Need Help!! Lowering a zx7r

speedfreak
Achievement count: 0

Need Help!! Lowering a zx7r

Post by speedfreak » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:13 am

Hey I just got this zx7r and bought some lowering links, I droped it 1.5 inches and drove it around still have plenty of clearnce, So going down to 3in, but when I lower my forks, should I keep it level, the same drop or bring it down a little more that the back? Or what way would handel better??? thanks :roll:

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:42 am

I would highly recommend that you take it to someone like Scott at CycleWerkz when it comes to lowering the bike... Whenever you lower a bike it also can severly impact the handling of your bike in corners, especially in high-speed, knee-dragging situations... If anything give them a call and ask them the same questions.
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

vagrant

Post by vagrant » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:01 am

I say forget suspension altogether. Figure out what height you want and weld a few braces between the swingarm and the frame. :twisted:

I actually have no idea. Sorry. Someone like Scott would be a good start. Or google traxxion dynamics and post up the question on their forums.
Kawasaki zx-10r ('06)

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:09 pm

Are you lowering it to drag race? If so the lower the better and handling isn't really a concern. However if you plan to ride it reguarly my first guess would be to lower it the same but that's just a guess. Like the other guys said, Scott at Cycle Werkz will take care of you.

http://www.cyclewerkz.com/
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

speedfreak

Post by speedfreak » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:53 pm

8) Yea been talking with them sounds like they really know what there doing. Im going to be dragging it as well as driving it most days, so not going to low.. lol Just enough that I can handel it well.. thanks all