MARCH 22 Track day

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
CrazyKuban
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

MARCH 22 Track day

Post by CrazyKuban » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:37 pm

OK kind of early for this, but who's planing in going down to TWS for March 22?. I'm planing in heading that direction Friday morning to setup camp there.
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

CrazyKuban

Post by CrazyKuban » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:23 pm

Anybody gonna make it to TWS on Saturday?

Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Not I said the fly!!!
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

CrazyKuban

Post by CrazyKuban » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:53 am

Well, I start by saying that we had a beautiful day at TWS. Sun was shinning and temps got to high 70's. I sing up for level 4, but ended up instructing level 1 and some parts of level 2. If anyone here hasn't instructed I can tell you that it is the most rewarding experience you will ever have. My students were great and nobody from my group went down, and by the end of the day I had one guy that went from level one to level two just by overcoming some fears.

The track was sort of "wet" in the morning and it was kind of foggy, but by the third session out it was right on game. If anybody hasn't been down to TWS I highly suggest that you should go check it out. I had brand new M1's on my bike with less than 25 miles on and I did not loss grip one single time. I think for someone that wants to go really fast and be safe, TWS is the right place for you.

Bottom line is that is worth the drive down there to experience that track. Novice or Expert thats the place to see you got and got your bike has too. :smile:

Bird

Post by Bird » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:09 am

Glad that you enjoyed yourself, Ever. Maybe I need to bring the Bird down there and let you instruct me. :D
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:08 am

:grin: Let me start by saying, "Right on Bro!!!"...
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the trip and congrats on getting to instruct! I have not done it in this aspect but I have done instructing for other things, and I thoroughly agree on the rewarding feeling you get from it!!! Thanks for doing a great job representing the club. I look forward to one day getting to where you are and maybe we can both be instructors to help bring others up through the ranks.
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Awesome man, glad to hear you not only had a good time but stepped up to do some instructing!
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

CrazyKuban

Post by CrazyKuban » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:52 pm

Mike, I love sarcasm. I don't think I can teach an old dog new tricks. :smile:
I do have to say in a more serious note, that instructing was a bit intimidating before I arrived at the track. It was my first time at TWS and I knew nobody except from some RS guys. Thankfully I had great students that were ready to learn and improve some things. Dave Wonders was also great showing his support and also appreciating the help. Teaching also "forced" me to follow the race lines better so after all I think I learned as much as the students the proper way around the track.

Bird

Post by Bird » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:25 pm

We can all learn from each other ... if nothing else, how NOT to take a corner. :-) As quickly as you've improved, I'm sure that even THIS old dog could learn a few tricks when you're up to it.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.