Movie ride, July 15th

Ride Leaders, post rides
Bird
Achievement count: 0

Post by Bird » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:26 pm

Do the ride ... it won't be fast enough to risk traction if you pay attention which you should always do on new rubber any way (right, Terry? :-) )
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

digi

Post by digi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:41 pm

Do the ride. I have broken two tires in that way, and I was fine. Besides, if you drop, you will have us there to pick you up.

:D
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:29 am

Ok, here's the plan. I'll lead a ride that'll head to the west of town and leave Sonic at 12:30.

We'll then catch the 4:20 showing of Transformers at the Rave theater at the Ridgmar Mall. We'll leave from Sonic and make a quick stop at the theater so every one can buy tickets early and we won't have to wait in line when we get back from the ride.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

IraqiFreedomCombatVet

Post by IraqiFreedomCombatVet » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:45 am

SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!T i WANTED SO BAD TO BE A PART OF THIS, BUT THANKS TO A FEW A$$HOLES WHO CANT BUST THEIR A$$ TO WORK FOR A BIKE, IM NOT. :sad:
ONLY THE DEAD HAVE SEEN THE END OF WAR-PLATO

Aviconus
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by Aviconus » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:42 pm

damnit planned on going to this but there will be other rides, friend is in town and i promised everyone a hurricane harbor trip and the only way we can mesh it is on sunday so ill catch the next one.
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

Edmond_Dantes

Post by Edmond_Dantes » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:42 pm

Looks like I'm gonna be able to make this one! Let's hear it for ditching work at noon!
1990 ZG1000 Concours
"...They will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines"

Meat of Snail

Post by Meat of Snail » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Show me the Transformers!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Meat of Snail ==> AKA: Snail Meat
Bike: ZX-10R 2007 Special Edition
IBA# 41998

Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:21 pm

Thanks Bird and Digi for the input :grin: ...I guess I am in and will see everyone tomorrow @ sonice!
:)
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

Meat of Snail

Post by Meat of Snail » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:03 am

I also just got a new rear tire installed this week. I was expecting to use this ride to scrub it in, alot of the riders use the moderates as a good opertunity to scrub in some new tires. :cool: :grin:
Meat of Snail ==> AKA: Snail Meat
Bike: ZX-10R 2007 Special Edition
IBA# 41998

gixxerjay

Post by gixxerjay » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:10 pm

Good Ride..lotsa bumps and gravel but hey it beats work. Thanks Matt for leading and was nice to see some new faces..And no i'm not gonna make any derogatory yamaha comments but all the zooks made it through no problem :P\

Jay

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:55 pm

Sorry about all the bumps guys. I promise my next ride will be on known good roads! lol

For future reference, FM 5 should be avoided till it's fixed. It's a mess!
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

matadorCE

Post by matadorCE » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:01 pm

It was great riding with you guys; looking forward to doing it again.

Edmond_Dantes

Post by Edmond_Dantes » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:01 pm

Any word on our fallen comrade or Avi's reaction to it? Glad he was OK. :grin:
1990 ZG1000 Concours
"...They will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines"

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:20 pm

Wow, if I hadn't gone to the movie I would have no idea what you are talking about. You might wanna recap the ride for those of us unfortunate enough to not be able to go on the ride.

digi

Post by digi » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:48 pm

Hellava day today! Good ride, but some pretty nasty bumps.

I'll let someone else summarize.

I will say that given today's events, our next intermediate should go PERFECT...
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

Jett-road kill

Post by Jett-road kill » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:58 pm

digi wrote:
I'll let someone else summarize.
figured that was a meatballs job. :-)
Joe 06 R6

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW! What a ride!"

dz

Post by dz » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:05 pm

Great ride as always.

CrazyKuban

Post by CrazyKuban » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:43 pm

Ok here I go. We left on-time like most of the time. Then we went to the theater, some got tickets and we left. Then we got to Hwy 5 and that's where sh*t happend. A fellow rider went to the side of the road in a curve and hit the ground pretty hard, lucky for him nothing happend except for a small scrape on his knee, and his ego. 8-) The bike suffer minor damage and he was able to leave the scene like a true biker, back on top of the bike that put him on the ground. After that we got to better roads and i was fun, blah blah blah blah,........ some went back to the theater, I went home. And that's the recap for the day. Some minor details were left out deliverly to avoid emberassment on a fellow meatball, but Im sure we all will know what happend in time. :eek: :-x :biker:

And that's how the cookie crumbles. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

dz

Post by dz » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:31 pm

CrazyKuban wrote:Ok here I go. We left on-time like most of the time. Then we went to the theater, some got tickets and we left. Then we got to Hwy 5 and that's where sh*t happend. A fellow rider went to the side of the road in a curve and hit the ground pretty hard, lucky for him nothing happend except for a small scrape on his knee, and his ego. 8-) The bike suffer minor damage and he was able to leave the scene like a true biker, back on top of the bike that put him on the ground. After that we got to better roads and i was fun, blah blah blah blah,........ some went back to the theater, I went home. And that's the recap for the day. Some minor details were left out deliverly to avoid emberassment on a fellow meatball, but Im sure we all will know what happend in time. :eek: :-x :biker:

And that's how the cookie crumbles. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Pretty much this. Also it was pretty goddamn hot out there and there were lots of cops. Good ride overall :)

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer

Post by dufremle » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:51 am

Hey, if you are going to wreck a bike, make sure it is someone else's! :D

Sorry, but I had to. :eek:
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:50 am

to avoid being an asshole this will be my only post on it. It could have happened to any one of you, especially with the crazy routes matt picks. The first time i met Mellisa she almost went off the road because of gravel. i was being a nice guy and loneing out my bike to a more experienced rider then myself and, i guess all that can be said is shit happens. As for Chris, he ended up going to the hospital on severe pains in his knee and chest. i dont know the dignosis on his knee but what i think i gathered on his chest is that he bruised his ribs. i would think that as a biker community we can trust fellow experienced rider with our babies. and i know Don said someone could ride his bike this weekend even tho noone took him up on it. I was being a nice guy and he's already said that he will pay for the damages. now maybe mikes son can repaint all the spots he fucked up. Glad everyone got home safe and you enjoyed the movie. i enjoyed hurricane harbor and got sunburnt so the day wasnt a complete loss. peace out see you guys later.
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

digi

Post by digi » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:29 am

Sorry to hear about Chris going to the hospital. Hopefully, he will be fine... anything you can walk/ride away from...

Avi: You are right about it happening to anyone of us, as it happened to me BEFORE the ride, upon entering the sonic parking lot. So, hopefully that thought makes you feel a little better. :-o

Don't sweat the front set being broke either... I am learning that this is quite common on the 2007 R1 even when you aren't crashing.

I'm probably going to order a replacement front cowl and lower right cowl for mine... damn scrapes. Frame slider worked as advertised though.

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:34 am

Firewa11 only offered his bike up to me, not an open invitation. I didnt take it for two reasons.

1) I would have felt like dog crap had anything happened to it while in my possesion. Anything from taking a flying rock and getting a ding, to dropping it. It wasnt worth the risk for me, with my years experience riding.

2) I needed to get my bike into the shop to get the electrical gremlin taken care of.

I wouldn't have loaned my bike out to just anyone. It would have to be someone I knew well, really trust, know they will do the right thing, and know they would do the same for me. I wouldn't even loan my girl out to just anyone in the club. I would have to know their riding style and ability. More time on a bike doesnt mean you have more experience, or make you a better rider. One year on the bike for Firewa11 far exceeds the one year on a bike for me.

Jett-road kill

Post by Jett-road kill » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am

in matts defence at the start of the ride it is stated to ride our own ride. if you dont feel good aout whats going on then back off alittle you wont be left behind.

as far as lonein any thing out i belive in murphys law. that dosent mean that i wouldnt loan anything out. just be prepared for the worst. sounded like to me that going in to the ride said borrower would take care of any problems that arise. GOOD THING!
Joe 06 R6

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW! What a ride!"

IraqiFreedomCombatVet

Post by IraqiFreedomCombatVet » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:57 am

Hey guys, how are yall doing? Like i said to Sean last night, i was very sorry and will pay for the damages, like he says shit happens, and well shit happened, i feel like shit right now not on my injuries but what i did to seans bike. again sean i am sorry very sorry. Thanks to all the guys who helped me, NEVER LEAVE A FALLEN COMRADE BEHIND good group of guys. I just got hold of some loose gravel and well gravity took over. as for my injuries i have 2 broken ribs, bruised knee with possible tissue damage (have to go back in 3 days for a follow up) and a concussion when my head hit the ground, the helmet saved my life and i thank god for that, as for helmet it was scraped and chipped, again im sorry to sean and to the group for having to stop the ride on my account. It wont keep me down i will be there again. Question: is my helmet still good? i heard once you hit it hard it is done for.
ONLY THE DEAD HAVE SEEN THE END OF WAR-PLATO