June 24th Moderate/Intermediate

Ride Leaders, post rides
Meat of Snail
Achievement count: 0

Post by Meat of Snail » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:10 am

I'm game, as long as I can get up that early :D .
Meat of Snail ==> AKA: Snail Meat
Bike: ZX-10R 2007 Special Edition
IBA# 41998

sirburnsalot

Post by sirburnsalot » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:36 pm

I would love to make it out but i dont think i can get my rear brake rotor,pads, and fluids done by sun seeing as how i dont really know how to change rear brakes. I know i could do it myself but i dont want to jack anything up cause thats my ass if i do. anyone be willing to help me out ?? please i wanna ride with you guys but im not taking my bike out on a long ride with bad rear brakes :-o
Shut up!!! And Hold On !!!
Life is to short to give a damn about what other people think.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:48 pm

Swing by Cycle Werkz Saturday morning. They should be able to get you taken care of with plenty of time to spare.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

phrack250

Post by phrack250 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:05 pm

I'll keep my eyes open for more morning rides, glad ya'll are doing them. This Sunday i'm already obligated to a memorial ride with another riding crew up to Oklahoma for a buddy of mine that got killed on his bike a couple months ago - I don't think I could do 4-5 hours of riding in the morning than make a 4 hour round trip to Oklahoma in the same day.

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:38 pm

Have a safe trip up to the Bad Lands... go do what you have to and catch us on the next one. A fallen brother is MUCH more important than a weekend ride.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:39 pm

O.K. I'm in,
see ya'll at sonic in the morning.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

Aviconus
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by Aviconus » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:59 pm

ill be out there.
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

Meat of Snail

Post by Meat of Snail » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:43 pm

Looks like I had some family stuff come up last minuite, I will not be able to make it in the morning :( , I will see you guys at bike night (I will be getting thirsty by then)

Take a couple of good curves for my sake and have a great ride...
Meat of Snail ==> AKA: Snail Meat
Bike: ZX-10R 2007 Special Edition
IBA# 41998

JP636

Post by JP636 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:25 am

Maybe when I go to day shift in July I'll be able to attend a group ride. Ya'll just have to forget what I do for a living :-( if it's a "quick" moderate ride.
Ima grip and sip.

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:20 am

We'll just tape over yours speedo, so you cant tell how fast we are going. But should a buddy tag us, maybe you can talk to him!!

dz

Post by dz » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:42 am

Perhaps i need to learn how to set an alarm clock...

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:33 pm

had fun today. this ride exceeded my riding distance. i broke my wrist a few years ago and by the end of this ride i couldnt even shift. i was forced to hard shift without the clutch. its on ice right now.

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

digi

Post by digi » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:09 pm

Good ride today!!!! Had alot of fun! Pretty tired now, but feeling pretty great!

Avi: sorry about your wrist... next time try duct tape. =)
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

gixxerjay

Post by gixxerjay » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:32 pm

Good ride..No drama..Great weather..Man it's gonna be hot soon :) Am I the first meatball to partially lead a ride?..lol

Jay

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:44 pm

Good ride - the cops let us go free.
-
Tired.
- 3 beers and cold shower - watching em race in the rain.
-
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

CrazyKuban

Post by CrazyKuban » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:08 pm

Ok guys great ride is an understatement. First, Thank you to the ride leader, and the meatball that help lead for a little bit as well, for a safe ride. Second, as far as I know, this has been the most bikes I have seen on a Sunday ride, so thank you all for showing up. :grin: . Also, Avi, my hand was killing me too, I had the same problem on the right hand, and right now it feels like crap, but it's well worth the pain. I can say that today has been the fastes I have gone through 51, and man it was fun. Anyways see ya all at bike nite, till then be safe, and have a good week. :biker:
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

Sparrowhawk

Danke!

Post by Sparrowhawk » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:05 pm

Thanks a bunch, ride leaders. Nice meeting the new faces out & I def had a blast today.

Bird

Post by Bird » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:28 am

Great ride ... thanks Matt and Jay. I was pretty worn out, too, by the time I got home. Avi, can't suggest much for the left hand/wrist, but if anyone wants to check out a way to give your right hand a brief rest, take a look at my Throttle Miester. Had one on all of my bikes in the past 6 years and it can really make a difference.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

ZX9R

Post by ZX9R » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:00 am

If your hand hurts alot you have to learn to start using your lower back to hold yourself up. That means now your lower back hurts until your back gets strong where you need it too. I have not ridden since Track day and mine was a little tender on the straights. 51 was great, Don't think I have ridden it that way before. Karl817 That was a close call. I knew he did not have us.
Thanks to all who showed. :biker:
Riding around aimlessly will get you no where!

2000 ZX-9R
2005 ZX-10R
2011 YZF-R1

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:23 am

As requested here is the route we followed. I've put it online with the turns marked. I can't figure out how to make it show directions but this should be good enough for any one to figure out where we were.

http://local.live.com/?v=2&cid=A36C2B29 ... &encType=1
http://local.live.com/?v=2&cid=A36C2B29 ... &encType=1
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Bird

Post by Bird » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:18 pm

ZX9R wrote:If your hand hurts alot you have to learn to start using your lower back to hold yourself up....
Good point! :grin: Even for 'older' riders, it pays to strengthen the back and 2 or 3 weeks without seat time will let those muscles atrophy. People ask me all the time if it hurts my back and I tell them that I haven't had ANY back problems since I started riding Crotch Rockets. It's true ... if you work the corners and the bike like it's meant to be, the muscles get a pretty good work out.

One good test as to whether you're putting too much weight on your hands/wrists: Without moving your body, start to lift both hands off the grips ... if you feel like you're about to slam into your speedo, you need to work on the 'frame' and strengthen your lower back and abs. This isn't just to keep your wrists from hurting. If you're putting that much weight on your hands, the bike is NOT going to be smooth in the corners and that's what is needed to maintain control and carry your speed through.
Mike

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:51 am

Its not the weight of my bosy on my wrists that caused them to hurt. it was the shifting. every time i went to clutch i would get sharp pains through my entire hand/wrist. I have been riding alot meore straightened in the past few month. either that or i lay way down on the tank. that takes all the weight off my hands and puts it on my stomach so ive got that down. I dunno i think this is one situation where i might just have to suck it up.

Bird Shooter

Post by Bird Shooter » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:59 am

You can adjust your levers down to create more of a straight line. When they set up bikes new, they always have the levers too high.
[img]http://www.fwmr.net/images/rideleader/white1.gif[/img]
Jeff
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1897/avatr3nd5gu7fn3.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1995/bushflippingfingeranimapd2.gif[/img][/url]

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:33 am

I have the same problem as Avi... not to the point where I can't shift anymore, but after a long ride, my left hand and wrist is pretty worn out and sore. The clutch pull on the viffer is pretty hard, and it takes a fair amount of force to keep it in. I pop the bike into neutral at just about every stop because holding it in any longer then 20 seconds causes my wrist to start aching. Is there any way to adjust the force necessary to pull in the clutch?
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:44 am

I bought one of those hand gyro hand/wrist exerciser things, and I haven't really had that much of a problem with the clutch anymore...