1957 vs 2006

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
GSXRRider
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 0

1957 vs 2006

Post by GSXRRider » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:34 am

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1957-Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2006 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 -Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006- Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1957- Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1957- Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2006 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mary turns up pregnant.

1957 - 5 High School Boys leave town. Mary does her senior year at a special school for expectant mothers.

2006 - Middle School Counselor calls Planned Parenthood, who notifies the ACLU. Mary is driven to the next state over and gets an abortion without her parent's consent or knowledge. Mary given condoms and told to be more careful next time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1957: Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006: Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1957 - Ants die.

2006 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.

rnbcbr1000

Post by rnbcbr1000 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:28 am

The sad part is that this is so true. :-o Just watch the evening news around here and you will see two thirds of these on a daily basis. What is wrong with this country? I fear it's only going to get worse.
[url=http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3qf8.jpg][img]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8339/picture3qf8.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason

If you're not riding on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

GSXRRider
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by GSXRRider » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:58 am

The school across the street from my house is 5-6th graders. There is a police department in the school. Ask yourself are the 5th and 6th graders in White Settlement Texas so bad ass that the presence of agents of the state, who are armed for the purpose of shooting citizens, is required?

My sons highschool is the same way. They have police whos job it is to monitor the students. That is it.

Maybe we live in a society of fear. (fear is what governments use to control people) Everyone seems to be afraid of everything. Most of these fears are unrealistic.

To make this a little more political. The republicans use the fear of terror to feed their machine and motivate the people while the Dems use the fear of the planet exploding due to environmental causes. Both by the way are out of human and government control.
That is where these fears come from.

That should get this rolling :-D

Bird Shooter

Post by Bird Shooter » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:37 am

Man, this stuff is deep. I just ride a motorcycle. :cool: I didn't know this kinda crap existed. I thought the worst things that happen is a low side just beside the apex.
[img]http://www.fwmr.net/images/rideleader/white1.gif[/img]
Jeff
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1897/avatr3nd5gu7fn3.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1995/bushflippingfingeranimapd2.gif[/img][/url]

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:04 am

Heh, that's a good post. It's pretty much entirely true. When I was a kid we played with potato guns and made bombs out of CO2 cartridges and gunpowder. The cop lived down the street from us came over one summer afternoon to check out the loud KERBLAM when we blew up one of the mini bombs. He saw what we were doing, and took away the CO2 cartridges. He came back a few minutes later with a box of M-60's, and told us to knock ourselves out. He knew boys would be boys, he just didn't want us to blow our fingers off in the process. Oh, and he wasn't a dick by telling my parents. :???:

I'd hate to imagine what would have happened if the cop came by in today's world. I'm sure there would be some bomb squad involvement, more than likely some jail time, probation, and who knows what the hell else.
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:07 am

That stuff is all very much real. I had police in my highschool too. Random bag and metal detector wand searches. And I remember getting in trouble for having midol in school.

Super Dave

Post by Super Dave » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:56 am

OK, i'm going back to 1957.....................anybody want to come along for the ride :-)

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:59 am

Screw 1957... so much more fun things to do in the year 500...
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

rnbcbr1000

Post by rnbcbr1000 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:05 pm

I blame the parents for the problems in today's schools. Far too many parents don't take responsibility for their children and expect the school systems to raise them but, when the children do something wrong then the parents don't want the school system to discipline their child. The school system is afraid of being sued and losing money so they let a lot of things slide or just call the cops to let someone else take the heat. Children aren't dumb and quickly learn that they can pretty much do what they want because there will be little to no repercussions.

When I was in grade school and high school, which wasn't that long ago, we never thought to do the things that kids are doing these days in school. Why? Because we knew what the consequences would be. Not only would you be punished at school but you could count on getting your ass beat when you faced your parents. Additionally, we respected our parents and viewed them as an authority figure and a role model. So when you messed up and disappointed them it actually meant something. Many kids these days look at their parents as more of friend than an authority figure and have no respect for them. I predict that this trend will only get worse in the future because kids today will have their own children some day and continue the chain.

To address the fear issue, it does have its place in society as long as it is not abused. For example: if our government didn't put fear into the hearts of the enemy, we could very well be speaking Russian or German right now instead of English. If parents don't instill some fear in thier children then they take assult rifles to school and shoot people, not because of a video game, but because they didn't fear the consequences. A certain amount of fear in a society is necessary or else you will lose total control of people. This is just my opinion on things.
[url=http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3qf8.jpg][img]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8339/picture3qf8.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason

If you're not riding on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Super Dave

Post by Super Dave » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:30 pm

cbr1000 i think nine out of ten people feel the same as you on the subject, it is just that these bleeding heart liberals in holloywood and in the government that tend to get there way have created a generation of spoiled disrespectful kids. ( please forgive me Terry as i must have lost my head :-) :-) :-) :-)

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:34 pm

Super Dave wrote:OK, i'm going back to 1957.....................anybody want to come along for the ride :-)
can I take my bike with me?
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

clay507

Post by clay507 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:35 pm

In 1957 YOU took responsibility for your actions...

In 2006 it was not your fault YOU pass the responsibility.

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:16 pm

SPAM, do not follow the link.

Bailout

Post by Bailout » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:08 am

Big differenc in parenting was said best by Carlos mencia

When i was growing up if i got in troubel at school the first thing out of my parents mouth was "what did you do?" now the first things the parents do is go to the school and ask "why are you singleing my kid out?"
When the buildings look like buildings..........Get something in the WIND ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!
2004 V-Rod 1250
2010 48" Gravity Longboard
1999 Old Man corvette Convertible