Moderate Ride Sunday May 17th

Ride Leaders, post rides
GRex
Achievement count: 0

Post by GRex » Sun May 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Great ride. Thanks Matt. :D

Of course it was a classic Matt ride - 3 patches of gravel, one turn around, lots of side streets in who knows where, and a moderate that stepped up to an intermediate after the first gas stop.

I'll be out of town for another week. Hope to be home lots more after this.
2009 Piaggio MP3 500
2010 White/Silver 14RR T-Rex
2005 Pearl White T-Rex (Sold)
IBA# 41997
Image Image

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Sun May 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Great ride, Matt. Nice selection of roads... we had a mix of freeways, US highways, state highways, windy FMs, tight CRs, unnamed dirt tracks, gravel patches, etc... everything you could want in a good ride and then some. Hope everyone else had a good time, too. G2, thanks for taking Vic for a spin in the T-Rex, she really enjoyed that bit. Shocker, sorry we missed you... I got your call when we were on the road heading out to Sonic, but for some reason my headset was acting up and I couldn't hear you. By the time we got there and I could call you back, I think you were already riding.

I think this is something along the lines of what we rode today... going from memory here, so it might be a bit off... especially the bits through those county roads.

Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

fireblade
Achievement count: 46

Post by fireblade » Mon May 18, 2009 7:27 am

rayray wrote:P.S. If that was moderate I'm gonna stay away from the others for a while!!! :D It was great though! :-o

LOL!! That was a moderate ride, like Darcshadow said, it was just the road.
Random stuff I say:
Women are like square roots, if they're under 17 you just have to do them in your head.

What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline plane, wrapped helicly around an axis?

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Mon May 18, 2009 7:54 am

Bird wrote:Sorry you missed it Neil! I missed it too as I was finishing up the Bitch. Got it all done and took a test ride to adjust the shifter height. While I was out, another rider told me that his wife heard that 4 riders went down around noon in Sommerville county. One was Care Flighted out. Sure hope it wasn't our guys!
Found a thread on TWTex about several riders going down, including a care-flight, but this happened farther south, near Waco, and at around 430PM.
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

chrusan

Post by chrusan » Mon May 18, 2009 8:45 am

It was nice meeting the few of you guys that I had time to the morning of your ride. My wife sent me out for her morning cup of coffee and I saw you guys in the parking lot of Sonic and couldn't help myself but stop in and say hello. I was the guy in the red Chevy pickup. I've been looking for a group to ride with so I'm going to try to hook up with y'all on the next run. Glad to hear that everyone made it home safe and sound.
Chris

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.

-Elbert Hubbard

2008 Kawasaki Concours 14

CrazyKuban
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider

Post by CrazyKuban » Mon May 18, 2009 9:06 am

Welcome chrusan, hope you can join us next time.
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

WillK675
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Mon May 18, 2009 10:07 am

That was a good ride, and I had a blast. Thanks for leading Darc Shadow!
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

Shocker

Post by Shocker » Mon May 18, 2009 11:39 pm

sckego wrote:Shocker, sorry we missed you... I got your call when we were on the road heading out to Sonic, but for some reason my headset was acting up and I couldn't hear you. By the time we got there and I could call you back, I think you were already riding.
It's np, i really needed to wake up earlier, my alarms just didn't suffice this time =P Although I think I would have made it had I not gotten myself turned around... owell. I'll definitely make the next ride cuz now I know exactly how to get there.
DarcShadow wrote:Sorry we missed you Neil. Had I realized it was you I would of slowed up but I just thought you were another lone rider. We turned off on Camp Bowie, exit just past 30.
Yeah I almost decided to break off on the 30 exit just b/c that's the direction we headed on our previous ride. Guess it was a good thing I didn't because that would have just been a wild goose chase and I probably would have managed to get myself lost yet again. I may have had a chance at catching you guys if I didn't catch both red lights on the turn around. What can I say? You win some you lose some.
- Neil
First Bike - 2004 Yamaha Yzf-R6
Current bike - 2007 Yamaha Yzf-R1
---------------------
Achievements:
Ridesmart Lvl 1 - Smoothest Rider 8-)

GRex

Post by GRex » Tue May 19, 2009 7:37 am

Shocker wrote: if I didn't catch both red lights on the turn around. What can I say? You win some you lose some.
When you know the area a little better, you will find that you can turn around at Clifford with no lights. :D You must have taken the White Settlement exit.
2009 Piaggio MP3 500
2010 White/Silver 14RR T-Rex
2005 Pearl White T-Rex (Sold)
IBA# 41997
Image Image