Has anyone used Throttlemeister

Rhino
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Re: Has anyone used Throttlemeister

Post by Rhino » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:29 pm

DemonDuck wrote:I do have to say the youth do have it alot easier.... but on the driving from the back seat thing... Well I dont want that at all. I want to sit in the back seat and say ..."car take me home" and the car does it. Get an extra hour going to work then and extra hour on the way home.
Or on the ZX14, 20 minutes. :D

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:31 pm

ROFL true the ride isnt as long usually but it would also be nice to not worry about if the things that go with makeing a hour trip 20 minutes. :))
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

terry2

Post by terry2 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:14 pm

i have used a thottlemeister for years. it takes a couples of tries to set it so it works properly. when i was young and broke i would use a match book. a lot cheaper but doesnt work well in the rain.

Bailout
Achievement count: 0

Post by Bailout » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:31 pm

over ten iron butt rides in the last 8 years and not one single hand cramp.....i do have a mechanical lock on the Harley and an electronic cruise control I added last year before the run to LA. electronic is the way to go........when you hit those long stretches oh Desert road the no hands lean back is a welcome friend!
When the buildings look like buildings..........Get something in the WIND ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!
2004 V-Rod 1250
2010 48" Gravity Longboard
1999 Old Man corvette Convertible

Lewi1913

Post by Lewi1913 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:27 pm

When I was new to riding I used "Cramp Buster" on a long ride. Its a lever that goes around the throttle, to rest your wrist on.

I chose to not take it off once I got to my destination, and then did some back roads and it contributed to my crash. The lever got in the way of me reaching to the brake, and then my wrist pushed down on it, revving the engine high, then I ran out of road on the turn and went down.

But like I said, I was a new rider and should have quickly let in the clutch.

Regardless, I have never used a throttle control since then.

2009 CBR600rr Green/Black
OES Frame Sliders
Vortex Spools
Micron Ultralight Slip On
Puig Double Bubble
Proton Turn Signals
Tripage IT & FE
Shorty Green Levers

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Lewi1913 wrote:When I was new to riding I used "Cramp Buster" on a long ride. Its a lever that goes around the throttle, to rest your wrist on.

I chose to not take it off once I got to my destination, and then did some back roads and it contributed to my crash. The lever got in the way of me reaching to the brake, and then my wrist pushed down on it, revving the engine high, then I ran out of road on the turn and went down.

But like I said, I was a new rider and should have quickly let in the clutch.

Regardless, I have never used a throttle control since then.

cramp buster looks like the same thing as throttle meister.

I ended up going with a similar solution that is more of a throttle lock for $20, I only used it on the long, flat, boring slabs, otherwise I make it a point not to use it, paritlaly for what you have stated above, in general they don't appear to be safe devices to me. But, with that said, I won't do a long trip like I did last month without one, best $20 I ever spent for crossing the desert in new mexico.
K1600