I can't wait!!!

Bird

Post by Bird » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:34 am

Fireballs, I sent an email to Dave letting him know that you are the winner and will be there on Monday. Have fun ... try to gather up any pieces that may come off. :D
Mike

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:37 am

Well, at this rate Monday may get cancelled. 50% chance of rain / storms and high of 56.
ImageImageImage