Bike Night - July 12th

Club bike nights and events other than rides here are here. Events usually posted on the calendar as well.
Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:45 pm

No, 35 sucks this time of day, You'd be lucky to get stable enough to pick up your feet

I take 820 all the way around. Longer distance, but faster. I like to be able to not inhale carbon dioxide the entire ride.

Jett-road kill
Achievement count: 0

Post by Jett-road kill » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:45 pm

at that time of day dont let anyone talk you in to headin west on 820. go east on 820 to south 121 to south 35 to east i20 exit brianirving rd go left over bridge turn right in the first drive of shoppin center on the right and look for bikes on sidewalk.
Joe 06 R6

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW! What a ride!"

digi

Post by digi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:15 pm

Alright. The battery is in, and it starts, runs (and wheelies).

Blizz is on the way here now, and we will be leaving for starbucks shortly.

If we are not there when you get there, wait a bit, we will be there.
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:02 pm

I was napping - leaving now.
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

armedandinsain
Achievement count: 26

Post by armedandinsain » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:04 pm

ok well my ride still isn't off work yet. so..... i guess im not going :( :( :( well I will see u guys at the next one. I really hate this &%@#ing boot.

Bird

Post by Bird » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:32 pm

Nice turn out and good seeing everyone again. Too bad some of you had other things going on and had to leave early.

Congrats to our new VPs (Matt and Jim) and Darren, our newest Mod.

Note to first time attendees that park on the sidewalk: the bikes should look like a Military Attack Force at attention. All lined up and ready to pounce! :-) Just pickin' on you, Shannon! :D Glad you could make it.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

digi

Post by digi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:36 pm

Good bike night!

Karl, I passed you on the way home... you were exiting.

I busted my shin pretty good when I got a couple blocks away from my house. I hit a slick spot crossing the intersection, and I slid sideways. I put my foot down to correct, and I slapped my foot peg into the side of my shin (I was pretty darned sideways!).

Good thing for boots, yowch! Its like busting a funny bone.

I guess the fates thought I have been too cocky lately, and wanted to remind me that I am mortal, even when I am crossing the street. No idea what was on the street, it wasn't wet, so maybe it was just dirt from all the rain.

Wear your boots!
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

dz

Post by dz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:56 pm

Good seeing everyone, as usual. Nice to meet the new guys too. As promised, here are some of the pictures I took of the bikes.

http://www.dangerz.net/bikes/

Sorry I didn't get any inside shots; my food was on the table and I was hungry. Again, I'm no pro or anything so sorry for the bad quality. As I get better I'll try and get some more shots. Also, ignore the random frog. I didn't notice it was uploaded till just now. Those little dudes are all over my yard eating up the mosquitos, so they're allies for now.

digi

Post by digi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:10 pm

Nice pics!!!!!!!!!

IraqiFreedomCombatVet

Post by IraqiFreedomCombatVet » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:44 am

It was nice to meet with yall, even though i was late and dressed in my work attire but oh well. cant wait to get me my bike and join yall the correct way, with my bike outside with yours............ nice pics dz
ONLY THE DEAD HAVE SEEN THE END OF WAR-PLATO

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:13 am

Great pictures!

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:21 am

Bird325 wrote:Note to first time attendees that park on the sidewalk: the bikes should look like a Military Attack Force at attention. All lined up and ready to pounce! :-) Just pickin' on you, Shannon! :D Glad you could make it.
Bird - you should know what you are talking about before criticizing someones parking ability. :-?

The black and orange GSXR 600 with the aweful parking ability was not Shannon. I don't think they belonged to the group.

You know there are FWMR wannabes who try to infiltrate us and park on the sidewalk also. :-o

Aviconus
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by Aviconus » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:23 am

who were the 2 squids that showed up and tried to hang?
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:02 am

They never actually came over to our side of F&H, I think they just went into the bar. We need a sign that says NO SQUIDS to post up by our bikes for Bike Night :smile:

matadorCE

Post by matadorCE » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:51 am

It was great meeting all of you! Next time i'll quit being a wuss and actually bring my bike out. :-D

IraqiFreedomCombatVet

Post by IraqiFreedomCombatVet » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:41 am

I was at the bar, who were the guys? I felt bad that i didnt have a bike to park outside. :sad: :(
ONLY THE DEAD HAVE SEEN THE END OF WAR-PLATO

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:08 pm

My apologies to Shannon .... consider me properly chastised. :( Should have known nobody in this group would do that!
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:20 pm

Well, it doesnt look like my battery was the problem after all. I went to go start it this afternoon and it sounded the same as it did wednesday. I guess the charge I put on the battery thursday ran down. Now I have to find a new solution :-o Maybe I'll just ride Firewa11's bike since he's in Cali now :biker: :wheelie: :biker:

digi

Post by digi » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:28 pm

If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears.

I wouldn't think it to be the charging system, because shouldn't it not run if the charging system is down?

With a dead battery, the lights are bright.

I do think the starter relay could possibly be going out, since it clicks alot... would this cause a battery drain?

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:19 am

There's a button on the right side of the handlebars, to the left of the throttle, above the starter button, usually a big red button. Make sure that's switched to the "run" position. :D
-
Seriously though, symptons are what - Lights are bright but instead of starting the starter just clicks - excepting the 100% brand new battery.
Get the ohm meter out and check the voltage at the battery. Just sitting there I think it should be 12.7 (somebody know for sure).
But when hitting the starter button I think it's 10 point something. If voltage is less than that by far - short in the starting circuit? When running it should be 13.7 or thereabouts. If less then not charging.
On my car when alternator is out all the warning lights come on, don't know if motorcycle is same.
-
I'll run up to the garage thsi morning and check mine w/ohm meter just to see what the voltages are on my British bike.
-
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:52 am

Blizzard_1708 wrote:Maybe I'll just ride Firewa11's bike since he's in Cali now :biker: :wheelie: :biker:
Keys are on the hook, you may ride her, break her you buy her :???: But once you ride a Suzuki you'll never want to ride a Yamaha again.... with their aluminum foil rims, leaky radiators, faulty electrical systems, easily-blown engines (just ask Doughboy!)...

Edmond_Dantes

Post by Edmond_Dantes » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:03 pm

there's is a board just for your bike. post on it and the electrical experts will fall out of the sky.

Or give me all the info and I'll ask a bike builder/mech on a Concours board.
1990 ZG1000 Concours
"...They will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines"

gixxerjay

Post by gixxerjay » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:24 pm

digi wrote:Good bike night!

Karl, I passed you on the way home... you were exiting.

I busted my shin pretty good when I got a couple blocks away from my house. I hit a slick spot crossing the intersection, and I slid sideways. I put my foot down to correct, and I slapped my foot peg into the side of my shin (I was pretty darned sideways!).

Good thing for boots, yowch! Its like busting a funny bone.

I guess the fates thought I have been too cocky lately, and wanted to remind me that I am mortal, even when I am crossing the street. No idea what was on the street, it wasn't wet, so maybe it was just dirt from all the rain.

Wear your boots!
Typical Yamaha SQUID!!

Jay

digi

Post by digi » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:26 am

hahahahahahaha

C-MODE! I FEAR YOUR C-MODE!!!!

:biker:

jr2

Post by jr2 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:07 pm

Hey... what a bunch of light weights... :-o

Kris and I got there at 9:00 and most of you had gone home already..... :(

What is happening to this group... where's the night life?? hell we went out for a hour ride after we left at 10:00... :cool:
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike as most people do in all their lives" Marco Simoncelli