Eye for an Eye

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Eye for an Eye

Post by Striple » Fri May 13, 2011 6:19 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

I remember reading about this case a few years back. Definitely thought-provoking.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Re: Eye for an Eye

Post by fixxervi6 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:39 pm

works for me
K1600

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:09 pm

no win situation, she even knows it by saying "we are both losers". Better just left alone. That makes her no better than him.

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Sun May 15, 2011 1:08 am

Although I think it would send a strong message to anyone thinking of doing this type of thing to another person and may prevent other crimes like this from happening (so im for it) I also understand that the world we live in today gives everyone rights ... even criminals. So my solution to send the good strong message that it would not be smart to ruin someone's life would be death. I am sure it would get the point across ... maybe not exactly the same but close. The only problem with death is that some people want to die and in the twisted minds of some people it would be a way to acheave death and to (in there mind) have fun before it.

I honestly think that the reason there are so many criminals and all is that we have gotten softer and softer through time. Giving more and more rights to criminals to the point where they can go to jail and live a better life than a WHOLE LOT of people on the street. Get a education so they can be "productive citizens" when they get out. Then after they get out go back to crime reguardless of our tries to make the "productive" and get locked up again and live a worry free life till they get out again. The recidivism rate for the US is about 60% 5 years ago and I would bet if another study was done today it would be the same or more. For some crimes like vehicle theft it was 78% in 2005. And that is only tracking 3 years after they get out. Even in the UK when the study was done it was 50% and they focus on rehibilitation a whole lot more than us. It simply does not work. We need to provide examples of what will happen and make it tuff so kids thinking of whatever crime might remember what happened to that guy down the street and maybe they will decide it isnt worth it.

Ok im sorry for all that .... Just a subject im kinda passionate about. And now back to your regular programing.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold