Rain gutter installation

This is the general Discussion area used for....General Discussions. Talk anything here just keep it clean and no spam.
dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Rain gutter installation

Post by dufremle » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:02 am

Can anyone recommend a company that installs rain gutters? I'm tired of getting wet going in and out of my front door.

Thanks.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 am

I can but not right now. I had gutters put on my old house but I don't remember who did it. I can find the info when I get home though.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:28 am

Rain gutters are easy to install, especially if you're just going to put them in by one section (by your front door). DIY and save a lot...

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:05 pm

I was going to do it myself until I looked into it. I have 3 roofs that come together over my front door. The one on the garage that runs the length of the walkway, about 12 feet long. One on the other side of the walkway, about 18 inches long. Then one above the front door, which slopes down and makes a nice curtain of water right in front of the door, about 5 or 6 feet long. (I can't find a picture)

I know I will measure it wrong and screw it all up. Then have to go buy more pieces and start over. So I figure I will get prices before I go through the hassle of doing it myself. If the estimates are outrageous I will do it myself.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:10 pm

I don't think it was too bad and I did all around the house.

Going all around the house, or even just one side that will be long having some one come do it for you is the way to go as they can put up a seamless gutter so you'll never have to worry about it coming appart and leaking in the middle of the wall. And if I remember right even the corners of mine are still once peice, they cut the bottom to make the turn, but from the front of the gutter it's still one continues gutter.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Re: Rain gutter installation

Post by U-Turn » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:57 pm

Dufremle wrote:Can anyone recommend a company that installs rain gutters? I'm tired of getting wet going in and out of my front door.

Thanks.
Karl Co. Rain Gutter Installation & Removal Esq.
Three sections of roof all at the front door area? $300 complete, in advance. We fix you up !
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:19 pm

KC817 wrote:
Dufremle wrote:Can anyone recommend a company that installs rain gutters? I'm tired of getting wet going in and out of my front door.

Thanks.
Three sections of roof all at the front door area? $300 complete, in advance. We fix you up !
buy at your own risk

armedandinsain
Achievement count: 26

Post by armedandinsain » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:22 pm

if your looking to just do over a door they sell a strip that u can put up that makes the water just run to ether side of the flashing then run off the roof (its what the put on our house over the back door)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling at the top of your lungs "Holy Shit...What a ride!"

U-Turn

Post by U-Turn » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:23 pm

Blizzard_1708 wrote:
KC817 wrote:

Thanks.
buy at your own risk
Hey. Hey.
Last edited by U-Turn on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

U-Turn

Post by U-Turn » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:24 pm

armedandinsain wrote:if your looking to just do over a door they sell a strip that u can put up that makes the water just run to ether side of the flashing then run off the roof (its what the put on our house over the back door)
Hush now. The man is requesting prices on a service. Unless your selling you don't need to be here.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

armedandinsain

Post by armedandinsain » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:11 pm

sorry, i will go sit back in the corner then :((
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling at the top of your lungs "Holy Shit...What a ride!"

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 am

KC817 wrote:
armedandinsain wrote:if your looking to just do over a door they sell a strip that u can put up that makes the water just run to ether side of the flashing then run off the roof (its what the put on our house over the back door)
Hush now. The man is requesting prices on a service. Unless your selling you don't need to be here.
Show me your contractor license, then you can talk. Unless you've got one, you don't need to be here with your fake company :-)

armedandinsain

Post by armedandinsain » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:13 am

YA WHAT HE SAID!.......that is, unless this fake company is hiring?

WillK675
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:17 am

Firewa11 wrote:Show me your contractor license, then you can talk. Unless you've got one, you don't need to be here with your fake company :-)
I'd worry more about his insurance than contractor license.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

dshag

Post by dshag » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:24 am

they arent that hard to fo yourself but heres a close friend of mine that i used to work for doing metal roofs, name is marcus templeton and they do mostly commercial stuff now but im sure he will hekp you out number is9729489117. if you choose metal gutters they bend it all themselves and it is quality stuff. Tell him david sent you! The company name is MBM roofing

2track
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Post by 2track » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:40 am

Here is my 2 cents on this. Try http://servicemagic.com I am on their & have been since it was derived. All contractors are screened for licensing & insurance & also have a page so you can see there rating from there previous customers. It is also FREE to you. The contractors pay for the leads. You will get an instant response from 1 or all four companies that will be given your address as a lead. Schedule with them and pick the company you like the best. Large or small jobs don't matter. This also works for any & every house job you can think of. Hope this helps. :cool:

Bird

Post by Bird » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:05 pm

I used Service Magic recently for some landscaping and was really happy with the leads they gave me. It's kind of a new way of picking someone to help you with the things you need done. I'll go back ... give it a try.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.