Quasi-Official FWMR Trackday, Oct 25th at ECR

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
fireblade
Achievement count: 46

Post by fireblade » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:35 pm

count me in!
Random stuff I say:
Women are like square roots, if they're under 17 you just have to do them in your head.

What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline plane, wrapped helicly around an axis?

Bird
Achievement count: 0

Post by Bird » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:35 am

I'm signing up for L2 today.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:56 am

put me down, I'm signing up today.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

WillK675
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:08 am

Ok, I'm on the fence now. I really want to but I don't know if I'll be able to. :-o

Hopefully, I'll have a better idea whether or not I'll make it by the end of the week, and can get signed up.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:09 pm

Sorry guys forgot to post up: email with the list of names of all interested in participating has been sent. Like I said before just purchase gift certificates totaling $110 and the rest will be taken care of.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:17 pm

Don't forget to put what level you want to register for in the comments.

sevorg

Post by sevorg » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:57 pm

so I got a question about this whole ride smart thing. If you register for a higher class, can you ride in a lower if you wish. For example I am trying to convince my buddy to come down to the track day, however he is an experienced track guy and will probably sign up for a higher group. Can he ride in both a higher and lower group? If so will they make him pay twice. What about the level 4?... Do you actually have to have a "race license" or will they let you out there if you are brave enough and prove your skill. Once again, I am asking on behalf of my buddy. This is not for me at all, I have never been on the tack before, so I'm not thinking I'm gonna jump up to 2nd grade when I can't read in kindergarden.

Also how many session do you get? I overheard someone say they are 20 minutes long.

Put me on the maybe list. I plan on going, but just dont have all my sht together yet. I don't have my own gear, but plan I buying my own this week. I will let you know If I dont buy any and will need to get rentals.
Tyler
2006 CBR 1000RR-STOLEN!!!
2007 Ford F150 Super Crew
sckego wrote:Oh, god, as if there aren't enough of you guys already. .... and now another one? Gonna have to change this to FWCBRR...
HEHE I like the sound of that!

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:01 pm

Do you mean like your buddy wants to ride in L4 for most of the day, and maybe come down to L1 to ride with you for one session? Or does he want to do all the sessions for each level? I know the former is OK, since Matt has done that with us before... he just told the track marshal that he was skipping his last L4 session to ride with his friends. If he wants to go out for multiple levels throughout the day, probably have to register twice.

At some point RideSmart was talking about requiring riders to take L3 before moving up to L4, but I'm not sure if that's being enforced yet. I'd call Dave to check with him on that one.

You normally get about 7 sessions during a normal day. Sessions are 20 minutes long, rotating through three levels, so about an hour for each rotation. Riding starts at 9 and ends at 5, with an hour break for lunch. Sometimes RS will purchase an extra hour and extend the track time to 6, giving everybody one extra session (unlikely this late in the year, as it will be getting dark already), and a large number of accidents that result in red-flags might reduce the number of sessions.
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

sevorg

Post by sevorg » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:31 pm

prob like do level 4 for most of the day, then drop down so he can ride with me :-D thanks for the info
Tyler
2006 CBR 1000RR-STOLEN!!!
2007 Ford F150 Super Crew
sckego wrote:Oh, god, as if there aren't enough of you guys already. .... and now another one? Gonna have to change this to FWCBRR...
HEHE I like the sound of that!

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:05 am

OK, I need something to get away from all this BS that is stressing me out. So I'm putting off the stuff that was going to possibly prevent me from making the trackday, and I'm signing up for L2 today.

Does anyone have a spot on a trailer that my bike can occupy to and from the track?
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

mattjmartin

Post by mattjmartin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:09 am

sckego wrote:At some point RideSmart was talking about requiring riders to take L3 before moving up to L4, but I'm not sure if that's being enforced yet L4, but I'm not sure if that's being enforced yet I'd call Dave to check with him on that one.
They moved me to level four without having taken three. I had instructor support, but I have no doubt they will accommodate him.
- Matt
- 2004 FZ6
"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."

fireblade

Post by fireblade » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:45 am

Anyone got a trailer that they are not using? One that can hold more that one bike? I can tow a few bikes to the track the night before if we want to organize somthing.
Random stuff I say:
Women are like square roots, if they're under 17 you just have to do them in your head.

What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline plane, wrapped helicly around an axis?

mattjmartin

Post by mattjmartin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:52 am

Sorry guys, I will be coming from MSRC the night before, so I can't help anyone out with transportation this time around.

I saw a trailer this weekend at TWS that had 7 bikes on it...
- Matt
- 2004 FZ6

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor
Achievement count: 42

trailering

Post by shilka99 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:03 pm

I can fit 2 bikes and gear in my trailer with plenty of room to spare. (I carry my bike in the truck)

Or if someone wants to borrow the trailer that would be fine too.

Pm me so we can work out the details.

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Is anyone planning on dropping the bikes off the night before? I don't know how secure ECR is compared to MSRC.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:13 pm

I believe they have a gate, at least they use to. You could crawl over or under it pretty easily but you can't drive or ride through it.

fireblade

Post by fireblade » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:52 pm

I plan on heading out the night before and camping out and preping my bike so if anyone wants to drop your bike off there with me, it should be safe.
Random stuff I say:

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:24 pm

fireblade wrote:I plan on heading out the night before and camping out and preping my bike so if anyone wants to drop your bike off there with me, it should be safe.
I won't be camping out, but I do want to drop off the bike.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Dufremle wrote:
fireblade wrote:I plan on heading out the night before and camping out and preping my bike so if anyone wants to drop your bike off there with me, it should be safe.
I won't be camping out, but I do want to drop off the bike.
If either of you have a trailer spot for my bike, I'll bring my camping gear and camp out myself.

If that works out, I'm willing to carry the club ez-up out there, and get us some paddock space designated. I'd bring my ez-up, but the wind got to it, collapsed it, and broke it the last time I was at ECR.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:24 pm

I'll be prepping the bike on Saturday and going out on Sunday with plenty of room for the club EZ-Up in my truck bed along with the club cooler with ice in it. If someone lives south and wants to load their bike in the back of the truck on Saturday, I'll haul it up there. Be forewarned about the back of my truck ... it's WAY off the ground and will require at least me and someone else that's comfortable loading it to get it done. I don't have an extra wheel chock, so you'll have to supply that, too. I have an extra set of tie downs and Canyon Dancer for the second bike, so all that's needed is something to hold the front wheel in place (check with Rubber ... he built one for the trip to Indy that I think he still has).
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Club EZ Up is at my house if anyone is ever in the area.

mattjmartin

Post by mattjmartin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:27 pm

I will be heading straight there from MSRC saturday night, so I will be there to watch people's bikes for them as well. I also have a rather large easy up, if anyone wants to get together and make one large one. Mine can be up to 23'x12', but it is really only sturdy with another one to bungee it too.

I can also bring a tire changer and balancer if anyone needs some tires mounted saturday night, plus I will have plenty of tools and such for use.
- Matt
- 2004 FZ6

fireblade

Post by fireblade » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:49 am

I'll swing by your house Blizz and pick up the club eazy up some time this weekend.

Matt, what time do you plan on getting to eagles canyon, we can get us a really big spot for all the people and bikes.
Random stuff I say:

mattjmartin

Post by mattjmartin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Assuming I get out of MSR by 6:30, I'll be out there by 8:30. I'm probably going to change a set of tires saturday night, so hopefully I get out there early. Hopefully there won't be any repairs to make to the bike! :-)
- Matt
- 2004 FZ6

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:00 pm

fireblade, you got a spare trailer spot for heading up there Saturday night?
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200