MotoGP - trip costs

Club bike nights and events other than rides here are here. Events usually posted on the calendar as well.
Bird
Achievement count: 0

MotoGP - trip costs

Post by Bird » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:57 am

I was trying to think of a good way of breaking it up with all the different combinations of who was driving, pulling, riding along, etc.

One idea that I came up with is that each vehicle (also gas bill) has a total of a certain number of points based on contents. For example, my vehicle would have 5 points. One each for me, Melissa and Joe ... one for my bike .... one for Ruben's bike.

Based on that, I would pay 2 points (me and my bike), Joe would pay 2 points to me (him & Melissa) plus one point to George for his bike. Ruben would pay 1 point to me for his bike.

For George's truck, he has a total of 8 points (5 bikes, 3 people). Each person riding pays a point for themselves and an additional point for the bike being hauled. Those riding in other vehicles pay one point for the bike being hauled.

Ruben/Ever - figure it out between yourselves, pay the point for bikes being hauled.

Robert/Robert - on their own, but Robert still pays the point for the bike being hauled.

Based on the above, that's $102/point on George's transport ... $70/point on mine. If anybody has a better way of figuring this out, post it up. It's time to pay off the credit card. :D
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Bird

Post by Bird » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:43 pm

Well, Guys, nobody has even said a single word about my overly anal formula! :-) OK, We're going to roll with it. Basically, everyone that went probably owe's SOMEBODY SOMETHING. I'll try to break it all down with $$$ going to Big George (G2) or myself. This is NOT legally binding as I may miss someone or a bike. You know if you went and if your spouse/bike did. :D

To Mike:
Joe - $140
Ruben - $70

To Big George (G2)
Joe - $102
Kegan - $204
Ever - $102
Roberto - $102
George - $204

See if you can round up the cash (look in your sock drawer ... we've been planning this trip for 9 months!) and bring it to Bike Night on Thursday. It may seem expensive, but for a trip like that and having your bike there, that cost is CHEAP! :-?
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:33 am

The above payouts have been approved as being acceptable and fair. Some have already paid :-D ... others are still due. :)) Please get the money together and paid to the appropriate person.
Mike