Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

November Trackday Give Away

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:24 am

Answer the 3 questions for a chance to win a free trackday/school with Ride Smart. There are only 2 trackdays scheduled for Nov. and one of those is in Houston. The winner gets to pick which track day they want to go to.
Nov. 1st MSR Houston (Sunday)
Nov. 7th MSR (Saturday)

This is non transferable so if you win and find out you can't make it let us know asap so that a second winner can be drawn. Drawing will be held 9:00am Monday, Oct. 19th.

1) What do you remember the clearest from your first year of riding of a street bike?
2) What happened to your first street bike? If you could find it now, would you want it back?
3) Add a caption to the following image in the style of those motivational posters:
Last edited by DarcShadow on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

mattjmartin
Achievement count: 0

Post by mattjmartin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:22 am

1) I'm still well within my first year riding, yet somehow there are so many things that stand out that i dont know what to pick... If I had to pick though, the single most significant thing that happened to me as a rider was getting to ride on a track, as a direct result of a free credit from fwmr!

2) It is my track bitch!

3)"There is no such thing as too young!"
- Matt
- 2004 FZ6
"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Re: November Trackday Give Away

Post by dufremle » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:53 am

1) What do you remember the clearest from your first year of riding of a street bike?

That was 24 years ago. Do you really expect me to remember that?

2) What happened to your first street bike? If you could find it now, would you want it back?

Dad sold for a Harley. It was a 1982 Kawasaki LTD 750. Great crusing bike. I would love to have it back.

3) Add a caption to the following image in the style of those motivational posters:

Crime fighting. Why? When speeding tickets are so much easier.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

ichibon_kokojin

Post by ichibon_kokojin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:44 pm

a). It wasn't my bike... My friend lent me his Kawi KD100 (enduro) and I wa ripping around the streets... then I thought lets rip through the park (it's and enduro) damn chain on the swing set caught the handle bars.... the bike went one way and threw me the other way... ya I remember it clearly.

a. sold it to some so that I could custom speed roller skates... I would want it back if it was upgraded with the DG expansion chambers and clip-ons.

Man this blows, I am never going get these training wheels off now!

sevorg

Post by sevorg » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:38 pm

HAHA how nervous I was the first time I rode around a clover intersection to get onto the interstate. This was after about 30 minutes of crusing around the neighborhood to get the feel of things and about 40 minutes after the first time I had ever sat on a bike.

I sold the 92 Yamaha XJ600 Seca II to another rider for cheap for his first bike as it was mine. Hell yeah I would take it back! Underpowered and terrible handling, it was still fun to ride, not to mention harder to get into trouble with.

PENIS ENVY--"It seems like every cop has it."
Tyler
2006 CBR 1000RR-STOLEN!!!
2007 Ford F150 Super Crew
sckego wrote:Oh, god, as if there aren't enough of you guys already. .... and now another one? Gonna have to change this to FWCBRR...
HEHE I like the sound of that!

WillK675
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 am

The time I dropped it, I was leaned over in the corner one second, and laying on the ground the next. Also, the first time I felt the rear slipping a little bit. I thought I was losing traction, stood it up and rode off into the weeds.

Still riding it today, I've only had it 3 years.

The American Rebel: What, did you think there wasn't a first encounter that made them not like law enforcement?
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:10 am

And the winner is...drum roll please...WillK675.

Congrats.

If for some reason Will can't make it sevorg is the runner up.

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:01 am

:icon_woohoo: Looks like I'll get to hit MSRC one more time this year.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Ok everyone here it is.

I went to MSRC for the trackday yesterday. It was overcast and lots of morning dew. The bike was wet from the moisture in the air by the time I got loaded up and read to leave the house. The sun peaked out for a few minutes just before the track drive that morning, which burned off the lower level moisture in the air. However it remained overcast almost till lunch. Even with the weather being cooler, and it being overcast the track had more grip than expected. :cool: The temperature slowly crept up all day, the sun finally came out around lunch, and the track came into it's own. :track:

I only had two little runs thru the weeds, but never went down. Earlier in the day, I screwed up my entry into rattlesnake. This put me wide, and at the inside of turn 2 coming out of turn 1, and there was just no making that left, so I took a drive thru the weeds, and back onto the track coming out of turn 3 and going into wagon wheel.

My second trip into the weeds was a near crash. I came into Little Bend just a little hot. Not that big of deal, just had to change my line for that corner, and give myself the ability to add some breaking. But my new line put me into the middle of Little bend, and my rear tire right thru some oil. :-o When the rear started slipping left and right on me I decided to stand her up and take a trip into the weeds instead of watching the sky ground movie.

I also decided to do the video this trackday, and no, none of my run offs are on video. :)) If you've never done the video, I recommend it. It made such a difference in being able to see what I was doing, versus what it felt like I was doing. Plus seeing made so much of a difference to me over just being told. This helped me in adjusting my body position. The changes I made rendered immediate results. I was pushing thru corners faster without even trying, or meaning to. I just happened to glance down and was an extra 10mph faster, coming out of a corner, that the last session. (I know, I know, I shouldn't be glancing down :(( )

Sevorg was pitted about 30 yards away and appeared to be having an excellent time. Grinner, Ann, and Fireblade stopped by earlier in the day; Dragonfly and another rider stopped by after DarcShadow's ride. It was good to see them out. Everything went smoothly through out the day and there were only a couple of go downs, with no injuries.

Thanks to the club, Dave, and all at RideSmart for the giveaway and another great trackday. It was a fun day, and a good way to end the track season. :grin:

Now is it spring yet so I can go back?
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200