Race slicks vs street tires

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Re: Race slicks vs street tires

Post by fixxervi6 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Grinner wrote:Hey fix...a quickshifter for the cool factor is like stretching the 1000 in my garage!! :SideSplittingLaughter:
:D
Probably, but you know you secretly want to stetch it.. admit it, its all good we won't judge.... too much!
K1600

Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Oh hellz yeah....all stretched n chromed out with a NOS bottle n a turbo...190mph...here i come!!!!
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:48 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:I have no idea if he can never been on the track with him, its an assumption that he can pass me on his 250, I'm not going to argue with it because if he does it'll just be twice the salt.
Oh yeah, not saying your so slow or anything, just MoS is damn fast on the 250. Even on the 1.7 he'd probably be about mid to upper pack in Level 2 and on the 1.3 easily top 5 to 10% of the pack.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

NickS
Achievement count: 0

Post by NickS » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:49 pm

My guilty pleasure is a set of slip ons that have a negligible performance boost, gotten for the looks. $1.1k....douche tax. You only live once, might as well enjoy the motorcycle bits.
'08 Kawasaki Concours 14
'10 Kawasaki Z1000

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:46 pm

DarcShadow wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote:I have no idea if he can never been on the track with him, its an assumption that he can pass me on his 250, I'm not going to argue with it because if he does it'll just be twice the salt.
Oh yeah, not saying your so slow or anything, just MoS is damn fast on the 250. Even on the 1.7 he'd probably be about mid to upper pack in Level 2 and on the 1.3 easily top 5 to 10% of the pack.
Yeah, exactly. And the worse conditions are, the better he does relative to the pack.

I saw the video sckego took when the two of them hit the track in their glowsticks on 250s. Sckego was passing people left and right, and Snail kept pulling away from sckego. He's just that damn fast.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:19 am

Part of the reason I like the 1.3 so much. People just don't know how to ride it yet, so those that have figured it out, or at least figured it out more then the other guys, can fly past people left and right.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:18 am

DarcShadow wrote:Part of the reason I like the 1.3 so much. People just don't know how to ride it yet, so those that have figured it out, or at least figured it out more then the other guys, can fly past people left and right.
Yeah, now that I'm *way* more comfortable with my riding than I was on trackday #3, I'm looking forward to hitting up the 1.3 again. That track is almost one constant set of turns. If you screw up, you're not really recovering for at least half a lap, maybe more. I remember that really the only places you have to recover are before the big right-hander and on the front "straight" (if you can call it that).

But yeah, when you get it figured out, it just flows so nice. I wish I'd had more than 2 or 3 really good laps on that track. Guess I'll have to go back for more.

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:33 am

Grinner wrote:Oh hellz yeah....all stretched n chromed out with a NOS bottle n a turbo...190mph...here i come!!!!

You need all that to hit 190?

Fixxer I have said it before but any time .... and I mean ANY time you want to check out the quickshifter all you need to do is ask. I will let you take it out at bikenight ... trackday... dragstrip... on a ride... or just a day we can meet up ... whatever. I in no way regret purchasing it but that is me. I used it at cresson ALOT and it did great. Not saying it is a must but it is nice to have. For that matter how many things that we get for the bike are a must? If your anything like me... not many.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Actually....it is more of a sarcastic joke against the SV. In all honesty, im sure just a sprocket change and a little practice and she could hit 200. But im just sayin!
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6