Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

June RideSmart Half Off Give Away

Post by DarcShadow » Tue May 01, 2012 4:01 pm

We'll get the drawing for June started now the winner will have time to register for the only local day on the 2nd. The only other day in june the half off will be valid for is June 23 as MSR Houston. Answer the following 3 questions for your chance to win a half off track credit to use in May. As aways the half off must be used by you and must be used in June. If something happens and you can't make it after winning the runner up will receive the discount.

Drawing will be held May 14th, 9:00.

1) The best riders have a goal for each track session, what is your goal for your trackday?
2) What would your ideal track bike be, what would your ideal street bike be? Compair the differences.
3) How many peppers did Peter pick?
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Re: June RideSmart Half Off Give Away

Post by dufremle » Tue May 01, 2012 4:11 pm

DarcShadow wrote:1) The best riders have a goal for each track session, what is your goal for your trackday?
2) What would your ideal track bike be, what would your ideal street bike be? Compair the differences.
1) Not to wreck. Seriously. I do so few track days anymore that I basically have to start over from the beginning and relearn the skills.
2) Track bike: sportbike. Street bike: Chopper (Fury!). One's for the track, one's for the street. I have only ridden two sportbikes on track, a Superhawk and the CBR1000RR. The CBR is better than the Superhawk. The Fury for the street so I can cruise around and look at scenery. (I will still lead a moderate on the Fury, if I ever get one. :) )
3) I've got a pepper Peter can pick!
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Tue May 01, 2012 4:14 pm

While there is no right or wrong answers, you do need to put a little effort into them. Not to wreck is is only a goal if you've recked in the past, and wreck often. What sort of sport bike, and what about it is better/worse over the Fury.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Tue May 01, 2012 4:19 pm

1) The best riders have a goal for each track session, what is your goal for your trackday?
To work on my braking and acceleration issues.

My ideal track bike would be a 675, but the parts are a bit on the pricey side. I'm not sure that there is such a thing as an ideal street bike, since there are so many different types of riding on the street.

Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Tue May 01, 2012 6:57 pm

1) The best riders have a goal for each track session, what is your goal for your trackday?well for this one coming up i would say to get my head down
2) What would your ideal track bike be, what would your ideal street bike be? Compair the differences.probably an 08 r6 deck out in ohlins suspension a little motor work etc..etc...plenty of power and just a razor sharp track bike, easy to work on and plenty of them for parts. Street bike would be the speed triple R. More upright, tons of torque and plenty of get up and go.
3) How many peppers did Peter pick?He did not pick any peppers.
Last edited by milesmiles on Wed May 02, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

Bewst
Achievement count: 9

Post by Bewst » Tue May 01, 2012 8:44 pm

1) The best riders have a goal for each track session, what is your goal for your trackday?To learn to ride instead of just doign what I know

2) What would your ideal track bike be, what would your ideal street bike be? Compair the differences.Track bike = Kesha, Street bike = Micah Moore

3) How many peppers did Peter pick? 3.14

El Diabro
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Wed May 02, 2012 6:38 am

My goal for the track day is work on getting the right amount of braking going into turns. So far, I tend to brake way to early going into turns especially after long straightaways....may have something to do with the fact that I'm on a monster of a machine :)

My ideal track bike is GSX-R 750. My ideal street bike would be a Hayabusa. The 750 is lighter, quicker in and out of turns, and perfectly capable of doing any local track. The 'Busa is comfy....way more comfy than the 750, and it's got all the power one could ask. It's big, but it can handle any of the local roads, and can ride it for hours without feeling all bunched up. Ergonomics and power baby!!!!

I don't know how many he picked, but I do know that 'Run rocked rhymes, Humpty Dumpty feel down, but that was his hard times'
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 am

Chin to Bar, quit hooking my elbow on the tank and place it on top of the tank instead
GSXR750 and a matching year, color, setup GSXR 750, the exact same machine only two of them, no differences.
a peck, 537.605 cubic inches by volume, or a quarter bushel depending on what unit of measurement you wish to use.
K1600

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Wed May 02, 2012 1:38 pm

1) The best riders have a goal for each track session, what is your goal for your trackday? This time around, I plan on working on my corner entry speed/braking. I use my brakes more than I should when entering a corner.
Since I have only ridden one bike, I think the track bike that I want will be either a 600 or 750. I need something with just a little more Ummph than my current ride. Street bike? I don't know but I am content with my 250. When I move up, it will be a 600 or 750. Make/model? Still looking!
He told his mama that he picked a pack of pickled peppers but in reality, he was looking at those playboys in his room!

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:05 pm

I like pink
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Wed May 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Firewa11 wrote:I like pink
She is working! Maybe you should you answer these questions and then worry about a bike later...if you win:D

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:14 pm

I like YOUR pink. Sorry, should have clarified.

Goooood I can't wait to get back on the track. I would enter, but I don't think i could deal with the heartache of actually winning the damned contest and not being able to go.
ImageImageImage

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Wed May 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Firewa11 wrote:I like YOUR pink. Sorry, should have clarified.

Goooood I can't wait to get back on the track. I would enter, but I don't think i could deal with the heartache of actually winning the damned contest and not being able to go.
DO it anyways!!! If you win, then worry about borrowing a bike!!

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:18 pm

Bikes are like wives. You might fantasize about having someone better than you get on her, but if it actually happened you'd feel dirty and ultimately would never feel right about riding her again.

I don't want to put any of my friends through that! :-)
ImageImageImage

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Wed May 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Thread jacking WUSS!!! (im done thread jacking...sorry DS)!

Striple

Post by Striple » Wed May 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Firewa11 wrote:Bikes are like wives.
This is why I gots tree. :D
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

fireblade
Achievement count: 46

Post by fireblade » Wed May 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Striple wrote:This is why I gots tree. :D

What?? Tree?? Speak american man!!
Random stuff I say:
Women are like square roots, if they're under 17 you just have to do them in your head.

What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline plane, wrapped helicly around an axis?

Striple

Post by Striple » Wed May 02, 2012 7:33 pm

fireblade wrote:

I try. I fail. :)

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Thu May 03, 2012 6:47 am

Striple wrote:
fireblade wrote:

I try. I fail. :)
Ich bin ein Americanner! :D

(I'm sorry if that's just horribly mangled)

El Diabro
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Thu May 03, 2012 6:50 am

Firewa11 wrote:I like YOUR pink. Sorry, should have clarified.

It's okay, I haven't won in like 6 or 7 contest so it's gotta be rigged right? I'm supposed to win half of these a year!!! :))
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

Striple

Post by Striple » Thu May 03, 2012 7:33 am

Rhino wrote:Ich bin ein Americanner! :D

(I'm sorry if that's just horribly mangled)
Its pretty close. 'Americanner' should be 'Amerikaner'.

It reminds me of JFK's line, where he famously told the German people that he was a doughnut.

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Post by dufremle » Thu May 03, 2012 2:45 pm

I updated mine.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Thu May 10, 2012 11:43 am

1. My goal is to make turning laps at a trackday LOOK effortless. Be smooth on both the gas and brakes. Start slow and gradually add speed. By progressively adding speed you will get a better feel for how much or little braking is needed for the speed your carrying to smoothly negotiate the course.

2. Ideal track bike- small, nimble, as much horsepower as you can get for the engine displacement ie. Supersport. Ideal street bike- bigger, comfortable, torque over horsepower ie, sport tourer.

3. IDK, your guess is as good as mine.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

Bewst
Achievement count: 9

Post by Bewst » Thu May 10, 2012 9:49 pm

I win due to my bike selection

russian

Post by russian » Thu May 10, 2012 10:12 pm

honestly my biggest fear about doing a track day is becoming too confident and overcoming my abilities. my goal would be to overcome my fears, particularly about leaning the bike over.

ideally i'd have a cheap 600 for track days so my purdy bmw doesnt get mangled up :) the only difference to ME would be the price. im pretty confident in being able to control the throttle of a 600 and 1000cc bike, but i also know that some things are just out of our control and if that happens i'd rather be on a cheap bike than an expensive one.

peter who?