ECR - March

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
nitzer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 8

Re: ECR - March

Post by nitzer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:12 pm

Not sure why they asked you. It's not your decision. If they don't have enough evidence against someone, they won't prosecute. If they do and they think it's worth their time...they will. Not being mean or anything. It's just the way it is. "Pressing charges" against someone like in the movies is not the way it works for an average citizen. Only the authorities can "press charges" and they pick and choose the cases they wish to try and the ones they don't based on their own set of criteria.
- Derek
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki SV650S (SOLD)
2008 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (Street)

Winning hearts and minds...two the heart, one to the mind.

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor
Achievement count: 42

Post by shilka99 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:16 am

The same thing happened with me when my ZX-7 was stolen in 2007 when I lived in L.A. It was recovered about a week later and the thief arrested. The LAPD asked if I wanted to press charges, and of course my answer was yes. But it took so long to get to court by that time I had left Ca. and was living here. I told the prosecutor I couldnt travel back for the trial so they dropped it.
Shaun in McKinney
RGV250|520SX/SMR|RSV4 Factory

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:42 am

I'm guessing that ask because if you say no then there's no point in them trying to do anything if they need your testamony, although I wouldn't know why they would. At the very least possession of stollen property would be a pretty open and shut case I would think.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals