Bike Night - Thursday, August 23rd

Club bike nights and events other than rides here are here. Events usually posted on the calendar as well.
dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Bike Night - Thursday, August 23rd

Post by dufremle » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:52 am

It's that time of the month again! :D

See you there.
Last edited by dufremle on Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Bailout

Post by Bailout » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:27 am

If by "there" you mean Iraq. Then yes I will see you there!!!!!

There is an outdoor restaurant that has plenty of bike parking out front in a little mountain town named Shaklava. Just take the maine highway from Mosul thru erbil and it is just past the 4th checkpoint past the blown up tank memorial
When the buildings look like buildings..........Get something in the WIND ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!
2004 V-Rod 1250
2010 48" Gravity Longboard
1999 Old Man corvette Convertible

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Posting Reply.

Post by U-Turn » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:17 pm

WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS
Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer
Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes
WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS
Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer
Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes Motorcycle Babes
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:27 pm

I'll BE there ... last chance for an outing before heading for the Islands for a much needed bit of R&R.

Terry is planning on being there ... come on by and slap our Daddy on the back! :-)
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:39 am

Well it's been awhile, but I finally got a Thursday off!!
Looks like Sarah and I will be there :idea:

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:48 am

In! That'll give me a reason to finish putting my bike back together and giving her a good wash :grin:
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:07 am

You're up early or late as the case may be FW

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:49 am

I just got home about 15 minutes ago. I went to breakfast before I turned the puter on. Insomnia.
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:13 am

The Doctor wrote:You're up early or late as the case may be FW
Went to bed too early and woke up too soon :-o
ImageImageImage

doughboy

Post by doughboy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:16 pm

I won't be out to this bike night either. Working nights for a while. Man this sucks!!! You guys have fun and be safe!!!
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value!

Bird

Post by Bird » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:25 pm

Too bad you and the crazy lady can't make it. Going to miss seeing you guys. Hey, is your bike still running ... haven't seen you on a ride in a while? :(
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

CrazyKuban
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider

Post by CrazyKuban » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:00 pm

I got family in, from out of town, but if I can I will get away for a bit and show my face for a few minutes, no promises but I'll do my best.
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

gixxerjay

Post by gixxerjay » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:44 pm

*EDIT* Me and the wife are in. See ya all there.

Jay
Last edited by gixxerjay on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dz

Post by dz » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:46 pm

I should be there.

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice

Post by sckego » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:09 pm

I'm going to try and make it, but no guarantees. DZ, i'll bring the gixxer shock if I do show up.

Kegan
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

dz

Post by dz » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:31 pm

Cool, sounds good. I'll have my bookbag and money incase you show.

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:14 pm

Wooohooo! Wings and Iced Tea!

2:45:10!!!
ImageImageImage

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:17 pm

My ass you are drinking iced tea.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm

I've sworn off drinking, and I'm on the bike. Two important reasons to enjoy iced tea! :-?
ImageImageImage

phrack250

Post by phrack250 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:43 pm

Respect to you! I swear its so hard not to drink... i've been trying to quit :)

Bird

Post by Bird » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:16 pm

Good turn out, Guys/Gals. :grin: A few new people showed up to check out the happenings. F&H put up chips/salsa, wings and pizza this time around. Plenty to eat and everyone seemed to have a good time. Digi closed out the raffle by taking all the remaining squares. We'll do the roll of the dice at the next bike night, but there isn't much use ... them tires are MINE. :D
Mike

digi

Post by digi » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:41 pm

Glad to have made it to bike night. It was good to see everyone.

I got stopped TWICE on the way home. First stop, I was *ALMOST* to the 20/820 split, and I looked back to bright blue and reds. I looked around, wondering where exactly you are supposed to stop... Finding no place, I pulled to the center divider (I was in the far left lane). The officer called over the bullhorn for me to put my hands on my helmet. I thought, "Oh shit". I knew I wasn't going THAT fast, but who knows...

So, the officer then tells me to get off the bike. I left the key on, and he comes over, asks how to turn off the bike, and pulls the key. He tells me that I was doing 90 in a 60, and that he could take me to jail. I say nothing. He takes the key, and requests my license and insurance. I give those to him. He goes to his car, and writes the fastest ticket that I have ever seen. He comes back, hands me the ticket, and says that he won't take me to jail because I stopped.

I hadn't said anything the entire time. I finally asked, "why would I run exactly?" and I looked at him. He said that he chases bikes all the time, and that the last guy ran, AFTER being stopped, and I guess it caused a quite dangerous situation.

I told the officer that I saw no point to endanger the both of us. He looked at me funny, and got in his car. He started to leave, and I realized that I had no key. I go over to his window, and he says, oh, its on the windshield, and then the reason he took the key was because the guy ran... etc. etc.

So, he leaves. I take off, actually not surprised, it was only a matter of time before I had to pay the piper, although I got stopped going to our last ride (no ticket there).

I have a issue, and that is the speedlimit. If I drive the speedlimit, people want to run me over. Also, I find it more dangerous pulling off busy I-20, and then back onto busy I-20... my speeding is much safer by comparison, because EVERYONE is doing 90. But enough about my views, onto my journey home.

I continue down the road. I pick up the pace, and I am clipping along rather nicely, 100 is a good safe speed around traffic, and I'm watching behind me. What are the odds of anything happening, damage has been done.

Clipping along, I run into a pack of rockets, and they are doing a decent clip. I fall into formation in one of the packs (there are other formations in other lands, I think about 14 bikes, but it was hard to count... They pick up the pace, I pick up the pace. They pick up the pace even more, and I kick down a gear, and next thing you know, the lot of us are hauling.

I didn't really look at my speedo except once, and it was beyond 150. The lane was clear, so I continued. We crested the big hill on 20, which is a really fun curve at speed, and zig zagged around a few cars. Now, we are doing over 100 something, and things are peachy, nothing is crazy... until these guys start splitting.

I'm pretty crazy. I split sometimes, but not at over 100. I get trapped behind a car for a couple minutes, I catch my breath, and then it opens up and I continue. I kick up my speed, still seeing the last of the bikes in front of me.

So, I realize my exit is coming up, I try to get over, but this is freaking I-20. You have to really plan in advance, otherwise it's a real bitch to get into the chute for the I-35 exit. I miss it by long shot. I continue down the road, actually, not doing that fast (didn't seem like it) and I pull off the next exit. The light turns red, there are hardly any cars, and I think, ya know, I really want to run this light and get back to Dallas.

But I don't. I sit there. A car pulls up behind me. I look behind me, and its another cop. I think, great, it's a good thing that I didn't run the light afterall, I don't need it twice in one night.

My signal was even on. The light goes green, I turn left, and he hits his lights. This time, I get someone friendly. Where am I coming from, where am I going, etc, etc. I tell him. He asks if I was in a hurry, and I say, no. He looks at me funny, asks again... I wasn't in a hurry, really.

He asks to see my inspection, I open up the glovebox and show him. He goes to his car, runs my license, comes back, and asks about priors. I tell him about Ft. Worth, and he asks to see the ticket, and I show him. Then he tells that my plates are in the system, and that he tried to catch me and couldn't, their cars only run 130, and thats when they stop writing tickets.

Real nice fellow... he gave me the standard lecture, and said he even had it on video if I wanted to argue... he did let me off with a verbal, and informed me that Texas is on the points system now. I sort of wonder if it was really me he was chasing, or one of the other dudes. If I hadn't already been stopped, I might have asked to see the video (videos are cool, even if you gotta pay the ticket to see it).

So, yeah. Twice in one night. It can happen.

Now, honestly, do I really give a rat about my ticket? No, thats what lawyers are for. It's a fitting end to one of my off-days... I thought bike night, being the happy time that it is for me, would cure my off day, but I guess not tonight.

I'm going to sleep soon.
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

bthomas

Post by bthomas » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:04 am

wish i could have made it out, work sucks

Darren

Post by Darren » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:55 am

Digi... you have my kinda luck! Almost glad I had to miss bike night, becuase like you, I feel faster is safer down I-20.

Sorry I missed the good turnout. With meet the teacher night and getting my truck sold, I just ran outta time to make it out.

CrazyKuban
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider

Post by CrazyKuban » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:16 am

That sucks digi, but I could not show up to bike night. I was a little bit piss off, but my family was here and I could not get away. OH well next time fellows.
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.