Selecting your 2008 Presidential Candidate (quick quiz)

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
beercap
Achievement count: 0

Selecting your 2008 Presidential Candidate (quick quiz)

Post by beercap » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:43 am

for those that care, take this quick 11 question quiz,
and see if you are selecting your 2008 Presidential Candidate
for the right reasons... or not:

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

Beercap :neutral:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9436/twins1zv7.gif[/img][/url][url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9751/opusfinalgf2.gif[/img][/url]

matadorCE

Post by matadorCE » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:56 am

Here is who I'm voting for:

Aviconus
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by Aviconus » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:32 am

that was an interesting little survey but it doesnt really serve mush purpose if 5 different candidates all agree with my views. . .
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

rnbcbr1000

Post by rnbcbr1000 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:15 pm

Outcome was no big surprise for me. I think the former mayor of NYC will probably get my nod.
[url=http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3qf8.jpg][img]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8339/picture3qf8.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason

If you're not riding on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

digi

Post by digi » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:58 pm

Ewwwwwwww.
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

dz

Post by dz » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:33 pm

rnbcbr1000 wrote:Outcome was no big surprise for me. I think the former mayor of NYC will probably get my nod.
Ugh, he is by far the absolute worst candidate possible. I would rather have Hillary then him.

Aviconus
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by Aviconus » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:50 am

Amen DZ
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

dz

Post by dz » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:42 am

Here, let me help you out with Rudy's next speech incase you miss it.

blah blah 911 blah blah blah 911911911 blah blah OH DID I MENTION 911 I WAS THERE blah blah blah 911 blah blah 911 FIREFIGHTERS blah blah 911

Just repeat that a couple times and when you're done, please donate $9.11 to his next presentation which will be on September 11th at 9:11am.

Thanks,
911911911911Rudy Staff911911911911

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:33 am

"Where were you when they built that tower to heaven?" :-)
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

matadorCE

Post by matadorCE » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:46 pm

rnbcbr1000

Post by rnbcbr1000 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:15 am

dz wrote:Here, let me help you out with Rudy's next speech incase you miss it.

blah blah 911 blah blah blah 911911911 blah blah OH DID I MENTION 911 I WAS THERE blah blah blah 911 blah blah 911 FIREFIGHTERS blah blah 911

Thanks,
At least someone in this country remembers what happened on that day! After reading some of your previous posts, DZ, I understand your response. You obviously have no real concept of what is going on in this world and allow Hollywood extremists and the media to sway your decisions. We need someone like Julianne as President, someone who will stand up and fight for this country and its people.

I don't know your background but for a member of this country to make a mockery of what happened on that day and feel as you do, I hope you are not serious. To not stand behind the decisions made by our leaders and support our troops in the fight is a definite shame. You need to subject your pussy self to a day in the life a service member and I bet your opinions will change. I feel sorry for individuals like yourself, ones who cannot think for themselves and must allow society to take care of them and make all decisions for them. Go ahead and vote Hillary into office and lets just see what city is attacked next. I was a member of the Armed Forces during the Clinton and Bush administrations and I definately choose the later. Bill was a piece of shit both personally and professionally and his wife Hillary is just the same but shorter.

Typical of a Democrat, faced with advercity, fold like a taco. Absolutely no backbone to do what is right, but will change view point to make themselves more appealing to general public depending upon current circumstances.
[url=http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3qf8.jpg][img]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8339/picture3qf8.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason

If you're not riding on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

beercap

Post by beercap » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:51 am

funny quote ... but sadly true:
rnbcbr1000 wrote:... Bill was a piece of shit both personally and professionally and his wife Hillary is just the same but shorter...
Rudy had to clean out what the Arabs did to us that dreaded Tuesday
morning because the "Company" in charged of our United States of America
ran a piss poor show and ignored to address the warning signs...
CEO Bill (Hillary's husband) allowed 911 (CNN/ABC/NBC,CBS/BBC.. wont' tell you this)
and Rudy was the janitorial service picking up what was left of that block
with the little pieces of human remains...

Rudy is just another American reminding us of 911 because he was there.
I went to NY ground zero shortly after and couldn't imagine being there
during the caos... braging about 911 to get elected? hell yeah! as a
manager in my previous company, I was trained to hire engineers based
on their previous experiences, otherwise you end up hiring a bunch of
dudes with very good intentions because they say they could all save the world...
that's blah blah blah... you hire (elect) the dude with experience, not what
he/she claims is able to do like most candidates on the left ... people have
to be hired based on experiences...

here we go... :-)
Beercap :neutral:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9436/twins1zv7.gif[/img][/url][url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9751/opusfinalgf2.gif[/img][/url]

digi

Post by digi » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:16 am

rnbcbr1000 wrote:
dz wrote:Here, let me help you out with Rudy's next speech incase you miss it.

Thanks,
At least someone in this country remembers what happened on that day! After reading some of your previous posts, DZ, I understand your response. You obviously have no real concept of what is going on in this world and allow Hollywood extremists and the media to sway your decisions. We need someone like Julianne as President, someone who will stand up and fight for this country and its people.

I don't know your background but for a member of this country to make a mockery of what happened on that day and feel as you do, I hope you are not serious. To not stand behind the decisions made by our leaders and support our troops in the fight is a definite shame. You need to subject your pussy self to a day in the life a service member and I bet your opinions will change. I feel sorry for individuals like yourself, ones who cannot think for themselves and must allow society to take care of them and make all decisions for them. Go ahead and vote Hillary into office and lets just see what city is attacked next. I was a member of the Armed Forces during the Clinton and Bush administrations and I definately choose the later. Bill was a piece of shit both personally and professionally and his wife Hillary is just the same but shorter.

Typical of a Democrat, faced with advercity, fold like a taco. Absolutely no backbone to do what is right, but will change view point to make themselves more appealing to general public depending upon current circumstances.
I laughed at DZ's post. I disagree with yours. To question authority, leadership and government decisions is the most American thing you can do. I question the fact that our troops are in Iraq. I supported the decision to go... because the media were showing things like "possible WMD sites" and trucks "that contain nerve gas". Also, they played up Saddam's history with the Kurds. He fought to win, and that meant using nerve agents. We would do the same.

In the end, the most we had on Saddam (at least publically) was the fact that he supported the families of suicide bombers. He was no more affiliated with 9/11 then you. We used 9/11 as an excuse. We saw our opportunity to grab OPEC by the balls, and we took it. If we were really serious about combating the terrorism behind 9/11, we would address Saudi Arabia. We addressed Afghanistan, but let it go back to shit.

Iraq had nothing major to do with either, and if it did, it's not public.

Rudy's position is frightening. As one who deals in crisis management, and stressful situations as a whole, I can see the value of playing up a role in 9/11. I would not use that as my entire campaign. He is. It's tacky, and it opens himself up... there were lots of things done wrong with the handling of 9/11, and if you looked closely enough, he would probably be in the center of most of it. On one hand, you can say that some people learn from the mistakes, and that experience is priceless... but is he one of those people?

Personally, NYC is a great place to visit. I would not want to NYC replicated to the entire country.

Now, to address your position. I'm not a Hilliary supporter... she is just as bad as Rudy, but I will make this point: We are at the same risk of being attacked no matter WHO is elected. SAME RISK LEVEL. Let that one soak in a bit. What will affect the risk level is our foreign policy. These people will change nothing measurable with our foreign policy. We are stuck.

So, accept it. We are no more secure then we were pre-9/11. We have simply given up rights. There is nothing to stop you from blowing up a plane, or bombing a building. Go right ahead. Nothing can stop a determined attacker. I analyze security threats for a living, but if you won't take my extensive security experience for the word, you can simply start reading. You will eventually come to the same conclusion.

I will say it again: nothing will stop a determined attacker.

This is reality. It's not meant to frighten, but rather pointed out as a simple truth. YOUR position is fear mongering.

I don't like fear mongering. Everything is just composed of levels of risk. It's a non-emotional type of thing.

I'm not playing down 9/11 either... its a tragic thing. Get over it, and learn from it. We haven't done that as a country yet. Instead, politicians have used it as Carte Blanch to get their way. If you wanted to really reduce the risk, you could start with the cause of 9/11 which is our foreign policy.

Remember: they had the intelligence before the attack. What was done with it? Remember: they knew something was coming. They portrayed our intelligence community in a negative light, when it was already very effective. Who sat on the intel? Ask these questions. It's your American duty.

BTW, since you are a veteran, and will throw this back at me: I support the troops 110%, which is why I ask questions. Troops don't get the luxury of asking these questions; their job is duty. I DO get the luxury of asking these questions, and I have strong feelings about my friends who are in Iraq right now, being shot at, and killed. If they are to die, then it should be for the right reasons, and not a lie.

If you cannot see the difference, then you are blind.
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

matadorCE

Post by matadorCE » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:05 am

Maybe i'm taking crazy pills, but i seem to remember someone named Bush was president on 9/11/01 and not Bill Clinton. If i also remember correctly, this Bush person had been in office since 2000.

So how is it Clinton's fault again? I'm not a supporter of either since i know both donkeys and elephants couldn't give a crap about me.

and just one more question, why is there still a huge hole in NYC more than SIX years after the event?

I know this the internet after all, but i honestly don't get the blind hatred/support either way.
Last edited by matadorCE on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dz

Post by dz » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:15 am

rnbcbr1000 wrote:At least someone in this country remembers what happened on that day! After reading some of your previous posts, DZ, I understand your response. You obviously have no real concept of what is going on in this world and allow Hollywood extremists and the media to sway your decisions. We need someone like Julianne as President, someone who will stand up and fight for this country and its people.

At first I thought this was a joke post. Then I realized you were serious and felt very sad.
You obviously have no real concept of what is going on in this world and allow Hollywood extremists and the media to sway your decisions.
The irony in this line is just mind blowing.

You're the one that's blindly following a former mayor when all the people that he "supported" during that day have said that he didn't do anything. How many firefighters, police officers and service people from the WTC site have to speak against him for you to realize that he's not all he's jacked up to be?

I completely, 100% agree with you that it's disrespectful, rude, ignorant and plain old fucked up to make a mockery of 911. The agony those people faced that day.. imagine being in that tower on the top floor knowing there is no way down. Imagine looking out that window and coming to the decision that you can either stay and burn to death, or .. Imagine having to call your family.

Imagine having to walk up the stairs to that building to save people. Imagine walking up those stairs while everyone else is running down, fully knowing that the towers could collapse at any second. Imagine hearing the crunch of the beams. Imagine wishing you could call your family.

Imagine someone focusing their entire campaign to make themself the hero of that day. Imagine someone making a fucking mockery of the day by using it to their advantage. Rudy holding a ceremony where the entrance fee is $9.11? Rudy referring to 911 in every single fucking speech he makes? Rudy acting like he's the hero of the day when firefighters, policemen and service people from all over discredit him constantly. Maybe it's you that should stop blindly listening to someone and question things.

That's what it means to be American. We aren't given this citizenship just to say 'ok cool, thanks'. We're given it with duties to uphold the Constitution and question everything. You are absolutely right in that I don't blindly stand behind the decisions made by these so called leaders. The decisions made by these leaders have ruined the economy of this country and made us the laughing stock of the world.

The United States once stood for truth, justice and reason. We once were a nation where human rights were held high and steadfast. Now we're a nation full of torture and spying. When an entire world told us not to go into war, we did and look where we are now. All because people blindly listened to the politicians and didnt question.

I'm not about to question your background. We all decide our own fates and paths in life. You chose to serve your country by being a service member and I respect that. I chose not to. To call me a pussy for that decision is quite the show of character.

I dont like Hillary at all. In fact, I think she would be just as bad as this current administration is. At least when Hillary speaks, though, she can talk about much more then 911. Say what you want about Bill, but the man held the country up. While he was in office, the economy was booming and other countries respected us. Granted lots of that was pure timing and luck that he was the president during the tech boom, but he did a good job of keeping things going. We decided to impeach him because he got head in the oval office. Proof is now coming out about this current president starting an illegal domestic spying program. Proof has come out about this current president lying to the American people. At least he didn't get head in the oval office though, huh. What a horrible man that would be.. .. .

The world is a dangerous place. I also "feel sorry for individuals [...], ones who cannot think for themselves and must allow society to take care of them and make all decisions for them." You see, unlike those individuals, I am not willing to give up my rights for 'safety'. That's why I question AT&T's partnership with the government in domestic spying. That's why I question all these new 'terror' rules and laws and acts. I would much rather be free.

The way this country is heading, I am sure that in time I will move elsewhere. Right now I'm content to stay here and ride out the wave to see what the next administration is like. I still believe in the ideals and beliefs this country was founded on and I can only hope that whoever is up next feels the same way.

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:47 pm

This thread is a perfect example of what makes America great... the ability to have an opinion... and your ability to speak with passion your beliefs, whether they are fully formed and based on fact or not. That really doesn't matter.

Just easy on the mud slinging, or Jim will come in and delete your posts :grin:

I'm not going to jump into this blender, but I do have one thing to say... Our country is involved across the world in just about everything. The world can be thought of as a giant chess board, and we're moving our peices into place for the end game, whatever that might be... us actually ruling more of the world, etc...

What I completely and totally disagree with is the method of how those chess peices are moved into place. If we are positioning ourselves to be the dominant ruling country of all the world, that's totally kick ass. Just let me know where I can go pick up my stormtrooper helmet. Don't lie and tell me it's a moon, when it's clearly a space station. I'm a big boy, I can handle it.

Regarding the "War for preventing the Russians from connecting their oil pipeline in Afghanistan", and the "War to obtain a vote in OPEC", we just need to stop beating around the bush and stop lying to the American people. The Germans didn't have a problem expanding their territory and they all felt they were in line to rule the world... heck, most Americans feel that way now, let's just do it and get it over with, so the Chinese can come in and get their turn...
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

Super Dave

Post by Super Dave » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Dang, if i felt that way i would defect now and avoid the june rush :-)

beercap

Post by beercap » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:56 pm

hee hee hee ... I love messing with Dems :-)
write them a couple of liners, and they scream out 100...
jus messing with ya' :grin:

man, keep your posts a little shorter so I can read them at work,
haven't read the replies yet, too long... maybe later at home

back to a subject we can agree on, bikes baby!

Peace :neutral:
Beercap

digi

Post by digi » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:42 pm

I don't think its a "Dems" thing.

I know I'm certainly not a Democrat. See, most people spend more time arguing on party instead of the issues.

I give exactly two dumps on what party you are if you can do the job.

dz

Post by dz » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:45 pm

Ya pretty much same here. I dont care what "party" someone is for. I look at what their stand is on certain issues.