March 26 cresson Track day.

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
Aviconus
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Post by Aviconus » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:07 pm

back down to 50% i just dont see where the weather men are getting this. from the precep in the US as it stand its all in the northern US with with a high pressure zone in the west. there would have to be one hell of a warm front comming from the south to get that sucker to spin its way down here. so ohopefully the texas weather people are as retarded as everyone says they are.
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

Bird Shooter

Post by Bird Shooter » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:42 am

Who's gunna go up to the track tonight? We usually have a group of folks that go out there the night before trackday to set-up their bikes, drink frosty beverages, and shoot the shit. I think I might be out there around 6-7p.m.
[img]http://www.fwmr.net/images/rideleader/white1.gif[/img]
Jeff
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1897/avatr3nd5gu7fn3.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1995/bushflippingfingeranimapd2.gif[/img][/url]

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:13 am

Bird Shooter wrote:Who's gunna go up to the track tonight? We usually have a group of folks that go out there the night before trackday to set-up their bikes, drink frosty beverages, and shoot the shit. I think I might be out there around 6-7p.m.
I'll be there, Digi will be there, as well as Tink & Blizz... Probably around 5 or 6 I'm guessing...

ZX9R

Post by ZX9R » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:24 am

I'm in! :idea:
Riding around aimlessly will get you no where!

2000 ZX-9R
2005 ZX-10R
2011 YZF-R1

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:34 am

me and wes are gonna drop by i believe but if there aint no campin out im prolly gonna bounce and show up early tomorrow to get the bike ready.

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

GSXRRider
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by GSXRRider » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:46 am

I just talked with dave he is bringing burgers.

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:32 pm

You can camp out there, and watch all our bikes, but it doesnt sound like anyone else from our club is gonna camp out. I'm sure there will be others though

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:05 pm

doughboy

Post by doughboy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:50 am

I hope you guys like getting wet!!!!!! It looks like a whole day of rain or at least most of the day it will be raining.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value!

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:33 am

track day cancelled :( rained out

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:02 am

Sucks, wish I were playing hookie with the rest of you today :(

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:43 am

Sucks that the weather ruined the day. :sad:

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:30 pm

Yeah, sucked we couldn't get on the track, but that's the weather for ya. I'd rather not get on the track than get my leathers muddy sliding through the grass :-)

RAZOR

Post by RAZOR » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:13 pm

Yea it sucked, my first track day and it was wet! OH well, I did not feel good anyway and was kinda week but would have road anyway . That would have been bad I think? We did get a rain check . That is very cool of dave ! :grin:
As I shifted into sixth , I couldn't remember a thing she said !!!!!!!!!I just want to ride !!!!

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:17 pm

Hey, I just looked at Ridesmart's website... April 7th is listed as the next track day at TWS in College Station, and that is a Saturday. Has anyone signed up, or planning on going? I'll chip in on gas and beer for whoever is going and has some extra trailer / truck bed space... :)

RAZOR

Post by RAZOR » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:26 pm

I may go , but would have to play it by ear . I will let you know if i do . :cool:
As I shifted into sixth , I couldn't remember a thing she said !!!!!!!!!I just want to ride !!!!

tracykyleharris

Disappointed.

Post by tracykyleharris » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:17 am

Man, I was bummed. And I wasn't even one of the guys who came up from Houston or some such.
I think they need to have a contingency plan for the early spring track days.
I came prepared to ride in the rain. The forecast for days out was heavy on the likelihood of rain. I was mentally prepared to not only ride on the wet track but in the rain if required.
But they pulled the plug. I'm glad I didn't bother to tape up the lights, etc. before I got there.

I understand they're situation. They had a big turnout and I got the impression that a large percentage of the participants were level one rides and newbies. And after all the crashes and injuries that took place back in October I can see why they chose to err on the side of caution.
I would have like to have ridden the short configuration rain or shine, but there wasn't even enough level 2-4 riders to justify that.

Maybe in the future, RS could encourage only the level 2-3 riders to attend the early spring track days likely to have rain.

Now I'm probably stuck riding the long 3.1 mile configuration on my Supermoto at MSR Cresson in a month or two. I'd much rather have done the short course.

Any ideas we might propose to RideSmart?
- - - - - -
Tracy Kyle Harris
1998 KTM 620SX Street SuperMoto conversion

Redneck

Re: Disappointed.

Post by Redneck » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:43 pm

tracykyleharris wrote:Man, I was bummed. And I wasn't even one of the guys who came up from Houston or some such.
I think they need to have a contingency plan for the early spring track days.
I came prepared to ride in the rain. The forecast for days out was heavy on the likelihood of rain. I was mentally prepared to not only ride on the wet track but in the rain if required.
But they pulled the plug. I'm glad I didn't bother to tape up the lights, etc. before I got there.

I understand they're situation. They had a big turnout and I got the impression that a large percentage of the participants were level one rides and newbies. And after all the crashes and injuries that took place back in October I can see why they chose to err on the side of caution.
I would have like to have ridden the short configuration rain or shine, but there wasn't even enough level 2-4 riders to justify that.

Maybe in the future, RS could encourage only the level 2-3 riders to attend the early spring track days likely to have rain.

Now I'm probably stuck riding the long 3.1 mile configuration on my Supermoto at MSR Cresson in a month or two. I'd much rather have done the short course.

Any ideas we might propose to RideSmart?
Level 3 filled up first, then level 2, then 4. One wasnt completely full, although they did close the online registration. The problem wasnt too many newbies and no racers, but too many racers didnt camp there, and didnt leave home after they looked out their windows in the AM. Running the 3.1 is way more fun on a supermoto than the 1.7. The 1.3 would be the best, but I dont enjoy the 1.7 on my supermoto.