Hey! What's up?

This is the general Discussion area used for....General Discussions. Talk anything here just keep it clean and no spam.
DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Hey! What's up?

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:23 pm

I'm freakin bored out of my mind. How about any of you? The weather today sucks too. Rainy and dreary. Only good thing about today is I didn't go into work till 1:00. HA! Took my bike in this morning to Scott to have some street tires put on and the suspension adjusted. On the way home though my gauges all died at a stop sign. Then when I took off they came back on once I got up to over 4000 RPMs. If I dropped back down to about 3500 RPMs though it all went dead. Crazy! Scott says it could the battery going dead. I need to see if I can start the bike. If I can't it's the battery, if I can it's probably a loose connector. I'll have to tear into the thing and track it down. Uggg, if it's not one thing it's something else. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

weaksauce
Achievement count: 0

Re: Hey! What's up?

Post by weaksauce » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:47 pm

DarcShadow wrote:I'm freakin bored out of my mind. How about any of you? The weather today sucks too. Rainy and dreary. Only good thing about today is I didn't go into work till 1:00. HA! Took my bike in this morning to Scott to have some street tires put on and the suspension adjusted. On the way home though my gauges all died at a stop sign. Then when I took off they came back on once I got up to over 4000 RPMs. If I dropped back down to about 3500 RPMs though it all went dead. Crazy! Scott says it could the battery going dead. I need to see if I can start the bike. If I can't it's the battery, if I can it's probably a loose connector. I'll have to tear into the thing and track it down. Uggg, if it's not one thing it's something else. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
what kind of bike is it? My R1 tach jumps around because of a diagnostic code.
word.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:49 am

It's a Triumph Daytona 650.

I tried starting it again after it sat in the garage for a few hours. No go. Looks like the battery is dead. I'm going to take the battery to Autozone and see if they can test it for me and tell me if the battery is in fact dead, or if it just lost it's charge.

If it's dead, that's kind of annoying in that it's not that old but it's a simple fix. If it just lost it's charge that's more of a problem cause that would mean something isn't quite right with the bike and it's not keeping the battery charged.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals