Car & Bike drive/ride - July 24th

Ride Leaders, post rides
Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Re: Car & Bike drive/ride - July 24th

Post by Striple » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 am

dufremle wrote:Turned into an advanced ride, especially down 1238.
:plus1: :))
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

WillK675
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:07 am

Firewa11 wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote: I'll let people sit on my bike etc, but no one, touches the machine of power, no one.
rm -rf /
He's on a little windows machine, it doesn't understand this language. :)) Now a mac, understands this language nicely, and knows better.

Glad you all had a fund drive/ride!
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:11 am

fixxervi6 wrote:SELECT * FROM machines WHERE badass='mac'

results 0

SELECT * FROM machines WHERE lame='mac'

(crash from infinite returned values)
Funny how many IT people run Windows on MacBook Pros because they like the hardware. :)

Nothing wrong with the machines, although why you'd run an inferior OS on Mac hardware I'll never understand.

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Post by dufremle » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:18 am

Dave wrote:Honestly I'm glad I skipped this one. I was pretty beat up from the move, and I would have been on the Versys. There's no way I could keep up at an advanced pace, and I wouldn't have been dressed for it either.
Had there been more people the ride would have been different. I was expecting 5 or 6 bikes to show. It only turned into an advanced ride because of the few people who did show. And advanced rides don't necessarily mean balls out the entire time. They are more ride what you are comfortable with, we just don't don't keep an eye on everyone like a normal ride. We just wait for everyone to catch up at the next turn. You would have been fine.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Dave wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote:SELECT * FROM machines WHERE badass='mac'

results 0

SELECT * FROM machines WHERE lame='mac'

(crash from infinite returned values)
Funny how many IT people run Windows on MacBook Pros because they like the hardware. :)

Nothing wrong with the machines, although why you'd run an inferior OS on Mac hardware I'll never understand.
I don't know of any, its the exact same hardware, come by my office and I'll show you an HP running Mac OS.

They are running some flavor of linux on the underside, like BSD or something so for that I can tip my hat, I CAN get to a bash shell on a mac so they have improved, and it runs on standard Intel processors, the only thing fancy is the artsy layout and the pricetag, cha ching!
K1600

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:16 pm

WillK675 wrote:
Firewa11 wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote: I'll let people sit on my bike etc, but no one, touches the machine of power, no one.
rm -rf /
He's on a little windows machine, it doesn't understand this language. :)) Now a mac, understands this language nicely, and knows better.

Glad you all had a fund drive/ride!
Bash shell actually works quite well on windows machines :D
K1600

El Diabro
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Striple wrote:
dufremle wrote:Turned into an advanced ride, especially down 1238.
:plus1: :))
Oh yeah...ka-chow!!!
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

El Diabro
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:30 pm

dufremle wrote:
Dave wrote:Honestly I'm glad I skipped this one. I was pretty beat up from the move, and I would have been on the Versys. There's no way I could keep up at an advanced pace, and I wouldn't have been dressed for it either.
Had there been more people the ride would have been different. I was expecting 5 or 6 bikes to show. It only turned into an advanced ride because of the few people who did show. And advanced rides don't necessarily mean balls out the entire time. They are more ride what you are comfortable with, we just don't don't keep an eye on everyone like a normal ride. We just wait for everyone to catch up at the next turn. You would have been fine.
Yeah, if i can ever remember how to get down that way (I only have a hand written gps) then I would totally do that route! Maybe if I did it more, that sherrif's car that's parked in his yard won't keep taking me by surprise :???:
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*