Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

July 19th - Eagles Canyon Trackday Give Away

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:58 am

Answer 3 questions and enter a chance to win a free trackday/school with Ride Smart.

This is non transfereable so if you win and find out you can't make it let us know asap so that a second winner can be drawn. Drawing will be held 8:00 Saturday, July 5th.

1) What do you fear about running a new track like Eagles Canyon?

2) What do you look forward to the most about running a new track like Eagles Canyon?

3) If you've never been to a track day, what is is that is preventing you from going? If you have been, what is it that draws you back and keeps you going?
Last edited by DarcShadow on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

CrazyKuban
Achievement count: 0

Re: July 19th - Eagles Canyon Trackday Give Away

Post by CrazyKuban » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:24 am

DarcShadow wrote:Answer 3 questions and enter a chance to win a free trackday/school with Ride Smart.

This is non transfereable so if you win and find out you can't make it let us know asap so that a second winner can be drawn. Drawing will be held 8:00 Saturday, July 5th.

All the UNKNOWNS.

2) What do you look forward to the most about running a new track like Eagles Canyon?
Learning all the UNKNOWNS and see if all what people talk about is real.

3) If you've never been to a track day, what is is that is preventing you from going? If you have been, what is it that draws you back and keeps you going?
Not having to worry about been run over by a friendly Texan in a dully truck.
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:29 am

Fear? Please, I have no fear! Ha! Seriously though, the only real concern I have is other riders inexperence on the track.

The newnest and the challenge of finding the best line for the turns.

The joy of riding to my limit and seeing just how far I can push myself and my bike.

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Getting confused about what corner I'm at or what line I should be taking, especially on one of the many double apex corners where running the wrong line on one can really screw you for the 2nd.

The challenge of learning something new, and seeing the improvement in corner speeds as I get to know the track better and increase my confidence.

I like being able to push myself and my machine, and ride it the way it was intended, without having to worry about other cars on the road, dirt or water, speeding tickets, etc. Plus, it's just nice to be able to hang out there between sessions with our group.
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

Blinker

Post by Blinker » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:57 pm

sneaky corners all the other unknowns

Nice fresh track that hasn't been beat down to much by the cages

Only been once, and the reason I'm going back is it was just to much fun to ride without all the added distractions of street riding and really work on specific issues.
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

ZERO-CENTS

Post by ZERO-CENTS » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:00 am

1) I can't say I fear the new track but I definitely will take time to learn it before opening up on it (I hear those blind turns and elevation changes can be tricky). I hope the surface is ready for the bikes and that my suspension set up at Eagles Canyon is a good on for my bike on this track.

2) I look forward to learning how to turn efficiently at speed in those double apex turns, this is a weak spot for me right now. I am looking forward to the challenge of not knowing what to expect.

3) The people keep me coming back, I have never met a "jerk" at the track. Everyone there is there for the same thing: to have fun and get some experience under the belt. I also love riding my sport bike in its intended environment, I spend alot of money on my bike and I love that I get to get every penny out of it at the track. Riding on the street for me is a waste of my bike. My 2 cents tho.
Fear........Nothing.
www.hopechurch.com

1985 Honda Magna VF700C-sold
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S-sold
1993 Suzuki RF600RR-sold
2007 Suzuki GSX-R750- OOoola la la lala la!

ZX9R

Post by ZX9R » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:09 pm

DarcShadow wrote: 1) What do you fear about running a new track like Eagles Canyon? Turn 3, It is blind, blind you have to get on the brakes before you get to the top of the hill! Right that down! Ok Then remember that then.
2) What do you look forward to the most about running a new track like Eagles Canyon? Double apex turns the two long rights on the brakes at lean angle! Hell yea!!!
3) If you've never been to a track day, what is is that is preventing you from going? If you have been, what is it that draws you back and keeps you going? The thrill of the speed, no cops, no caged automobiles, friends helping you go faster and learning things at the track that could save your life! It has saved mine! I wish I could have started this when I was 5 years old!
Riding around aimlessly will get you no where!

2000 ZX-9R
2005 ZX-10R
2011 YZF-R1

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:21 pm

And the winner is...Blinker! Congrats Blinker.

If you can't make it, the runner up is CrazyKuban.

Blinker

Post by Blinker » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:21 am

I'm sooo there! Can't wait to get on the new track. I'm planning to go friday evening if it's allowable to setup and prep the bike, anyone else going friday evening?
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul