Total votes: 2

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 40

Exhaust for the new bike.

Post by DemonDuck » Tue May 22, 2012 1:18 pm

Hey yall. I got a new problem now. I really want the austin racing exhaust for the s1000rr .... I like the exhaust and it has my last name on it so that is bonus of course. Problem is .... its EXPENSIVE. But I found an option that will fix the cost and still make it nice. It will cost me about $850 and it is like a slipon except you cut the cats off and connect it from there. It is called the ARCS system for them. Anyway it will perform like a full system. Weights a little more and looks the same.

Other options are the Arrow full exhaust which is SS exhaust and weighs a lil less but dont have my name on it lol. Or the Taylormade which is a full system as well and looks great. Either of those will cost about 400 more. Also there is a Leo Vance exhaust I can get which is full system for $850 as well.

What are your thoughts.
Last edited by DemonDuck on Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Re: Exhaust for the new bike.

Post by milesmiles » Tue May 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Nope nope no, will not participate in this thead until said bike has been bought and you have the keys in your hand! :)
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Tue May 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Said bike is purchased... well as much as they will allow me to do till they can deliver the bike. It is not my fault the recall is going on and they wont give me the bike till it is fixed. Answer the damn question Miles before I have to get your MOM!
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Tue May 22, 2012 1:36 pm

How expensive is expensive?

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Tue May 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Sorry .... it is 2300 for the full inconel system, 1800 for the SS system, and the one I would get from Austin racing is the one you use the stock headers and cut the cats off.... it is 850 but looks and performs just like the SS system.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 pm

I say the HP isn't going to matter enough on the full systems to bark about. With that being said i'd go for the taylormade. I've always like their products and no doubt they look great. If your wanting to put a little cash in your pocket then go with the Austin system, because i like the idea of your name on it(although i've never heard of the brand). I can't comment on the sound of any of them because speakers never tell the truth.

PS can't wait to take it for a test ride :)
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Tue May 22, 2012 1:42 pm

DemonDuck wrote:Sorry .... it is 2300 for the full inconel system, 1800 for the SS system, and the one I would get from Austin racing is the one you use the stock headers and cut the cats off.... it is 850 but looks and performs just like the SS system.
Do you want the $2300 system? What exactly are you wanting out of it? Looks? A littler extra HP? The name?

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Tue May 22, 2012 1:47 pm

ROFL Tell ya what Ill let ya take it for a LONG Test ride if you pitch in on the exhaust ... LOL.

Tel.... I have been told that the full titanium and inconel systems also help with heat .... I am not sure I am willing to spend the money on the weight savings and heat as I am not a professional racer so that isnt going to matter much. I like the extra hp .... but all systems bring about the same HP increase it would seem. I like the sound of the Austin and the Taylormade and honestly I was sold on the Taylormade till I found the Austin. The arrow is supposed to sound about the same as both of them so it is comparable. What I want is the HP, Sound, and the name is bonus. The only downpart of the Austin ARCS system is that if you have warranty work then you have to attach the OE stuff back on .... but to my understanding you have to do that with any of the systems because the warranty says so... lol.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Tue May 22, 2012 1:51 pm

I would suggest getting what you want. All the rest of us have are opinions on what we would do. Ultimately, it is YOUR decision (and your wife's). No one wants to spend the god-awful amount of money have the upgrades to bikes cost, but if it is seriously something you want, then save up and spend the money on it. You will not regret purchasing something you really really want.

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Tue May 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Bah your not much help.... I am trying to figure if there is any advantage to one of the full systems over the Austin one really. I will probably end up with a SS system if I get a full system. If I get the Ausitn one I will most likely spend 250 or so to buy an extra stock exhaust so I can just put that one before sending it to the dealer but IDK. I want some aspect of them all really ... why couldnt Austin racing just have a dealer here in the US lol.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Tue May 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Striple and fixxer both have taylormade systems, talk to them. You won't be disappointed in them
The world needs Miles

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Tue May 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Do some research. The internet is an awesome tool. Find some forums where people talk about those particular systems. Fixxer will tell you taylormade because he has one. He won't know how the other systems perform because he never had one. Go ask people who have those exhausts and see how they feel about them and make your decision based on what they tell you. :D Sorry, I am not much help.

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Tue May 22, 2012 2:05 pm

LOL I was just messing with you ... you cant help your responses ... you are female. LOL I am asking people right now crazy. Biggest thing pulling me to the Austin racing is the name and the support they seem to be quick to respond to you..... and instead of a slipon it is a cut the cats of then attach so you get the performance of a full exhaust for less. Bah by the time I make up my mind and do all the research like you are saying (which I have been doing for about a month already) I will have the money to buy full Titanium exhaust and purchase some extra stuff to go with it. LOL.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Tue May 22, 2012 2:07 pm

As far as the Austin goes, it's not a true "full exhaust" if you don't have headers that come with it. If they are telling you it is then it's a lie. You are not going to get the same HP out of that system as you would with one that runs a true "full exhaust".

Ps hope your consider a bazzaz system with this to remap it
The world needs Miles

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Tue May 22, 2012 2:11 pm

DemonDuck wrote:LOL I was just messing with you ... you cant help your responses ... you are female. LOL I am asking people right now crazy. Biggest thing pulling me to the Austin racing is the name and the support they seem to be quick to respond to you..... and instead of a slipon it is a cut the cats of then attach so you get the performance of a full exhaust for less. Bah by the time I make up my mind and do all the research like you are saying (which I have been doing for about a month already) I will have the money to buy full Titanium exhaust and purchase some extra stuff to go with it. LOL.
Yeah, I am a female. I can't helpt that. Sorry. I can fix it your exhaust for you though. I can paint DemonDuck on it...screw AUSTIN...DemonDuck rocks so much more!

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Tue May 22, 2012 2:15 pm

ROFL Telo: I love you now... Watch out Fixxer!

Miles: I will probably go with the PCV but I might think about the Bazzaz. They are not saying it is a full system... only that it gets the same performance out of it as a full system does.... but the full system drops more weight... like 6 lbs more.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Tue May 22, 2012 2:28 pm

I wouldn't bother at all, there is no way the cost matches the benifits. That being said, at the VERY least, ride the damn thing for a few months before making any changes. How will you know if the changed did any thing other then change the look of the bike if you don't know how it rides in stock trim.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Tue May 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Hmmm...it's getting the same performance, but it's not a full system. Hard to believe, not saying it's not true, but very very hard to believe. And 6lbs is a lot! Look into the bazzaz, more people are running it and seems to be a better more up to date control system.
The world needs Miles

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Tue May 22, 2012 2:34 pm

I was talking to cyclewerkz about the difference between them and they said the Bazzaz has more settings that can allow you to change things a little more but it really does not make much of a difference. They said either one would do me great and I would not be able to tell much between one or the other.

DS I will most likely be riding it stock for a little bit but I really like the sound of exhaust. I am not sure what it will be like after riding the 14 with exhaust so long to go to a quiet bike.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Tue May 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Telomere wrote:I would suggest getting what you want. All the rest of us have are opinions on what we would do.
:icon_wss0be:

This is one of those dilemmas that have nothing to do with logic or reason: After all, does it make any sense to spend a ton of money on a sound that most people will find obnoxious? Does it make any sense to spend big bucks on a couple of extra ponies, when performance on our bikes could be much more cheaply and effectively gained by us skipping out on some calories instead? Aftermarket exhausts are farkles that we buy, not because the stock performance of the bike is holding us back, but because they make us personally happy. It is a personal decision, and is essentially like deciding between two different colors of bike. If they were all equally priced, which one would you get? That's probably the one you really want. If you can afford to, then treat yourself and be jolly.

All that said, I had Arrows on the Speed Triple and loved them. The CBR came with a TaylorMade system, and it fits the bike very well. I put an M4 on the SV, which makes it sound all throaty and buzzy. The C-14 still has the stock potato launcher on it, because I don't really care.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Tue May 22, 2012 9:20 pm

http://www.ecunleashed.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reflash your ecu!
Check this site out you can get same HP gains as adding an aftermarket exhaust, for under $500. No need for a PC or Bazzaz keeps everything stock looking.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Wed May 23, 2012 1:25 am

Stripple did you like the Arrow or Taylormade more?

Dragonfly does it allow you to put custom maps in?
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Wed May 23, 2012 7:52 am

DemonDuck wrote:Stripple did you like the Arrow or Taylormade more?
Depends on the bike. On the Speed Triple, the Arrows were perfect. On the CBR, the TaylorMade fits like no other.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Wed May 23, 2012 7:53 am

Only other one I should add to the list is the Brocks alienhead.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Wed May 23, 2012 10:14 am

I agree with Striple, it's a bike-to-bike thing. What works on one bike may not work on another. Arrow is great on Triumph bikes, because they're the OEM accessories. Triumph works really closely with Arrow so the systems are designed right. They may be total crap on the ZX-14, same with TaylorMade. Or maybe they're awesome. You pretty much just need to find what other people are doing to ZX-14s and pick what you like.