TWS - Put the wife out on the corner to earn her keep

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

TWS - Put the wife out on the corner to earn her keep

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon May 30, 2011 9:55 pm

When she see's this post I'll catch hell, until then the subject is a good eye catcher.

I drove down with her, can't say thats a track I'm interested in doing but something I did notice, one guy in a yellow jeresy was WAY - WAY faster than everyone else. End of the day running level 3 and I think he was just out there getting some track time in as it was all winding down. He was coming off that main straight away where you come off that bank and down into the field for the rest of the track at crazy speeds.

They had brake markers up, 1,2,3 on the fence, all the other level 3 guys were coasting it in BEFORE the 3 marker, only a handfull work actually getting on the brakes ON the makers, this guys was IN IT until AFTER the last maker.

This shocked me because the close second was getting on the brakes hard enough around the 2nd marker it was starting to get the bike a lil shakey and then this guy just keeps going.

They took one level 2 guy to the hospital, dunno how bad he was hurt, he ran off a turn and managed to run out of grass and went over a bank that was 12 feet tall or so, tried to get a pic below with an example line, hard to see what all was going on from so far away, tried to zoom in as best I could with my iphone (haters need not reply!!!)

The wife now has a track day credit.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (48.44 KiB) Viewed 760 times
K1600

Blizzard_1708

Re: TWS - Put the wife out on the corner to earn her keep

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:46 am

fast track, but that long straight can bite ya (Kegan knows)