Moderate Ride March 31st

Ride Leaders, post rides
rnbcbr1000
Achievement count: 0

Post by rnbcbr1000 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Matt, thanks for leading today. Only had five of us but still a great ride. It actually turned out to be a great day to ride. Didn't seem to take as long as I thought to get down to Waco and we hit some pretty fun roads, would be even better at intermediate pace.

Bennie suffered the only minor mishap in the form of a rear tire puncture, big thanks have to go out to the "Children of the Trees" :-? for providing the air pump. Where the hell did he come from anyway?

We hit Buzzard Billy's for lunch and it was well worth the extra few miles to get there. Saw my first Armadillo egg :grin: Everything is better if it is wrapped in bacon :-)
[url=http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3qf8.jpg][img]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8339/picture3qf8.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason

If you're not riding on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Meat of Snail

Post by Meat of Snail » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:59 pm

Yea, Great ride thanks for leading it. As far as the children in the trees, I turn my head to pick up my helmet and by the time I look back that kid dissapered. All I saw was trees and road??? Also, do all children in the trees carry air pumps? I am glad you were able to ride that flat to a stop as opposed to dumping it through that last turn you made. Over all great ride.

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:36 pm

Guys, thanks for letting me come along on the ride Saturday. That was fun and I want to do it again. Bennie - sorry to hear of the flat, and glad you were able to stop safely.
If that was Moderate, is Intermediate faster, slower, or shorter?
-
:-D

digi

Post by digi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:15 pm

Would this be the Karl that I know?

Former sufferer of baseball? If so, glad to see you on the board, and very sorry that I missed riding with you!
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

Bird

Post by Bird » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:27 pm

Karl, Intermediate is faster ... sometimes, MUCH faster. Length of ride is usually determined by the weather. Riding fast takes a lot out of you both physically and mentally. Today was a good example of that. By the time I got home from the track, I was beat.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

digi

Post by digi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:43 pm

I just got home a while ago... just had a hot shower, and I feel like the world is right for once.

Intermediate is where it's at, and tracks are worth the wait.
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:54 am

Karl817 wrote:Guys, thanks for letting me come along on the ride Saturday. That was fun and I want to do it again. Bennie - sorry to hear of the flat, and glad you were able to stop safely.
If that was Moderate, is Intermediate faster, slower, or shorter?
-
:-D
There were sections of that ride that ventured closer to Intermediate speeds. The group size and roads really determins the speeds. Small groups have a tendance to go a little faster if every one is comfortable.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Saint

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:23 am

Darn it, missed a ride. I hope you guys had fun it was beutiful!!

RAZOR

Post by RAZOR » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:09 pm

YEP :cool: I'M ADICTED !!!!!!!!!
As I shifted into sixth , I couldn't remember a thing she said !!!!!!!!!I just want to ride !!!!