MSRC Roll Call - May 5th and 6th

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Re: MSRC Roll Call - May 5th and 6th

Post by Striple » Fri May 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Grinner - what time do you plan on being out there setting up? I might be over there by 5pm or possibly even earlier.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

Fender943
Achievement count: 14

Post by Fender943 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm not going to be there Saturday.. Going hunting for a motor. :D
Hopefully I can make it out there on Sunday so I know what to expect when/if I do a trackday
-Ryan
-1986 Ninja 1000r
-2004 Ninja 500r

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Fender943 wrote:I'm not going to be there Saturday.. Going hunting for a motor. :D
Hopefully I can make it out there on Sunday so I know what to expect when/if I do a trackday
Sunday would be better for those spectating since there won't be any room for spectators tomorrow.

Fender943
Achievement count: 14

Post by Fender943 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Awesome!
I'll see you guys there :-D
-Ryan
-1986 Ninja 1000r
-2004 Ninja 500r

Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Fri May 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Actually, for spectating sat will be a good day cause you wont have to worry bout possibly bein in the way since you can see the track REAL well from the texaco.
Also...i am plannin on headn up to the track by 630-7.
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Sat May 05, 2012 3:42 am

I was going to hed over after work to say hi but I am doing OT. :((
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

El Diabro
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 am

depending on what time my family leaves town, I may ride out there on Sunday for a bit
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Sat May 05, 2012 12:23 pm

El Diabro wrote:depending on what time my family leaves town, I may ride out there on Sunday for a bit
Am I misunderstanding you? I thought you were taking Fenders spot on Sunday :HeadScratch:

El Diabro

Post by El Diabro » Sat May 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Telomere wrote:
El Diabro wrote:depending on what time my family leaves town, I may ride out there on Sunday for a bit
Am I misunderstanding you? I thought you were taking Fenders spot on Sunday :HeadScratch:
Yes, I was going to and had it all set up, and my sister's and brother in law were going to come out and watch before they all left to go back to Houston and San Marcos. But then my step mom and step sister decided they were coming too and so that kinda threw a wrench into my logistics of trying to spend enough time with everyone. So I let Randy at RS know, and I believe Fender ended up getting it credited back to his account.

Totally wanted to make it, but I don't get to see them all too often

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Sat May 05, 2012 8:11 pm

El Diabro wrote:
Telomere wrote:
Yes, I was going to and had it all set up, and my sister's and brother in law were going to come out and watch before they all left to go back to Houston and San Marcos. But then my step mom and step sister decided they were coming too and so that kinda threw a wrench into my logistics of trying to spend enough time with everyone. So I let Randy at RS know, and I believe Fender ended up getting it credited back to his account.

Totally wanted to make it, but I don't get to see them all too often
If I knew that beforehand, I would have taken it :(( Oh well. Have fun with the family...sign up for next month!!!

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Sat May 05, 2012 8:21 pm

One down, one to go.

Also Telomere is officially a big old Polly Prissy Pants. The classroom was all of 100 feet from our spot on the paddock and the 1.3 was crazy amounts of fun. Her excuse--"we're going to the gun show, I don't mind missing the track". All in favor of making her a meatball again, say "aye".

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Sat May 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Rhino wrote:One down, one to go.

Also Telomere is officially a big old Polly Prissy Pants. The classroom was all of 100 feet from our spot on the paddock and the 1.3 was crazy amounts of fun. Her excuse--"we're going to the gun show, I don't mind missing the track". All in favor of making her a meatball again, say "aye".

Let me bend over and mark a spot on my ass for you to kiss :D Today would have been a bad day for me anyways. I would not have been on my game at the track and that is not good in my book because I would not have had fun out there and/or it would have ended badly. Are you telling me you didn't enjoy running the 1.3 with Grinner? I plan on doing both days in June. I will be medicating myself from allergies a few days before so there is no repeat of how I felt this morning and into the afternoon (I felt like Rhino dookie!!!)!!!!!!! Anyways, I am glad to hear that you missed me today. You are sweet :roll: I missed you too!! You can run Cresson with me in June. Is that ok????

El Diabro

Post by El Diabro » Mon May 07, 2012 6:52 am

Telomere wrote: If I knew that beforehand, I would have taken it :(( Oh well. Have fun with the family...sign up for next month!!!
Yep, actually I didn't know my step mom and step sister were coming, they had been planning it as a suprise, but they didn't know the suprise would throw my plans into a tailspin.

Hope everyone had fun out there this weekend!

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Mon May 07, 2012 9:00 am

Well ill go first...It is so much more fun to have several guys you know run with you! On one page you are having a blast passing them and then the next thing you know they out brake you on the next turn and end up passing you(darc!). I worked on getting my head down and by the end of the day it started to feel natural to do that. So i'm very pleased with that. I did have one little run off that wasn't a big deal, i just was too close to the edge and then i target fixated on the grass/concret. It would have been fine to make the turn, but did what i thought was the safest in my opinion and glad i did. I know i shouldn't say this, but it did give me a feel of what it feels like to run off somewhere around 85mi and i know exactly what to do. The only other time i had a problem was when this r6 decided to tromp on the brakes right where you stand the bike up in rattle snake. I ran up on him really fast and didn't have anywhere to go because this other guy was going wide. I thought i was going to go down, but everything stuck like glue.

The thing that really built up my confidence the most was when i went out there with no one else around. It showed me that i still run the same pass as when i running with a group. So i 'm happy to start going in front of people (fixxer) :)

So my goal was to get my head down more to help out with the upper body a little. I was having trouble in the morning, but by the end of the day i was feeling very comfortable with it and almost natural at it. Very happy with that!!!

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out to support us. It's always nice to have people around who arn't racing and i appreciate it.
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon May 07, 2012 9:03 am

See, all those dirt roads I've lead groups down is paying off. We had 3 guys have multiple off track adventures and none of them went down. I'd like to think that's due in part to my excelent teaching. :)
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:04 am

DarcShadow wrote:See, all those dirt roads I've lead groups down is paying off. We had 3 guys have multiple off track adventures and none of them went down. I'd like to think that's due in part to my excelent teaching. :)
:SideSplittingLaughter:
K1600

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Mon May 07, 2012 11:18 am

DarcShadow wrote:See, all those dirt roads I've lead groups down is paying off. We had 3 guys have multiple off track adventures and none of them went down. I'd like to think that's due in part to my excelent teaching. :)
Maybe so, but next time you almost send me off-roading, at least you could come along for the ride. :D
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Mon May 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Striple wrote:
Maybe so, but next time you almost send me off-roading, at least you could come along for the ride. :D
Better watch what you wish for!

I am glad you guys had fun chasing each other and trying make each other go off-roading yesterday. It looked like a ton of fun and it was entertaining to watch :D

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Mon May 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Striple wrote:
Na, I'd hate to show off and pass you in the grass too.

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Mon May 07, 2012 12:37 pm

DarcShadow wrote:
Striple wrote:
Na, I'd hate to show off and pass you in the grass too.
Well it is the faster way through Rattlesnake.

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader

Post by Dragonfly » Mon May 07, 2012 1:16 pm

If I'm not mistaken, I think Matt already found that out.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Mon May 07, 2012 1:42 pm

No, actually that's one of the few turns that I've not ran off on...yet.

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Mon May 07, 2012 2:07 pm

Dragonfly wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I think Matt already found that out.
Yeah, I've heard of Matt running through Bigger Bend, but never across Rattlesnake.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Mon May 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Yeah, lets see...Big Bend (Both directions), Little Bend, Ricochet, Tombstone, the hairpin of 1.3 (turn 3 I think they're calling it) and almost ran off Horseshoe. Man was that Daytona good and running in the grass. :)

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:20 pm

I can't say I 100% achieved my goal for the day but I for sure made improvements.

My goal was getting my head further down and off, I didn't do it all of the time but several times I nailed it, it's just not "habbit" yet I have to think about it.

I saw Striple make an outside pass and I thought well hell that looks easy lets try that, after that it was on, screw trying to drag race 1K's down the straights or get the drive out, just go around them :))

The buzz of that SV, I remember thinking wtf is that noise then I see striples helmet down by my foot... as I'm trying to pass Darc! It's the tires man, it's the tires :))

I was actually getting the Q2 to start to let go on my drive out, it was starting to spin up a tiny bit, just enough to tell me not to push any harder, but that was at lots of lean with lots of throttle.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (74.59 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
My goal is still the same, need to work on that upper body position, and a new goal, find out why I keep dragging toe sliders. never had this problem before, ever, even when I was trying to keep my feet in close they still touched so I need to move the camera back down to my swing arm to find out wtf is going on. This just started when I moved my upper body off more so by moving my upper body I'm doing something different with my feet.
K1600