need for speed

Ride Leaders, post rides
Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:07 pm

You can sleep through just about anything, I'm not worried. As long as we're not running in and jumping on the bed, it's all good :-)

Tinkerbell
Achievement count: 0

Post by Tinkerbell » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:33 pm

Great, you just put the idea into everyones head!!! What am I going to do with you???? :-D
Every time someone says 'I do not believe in fairies', somewhere there's a fairy that falls down dead. ~ Tinkerbell

Official "Worst Ever" Support Team Member (Arkansas 2006)

digi

Post by digi » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:36 pm

Don't look at me, I need my sleep too... There's a ride!!!
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:15 pm

Are we planning on stopping by the MSF course to point and laugh at Tink?

:)
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:48 pm

id be down for that.
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

beercap

Post by beercap » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:48 pm

That's a great Idea Jim...!

Imagine the rest of the class droole seeing
12+ motorcycles rumble in to watch, thats a fun idea...

Beercap :neutral:

Dufremle wrote:Are we planning on stopping by the MSF course to point and laugh at Tink?

:)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9436/twins1zv7.gif[/img][/url][url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9751/opusfinalgf2.gif[/img][/url]

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:12 pm

Dufremle wrote:Are we planning on stopping by the MSF course to point and laugh at Tink? :)
Thought about that as soon as she said she was doing it this weekend. Where is Tink doing her class? We may have to do a detour.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:44 am

Dragon Stadium in Southlake :grin:

Although at this point it doesn't look like I'll be making the ride on Sunday... I don't think I'll be finished with work until after 10. Sucks, but I can't complain too loudly compared to my old job's weekend and weekday after-hour support!

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:14 am

I'm in for a moderate ride.
Mike, I'll ride tail for the group. This will give me a chance to try out my new Collett.

See y'all at Sonic around 8:30am
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

bthomas

Post by bthomas » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:48 pm

can a newbie like me get in on this ride?

Bird

Post by Bird » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:20 pm

Moderate rides are intended and geared towards new riders. It's best that you be able to at least go the speed limit, but we'll adjust as needed. Two-up's are also welcome as well as those few cruisers that like to hang with the sport bikes. Check out the description of the Moderate ride and if you feel you can hang at a resonable pace, this is the opportunity to learn how we ride in a group and get to know everyone.

Looking forward to the ride tomorrow ... there will be at least 4 ride leaders in the group and lots of people that you can ask questions of. One thing about this group, if you want help with controlling your bike at speed, there are plenty of people to talk to. If someone doesn't know the answer, you'll be taken to someone with more experience so you won't hear a bunch of BS from people that really don't know. We pride ourselves on that and stand by it! :D

All Meatballs, try to show up and build up your required rides. With extra Intermediate Leaders along, we'll split up at 51 and give you guys a chance to push it a little. It's going to be HOT by the time we finish, so hydrate tonight if possible.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

ninja zx10r

Post by ninja zx10r » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:34 pm

what time this will be

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:10 pm

well it this suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. just found out i have to go into work sunday. go figure on the ride that i initiated. oh well see you thursday and at the camping trip.
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:14 pm

If anyone planned to come up and see me at the MSF course, dont. I had to reschedule due to heat. I passed the first part of class, and then we went out to the bikes. They didn't really have a low enough bike for me (I was on my toes) and with the heat of learing to turn on a hill, took all my energy. We had 1 guy leave in an Abulance, and 4 others reschedule. I almost passed out twice. I can't wait to get back out there and learn, but I can't do the heat.
Every time someone says 'I do not believe in fairies', somewhere there's a fairy that falls down dead. ~ Tinkerbell

Official "Worst Ever" Support Team Member (Arkansas 2006)

Bird

Post by Bird » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:45 pm

Spanky ... Spanky. Come on Tink, WE ride in the heat! Sorry it got postponed, but I was having a hard time including Southlake in the ride any way. Somebody find that Lady some LIFTS!
Mike

Bird

Post by Bird » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:48 pm

9:00 A.M. at the Sonic on Clifford and White Settlement (find map at another page). Pull out will be at 9:00, SHARP, so fuel up both body and bike before hand. Some of us will be there by 8:30 to greet the new comers.
Last edited by Bird on Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

jr2

Post by jr2 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:42 pm

Yeah Kris was one who rescheduled too... It got damn hot out there fast today and it's going to be worse tomorrow! Not a good first experience to pass out in the parking lot during the MSF course!!
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike as most people do in all their lives" Marco Simoncelli

digi

Post by digi » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:21 pm

Sorry to hear about the scorching MSFs... :(

I just prepped my camelbak. Looks like it should fit under my jacket nicely.

If you guys have em, you might want to wear em.
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice

Post by sckego » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:42 am

Well, I hope the rest of you had a good time on the remainder of the ride. Sorry again for holding up the group... I know waiting around in the hot sun sucks >< And much thanks to Kelly for coming down to his shop on a Sunday and trying to help us fix my bike! Unfortunately, a few miles after leaving the shop, the bike started leaking again, so Vic and I just pulled a 180 and headed back up 377 to home.

We made it home uneventfully, except for meeting up with a group of Aston Martins (yummy) and one naaaaasty C6 Z06 on 377... god, if they could make a bike that sounded the way that thing did... :D

Again, hope you all had a fun and safe time. Now its time to go find some lunch (damn I'm hungry) and then start taking the viffer apart to find the source of that damn oil leak. I'm hoping that all it will require is replacing the oil filter. *crosses fingers* See you all next weekend!
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

dz

Post by dz » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:57 pm

sckego wrote:Well, I hope the rest of you had a good time on the remainder of the ride. Sorry again for holding up the group... I know waiting around in the hot sun sucks >< And much thanks to Kelly for coming down to his shop on a Sunday and trying to help us fix my bike! Unfortunately, a few miles after leaving the shop, the bike started leaking again, so Vic and I just pulled a 180 and headed back up 377 to home.

We made it home uneventfully, except for meeting up with a group of Aston Martins (yummy) and one naaaaasty C6 Z06 on 377... god, if they could make a bike that sounded the way that thing did... :D

Again, hope you all had a fun and safe time. Now its time to go find some lunch (damn I'm hungry) and then start taking the viffer apart to find the source of that damn oil leak. I'm hoping that all it will require is replacing the oil filter. *crosses fingers* See you all next weekend!
Good luck with the bike bro. We saw that group of Aston Martins as we were stopped, ha.

Awesome ride today. Thanks to all the group leaders!

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:55 pm

Good ride today, although it was a bit toasty especially near the end of the ride. No mishaps except for Sckego's bike smoking like a Thai hooker, but no biggie waiting around. There was a sportie down on 51, but they had it covered so we didn't wait around with them.

Hawk, was that you stopped off with that group? I could have sworn that was you...

Nice seeing Eric, Shannon & Co. coming back up 377... Obviously the wife reins were holding him back from gassing it at the light :-) ;)

All in all, it was a good ride. Thanks to Bird, DS, and everyone who put the ride together.

CrazyKuban
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider

Post by CrazyKuban » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:13 pm

Ok guys!! This ride was really fun. At the end we had a little drama (mechanical problem with a bike and a fallen rider"fortunally not one of us") which in biker world is all perfectly normal. Also going back to the fallen fellow, it was a good lesson for the newbies to realize that 51 is to be taken with respect and learn from others mistakes. Overall the ride was great, but hopefully next time it won't be so humid. Also the food was great like usual, and for those that detour to the track in the way home, I hope you enjoy it and hope to hear any feedbacks on it. Thank you all for another safe ride and cya all on the next one.
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:24 pm

Ah yes. The track on the return trip home. Well, it was gonna cost $5 a bike so we said fuck it and went home. That was where we saw Eric and fam though. They decided not to pay $5 right behind us! :-)

CrazyKuban
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider

Post by CrazyKuban » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:39 pm

Ok guys, there is a way to get to the track for free. If you have been there, you most likely have seen the good looking homes that they builded at the end of the track. If you take 171 south from 377 as soon you past the town look to your right and you will see an entrance to this houses, go in there and walaaaa you are in the track for free and with a better view. There is a conecting road from the houses to the track main building that you can use, or if prefered just stay by the pretty houses were others pay a butt load of money and for now you can use to wacth the races for free. By the way if this trick works for you then you owe me a beer. LOL :eek: :D :-D :grin:
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

SokoGsxr6

Post by SokoGsxr6 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:58 pm

I want to thank the ride leaders for a safe and fun ride. The girlfriend and I had a great time. Sorry Keagan about your ride hopefully it will be something minor.
SokoGsxr6

2006 ZX10R
2008 Dodge 1500 Hemi