Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Re: MSRC in May Role Call

Post by dufremle » Sun May 15, 2011 8:56 am

DemonDuck wrote:Grinner dont you have 2 of them bikes? Seems like the perfect chance to give the other bike a day at the track. Dont be all one way. :)) Sucks to hear about your bike though.
:icon_whs0be:
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Sun May 15, 2011 9:05 am

Grinner wrote:Well...as of today my track season is over.
Darc...notify the second place of the drawing.

Now for the bad news...got home from FPS in weatherford with blade n willk in tow. Pulled into the drive and start hearin a knockin on the top side of number one.
(and no, this is worse sounding than the traditional knocking of a v-twin)
So, for now, i will be lookin into whether to rebuild now or just buy another motor and rebuild over the winter. I will keep yall informed as to the progress.

And for those crashin at the treehouse next weekend...the treehouse is still open.
Just FYI...for future reference...anytime there is a trackday at Cresson, the treehouse will be open to those ridin or supporting us that are riding. That way we can actually get a good nights sleep and not have to get up at buttcrack dawn to be at the track.
:D
That sucks, sorry to hear that.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

WillK675
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Grinner, Your track season is not over. You know the rules. One bike down at a time. That means take the liter to the track. Do it!
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:02 pm

WillK675 wrote:Grinner, Your track season is not over. You know the rules. One bike down at a time. That means take the liter to the track. Do it!
Yeah, don't be such a :-P mmmkay?!
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:25 pm

did your track season ever begin?

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Saturday there is RAIN in the forcast :(
K1600

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Wed May 18, 2011 9:35 pm

No worries, riding in the rain is fun...well at least at Barber it was anyway. hehehe

In the past Dave has been pretty good about calling off trackdays if he can make the decesion early enough in the day and the weather is pretty bad and clearly going to stay around for awhile. But it's always a hit or miss.

I also just got an email from RideSmart saying that there will be no tire or suspension support this weekend. :(
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Thu May 19, 2011 9:39 am

fixxervi6 wrote:Saturday there is RAIN in the forcast :(
If you don't get an e-mail saying it's off, just throw on your rain gear over your leathers and head to the track. Riding in the rain is fun!

If they call it off early, that's more time to hang out at the tree house. :D

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:13 am

Well, I'll probably catch hell for it but if it rain's I'm not runnin
K1600

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Thu May 19, 2011 10:28 am

fixxervi6 wrote:Well, I'll probably catch hell for it but if it rain's I'm not runnin
Oh yeah, I forgot you're on that Harley 750. :-)

(just kidding, no need to risk your daily driver if you don't want)

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 am

Dave wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote:Well, I'll probably catch hell for it but if it rain's I'm not runnin
Oh yeah, I forgot you're on that Harley 750. :-)

(just kidding, no need to risk your daily driver if you don't want)
yea, if I had a dedicated track bike I'd run, but I can't risk my baby.

One of these days I'll be fast enough to keep my RPM up in rocket area and not harley area :mad:
K1600

El Diabro
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Thu May 19, 2011 11:20 am

I am good to go for the 21st as long as its not raining!
DarcShadow wrote:So if I got all this right we have

Saturday
Dave
Fixxervi6
Telomere
Striple
Will (maybe)

Sunday
Dave
Grinner
DarcShadow (maybe)
Will (maybe)
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:32 am

Rain or shine, I'll still be riding out Saturday morning to hang.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Thu May 19, 2011 11:41 am

I'm gonna play it by ear, but if the trackday is on, I plan on riding - rain or not.

I'm not exactly out to break any lap records, so a bit of rain shouldn't be an issue. I'm assuming that RideSmart will call it off if its raining cats & dogs, and people start taking their boats out on the track.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Thu May 19, 2011 11:43 am

NOt sure about here but at Barber, as long as there was not any lightning in the area, they turned us loose.
DAMN, that was a ton of fun playin in the rain there!!!
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Thu May 19, 2011 11:48 am

If it's bad enough, earlier enough, Dave can call it off and get his money back from the track. But once the day starts there's no refunds so unless it is "dangerous" then he will run.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Sat May 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Well so I show up late, run in to catch the rider brief, thinking about how I'm gonna get some can time in before the track because I needed it, morning routine and all, and I still needed to prep the bike so it was going to be a tight schedule.

Rider meeting, same as before, run down and do the can thing, feeling much better I then had to run out and prep the bike, on my walk up I see its getting taped up!!!

BIG shout out to Pink Grinner and Claudia for getting me prepped!!!!!

Got the call for the round robin, went into staging.. listening to the machines you could smell fear in the air (not really, but I wasn't amped up this time like I was at ECR :) ) Everyone kept talking about how slick the track was, I was a little nervous because ECR was like freakin ice, if everyone is talking about how slick this is, its gonna be bad. During the rider brief all they kept saying was its very very slick ride 40%...

Round robin went GREAT, very very minor slipping unlike ECR, so I thought, well hell it can't be THAT slick then (or so I thought).

Next time out, off I go, right away I feel much better and confident on this track than I did at ECR, no wicked patches all over the place to catch my eyes and throw off my focus. I was getting some minor slippage but nothing major, I thought, if this is as bad as it gets then I'm golden.. then there is this place they like to call rattle snake... well, I hit it at ~50 mph second lap first session, got through the first couple of turns ok then rolled on the throttle, there goes the rear end, not a big deal right just a little slick I've been here before just stay focused then, then something new happened, the front end started to tuck, this was new, this was not cool, its a good thing I did my can routine earlier today cause that scared the hell out of me, some how I recovered.

After that, I started using my speedometer, 35 mph entry speed to rattle snake, yea I could have gone faster but screw it, I wanted to enjoy the rest of the track, I wasn't out there on a timer I figured I'd throw that part away and live to ride another day.

Next session out, track was warming up, almost no slipping grip was good so I started to step it up, deep dive into a left turn and my knee kind of goes skip... grind grind.... skip... .grind... HOLY CRAP. About that time I notice a photographer, I was like hells yes, they setup in one of my good turns this time, he better have gotten that shit!

So when I wasn't parked behind one of those slow bikes, you know those slow turning 1000cc ones, ( :mad: ) I was putting my knee down on almost every left hander (lets not talk about right handers right now, stay focused), this was working out well I thought, and I still had plenty of track left so I figure what the hell I'll take the speed up another notch, turn, skip... skip.. grind skip... then I come in a little hot, instead of skip skip ... grind skip I get GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND then I start going wide. I figure well I'll just lean more and go for it.. oh wait yea I'm already melting away my knee here, I quit rolling on the throttle and it worked out, but I took it back down a notch after that.

Pull back into the pits, and I had tire bugars! WIN!

So I'm up with the instructor next, he asked me what I wanted to work on, I said I need to turn right better so we go out, I do a few laps and he pulls me off. Tells me I need to be more aggressive with passing, I was like, ok I can do that I just didn't want to get in trouble, but I see this as a free pass so I might as well go for broke. Pull back out, get to zippin, pull in behind one of those slow 1000's that can only go straight, guy runs wide on exit so I figured screw it he said to pass so I nailed it off I go... no black flags... cool lets do that again, and again.

After we were done he said I turn left really well but asked me if I had any injuries on my right side (REALLY, do I suck THAT BAD?) I was like no, but after some time I think we have it figured out, its my hand posistion on my throttle hand locking up my arm, too bad they shut down the track due to a storm before I could test that theory.

Its now 11:45, and my legs are starting to hurt! :idea:

So 1 day down at ECR, I like cresson a lot better, but I still want to go back to ECR.

My Pilot 2CT's, I'm not complaining about them anymore, I slid all over ECR but after the track got hot I slid 0, stuck like glue
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (38.04 KiB) Viewed 2250 times
K1600

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:27 am

the tracks are almost always cold and slick, definately for round robin, and usually for the first session. I think that is one reason Dave lets the advanced riders go first, to help warm it up. That and they don't need the classroom time.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:54 am

K1600

NickS
Achievement count: 0

Post by NickS » Sun May 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Sounds like a good day.
'08 Kawasaki Concours 14
'10 Kawasaki Z1000

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Mon May 23, 2011 8:02 am

Sunday was a pretty good day too. I don't think I've had that much fun at the track since Barber last year. The 1.3 is GREAT! and very exhausting, there is literally no place to "relax" so by the time you get your 20 min in you feel like you’ve been out there for an hour. :) If you've never ran this track you have got to give it a shot. If you've ran it in the past and wasn't happy with it, give it another shoot. I'm not sure if they fixed the areas that went bad shortly after the track opened, but I didn't notice any spots other then one little ruff patch in the hairpin and even that was nothing compaired to the crap at ECR.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:06 am

DarcShadow wrote:Sunday was a pretty good day too. I don't think I've had that much fun at the track since Barber last year. The 1.3 is GREAT! and very exhausting, there is literally no place to "relax" so by the time you get your 20 min in you feel like you’ve been out there for an hour. :) If you've never ran this track you have got to give it a shot. If you've ran it in the past and wasn't happy with it, give it another shoot. I'm not sure if they fixed the areas that went bad shortly after the track opened, but I didn't notice any spots other then one little ruff patch in the hairpin and even that was nothing compaired to the crap at ECR.
I watched you guys for a bit, I plan on taking the 250 out on that one day.
K1600

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Mon May 23, 2011 10:04 am

I have to say, I have never seen a grown man as excited about his boogers as fixxervi6 was on Saturday. :D

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Mon May 23, 2011 10:12 am

It's interesting how the two tracks wear the tires. The old section chews them up like that pretty good, the new section, almos cleans them, and you don't really get tire boogers, unless you run too wide in a could of the turns and get into the marbles. That's a bit sketchy.

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Mon May 23, 2011 10:20 am

DarcShadow wrote:It's interesting how the two tracks wear the tires. The old section chews them up like that pretty good, the new section, almos cleans them, and you don't really get tire boogers, unless you run too wide in a could of the turns and get into the marbles. That's a bit sketchy.
You just like it because it looks like a gravel road out there. :)