Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Saturday, August 29 - MSRC 1.7

Post by sckego » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:59 pm

I'm going to be out there on the two-fiddy. Anyone else?
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:21 am

The 250 ya'll took on the weekend trip? The one whoze tires are worn out - well I guess they are worn out in the middle, and on the track your going to wear out the sides huh.
-
I'll second a ride that winds up at the track about 11:30. It'd be a nice Sunday ride, weather is supposed to be mild (for August) that day too.
-
Yea, thanks ScKego - that's a great idea. A nice early Sunday morning ride with me earning another check-off on my RL-Training with a visit to the track as an ending destination.
Maybe they will let us out there for some exhibition laps around the lunch break.
-
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:34 am

You need to check your calendar, the 29th is a Saturday. :))
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

U-Turn

Post by U-Turn » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:56 am

KC817 wrote:The 250 ya'll took on the weekend trip? The one whoze tires are worn out - well I guess they are worn out in the middle, and on the track your going to wear out the sides huh.
-
I'll second a ride that winds up at the track about 11:30. It'd be a nice Sunday ride, weather is supposed to be mild (for August) that day too.
-
Yea, thanks ScKego - that's a great idea. A nice early Sunday morning ride with me earning another check-off on my RL-Training with a visit to the track as an ending destination.
Maybe they will let us out there for some exhibition laps around the lunch break.
-
-
Have Sunday on my mind. All the days seem to run together.
Saturday now, that's a different day.
We'll just hafta wait an see where this takes us.
-
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

WillK675
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:31 am

I want to do cresson on Saturday, but all my money this month is gone into a speeding ticket dismissal, and getting the car fixed. :-o

But I'm down for a morning ride that ends at the track.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

U-Turn

Post by U-Turn » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:49 am

WillK675 wrote:I want to do cresson on Saturday, but all my money this month is gone into a speeding ticket dismissal, and getting the car fixed. :-o

But I'm down for a morning ride that ends at the track.
-
OK now, Speeding Ticket dismissal / Car Fixed.
Hmmm...
Was that you on the news, speeding away from the officers, jumping curbs - flying out of ditches, etc... ?
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:31 am

Nope, not me. Just a normal speeding ticket dismissal. And the A/C is out on the car.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

U-Turn

Post by U-Turn » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 am

My Lancia had the 2/80 AC system in it.
I bet your car probably has the 2/50 system.
-
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:27 pm

I dunno, I just know that one of the hoses is cut. So I need to replace it, and the drier.

So now that we have officially... :icon_threadjacked:

How about some... :icon_ontopic:

Cresson Saturday?
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200

angryscientist
Achievement count: 0

Post by angryscientist » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:05 am

Heh, 2/50 or 2/80 refers to two windows, and 50 or 80 mph. In other words, driving with your windows down because your A/C is busted.

Of course by having to explain it, the joke is completely ruined.
WillK675 wrote:I dunno, I just know that one of the hoses is cut. So I need to replace it, and the drier.

So now that we have officially... :icon_threadjacked:

How about some... :icon_ontopic:

Cresson Saturday?
No it aint my birthday, but I got my name on the cake.

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:41 am

Yeah, never even crossed my mind. I immediately thought of freon. And I don't know what the damn numbers/names on freon is these days.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200

Meat of Snail
Achievement count: 0

Post by Meat of Snail » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:56 am

yea, that is pretty funny stuff

when I was doing some work for RPDE, a lot of people would joke (I hope they were joking) and ask if these cars had A/C....

we did not have 2/50...

we didn't even have 2/80....

we answered "we have 2/100 A/C", they would then look at us dumbfounded and we would have to continue, "Two windows at 100 mph"

we were running 165mph on the track, but 2/100 was catchier and gets the point out to most people (those that are not familiar with what 100 mph feels like) hehehe
Meat of Snail ==> AKA: Snail Meat
Bike: ZX-10R 2007 Special Edition
IBA# 41998

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Analysis cross-post from TWTex...

Weather was awesome. Track was pretty nice and sticky. The new curriculum with the charts and discussion was great, I thought. Really good in-depth discussion as to the different lines available through a corner and what situations might dictate using a certain line.

As for me, I had my very first quasi-negative experience at a trackday. Not due to anything RS or anyone else could have helped, just plain old bad luck. I showed up on the EX250 (Guy Jones' old bike), staked out a spot under the covered paddock, and got to prepping the bike.

The round robin went smoothly, and the first session was pretty good. I definitely get passed alot more on the 250 then I do on the VFR, and passing others is MUCH more of a challenge. Even getting a good drive on someone else out of a corner doesn't do much, since they can just make up any difference in speed within the first couple of dozen yards down the straight. I was frequently going way off-line through corners to try and get around people on the outside, which might have something to do with what happened about fifteen minutes into session 2...

I was tearing around, having a blast, when I noticed a slight wobble under braking into Little Bend. My first thought was that it was just some bump that I hadn't noticed before, and tipped into the corner. As I approached the apex I noticed the bike starting to act really loose and wallowing around... passed the apex off the throttle, threw up a hand, and scrubbed off speed down the short straight, and pulled off to the corner station just there on the left. I hung out with the cornerworker till the session ended them putt-putted back around to the pits. Here's what my rear tire looked like:

At first it was assumed to be some sort of giant nail, but some exploratory excavation with the help of some kind soul from Denton who's name completely escapes me at the moment revealed it to be a bit more...

Numerous four-letter words followed by exclamation points were uttered by all who saw the 3" long piece of aluminum that somehow managed to wedge itself completely inside my rear tire. Needless to say, there was no hope of plugging the giant gaping hole, and the tire vendor didn't have any tires in the 16" size that the Ninja takes, so my day was done. Paul was kind enough to let me take his supermotard out for one session, which was one heck of an experience in itself (man, that was freakin' weird!), much thanks to him for that. Anyways, a buddy (THANKS JIM!!!) came by with his truck to give me a lift* home a bit later, and that was that. A very fun day while it lasted. Thanks again to Dave, RS, and everyone else for another great time at MSRC...

*This was after I asked Vic to borrow a friend's pickup (THANKS BLIZZ AND GEORGE!!!) to come and get me, which died on her in the middle of the freeway due to some unknown electrical fault and ended up with her waiting a few hours for a tow. Just not our day...
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:31 am

Yeah, Murphy was working over-time with you and Vic yesterday. Glad you both made it home safe.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200