engine cutting out when throttling hard??

crono782
Achievement count: 0

engine cutting out when throttling hard??

Post by crono782 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:39 pm

i have this problem at random sometimes. happens on a couple occasions usually:

a) when the bike is kinda cold (i do let it warm up to at least 120 before i go anywhere) and i speed off round a long curve by my house then let off the throttle coming up to a stop sign.

b) bike is warm and i blip the throttle before downshift when about to slow down.

its only happened a few times really but it kinda sux when my engine suddenly dies when i'm trying to dive into the clover-leaf exit at I20 & 157 in arlington. :-o

any reason why my engine should be just cutting out on me. i could maybe understand the conditions when the engine is colder but when its hot and i've been riding a while? it seems it happens at the moment after a let off the throttle right after it being revved up. :-?
===============
excellence through
superior mediocrity.

vagrant

Post by vagrant » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:52 pm

does it actually die (stop running) or does it it just feel like it cuts off, until you let off the throttle once more?

mine bogs down big style down low in the rpm if I give it too much - just the way the bike is on stock map/pipe I think. Inexperienced suggestions: throttle sync, injectors needing cleaning or carb's need cleaning (if not FI). Advice: call/gp see Scott at Cyclewerkz.

Hey Terry, we should get Scott on here once every couple days to answer questions like this (like he does on dfwsb). Im gonna post this in suggestions board.
Kawasaki zx-10r ('06)

crono782

Post by crono782 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:56 pm

no, it actually stops running and dies. i get my red light and oil indicator and everything.
i usually just give it a sec and hit the starter again and crank it back up, throttle it a couple times then let out the clutch and keep riding. its not bad when i'm just going straight, but when i'm in a turn its less fun.

i was thinking injectors myself, but i dunno.
===============
excellence through
superior mediocrity.

vagrant

Post by vagrant » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:36 am

wow that sucks. good luck with that.
Kawasaki zx-10r ('06)

crono782

Post by crono782 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:04 pm

think i may have found a solution (though it hasn't happened to me n a while).

was reading about checking Throttle Position Sensors and found out that if ur TPS is bad or innacurate then a way to check it is to rev the engine to about 7k in neutral then close the throttle all the way. if the tps isn't reading right or bad, the engine will stall. hmmm.....
===============
excellence through
superior mediocrity.