Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Re: Ridesmart COTA Survey

Post by Striple » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:20 am

nitzerebbhead wrote:Here we go again... :mad:
:kekekegay: :kekekegay:

Back on topic -- CoTA has released a statement saying that there are four organizations that had paid for their events in full, and whose events are not going to be cancelled. It is going to be interesting to see which organizations are included.

Edit: Drivers Edge has released a statement on their FB page stating that COTA is honoring their agreement. Ridesmart's website is now stating that they are in touch with COTA and should have more information on Sunday. This is one dramatic track, and I haven't even ridden it yet!
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

Fish R1
Achievement count: 0

Post by Fish R1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:18 am

I am finding some very interesting info from the Austin American Statesman web page Dated December 13,2012 and Auto Weeks web page dated December 19, 2012 on COTA and the states involvement using a state mandated sports fund. I will try and post the links later. It was some good reading for me. Maybe old news for others

Oh yeah, Way to go social media. It looks like COTA is back pedaling.

Fish R1

Post by Fish R1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Ride Smart and Circuit of The Americas executives today have agreed to go ahead with the June 1 and June 2 RideSmart trackday event. The number one priority for both Ride Smart and Circuit of The Americas is a safe, positive, and a learning experience for the rider, and there is now a clear understanding between Ride Smart and Circuit of the Americas, with the common goal of assuring that participants will receive a safe, fun, and an ultimate experience on this challenging new track.

This was posted by Randy 1 hour ago on motodfw,com

Fish R1

Post by Fish R1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Excellent news, Ridesmart staff deserves credit and congratulations.
Everyone that got this news to the social media outlets (Twitter, facebook) gets an ataboy. Good luck with the upcoming plans and arrangements that everyone has to make to get down there and get set up for June 1st
Everyone have fun and be safe.

Its amazing what a group of people can do with a common cause, support, social media and patience. Very COOL!!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed the way this was discussed on motodfw. There was alot of input and alot of good ideas being discussed. This is the kind of information I really enjoy reading and talking about.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Man what a roller coaster.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert

Post by Striple » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Indeed. It makes you wonder what kind of management crew is running the show at that level of motorsports.

Kudos to RS for making it happen.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor

Post by shilka99 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:59 pm

As of right now, COTA on sunday has 17 spots in L1, L2B has 4.
Shaun in McKinney
RGV250|520SX/SMR|RSV4 Factory

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Shaun/RC30FAN wrote:As of right now, COTA on sunday has 17 spots in L1, L2B has 4.
Dang, it went fast. I won't be making this track and I know Fixxer was wanting to go but by the time we have the money to pay for it, it will be full. Oh well.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 am

A spot for RS CotA is open, for just a slightly higher price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290866909151;js ... 26_rdc%3D1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who's going to bid on it?

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 am

say whaaaa, you gotta be kidding me. I can't believe someone would buy a spot and then try this. Then again if they sell it, more power to them
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

Rhino
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:29 am

I should undercut them and sell the weekend for $4k. :D

Fish R1

Post by Fish R1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Who is this entrepreneur? I want to shake his hand. Then put him in my favorite Jujitsu arm bar. Then suggest that he donate the $5000.00 to the Ed Fisher Safe Sport Bike Rider Education fund.

Fish R1

Post by Fish R1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 am

Does anyone know if this scalping issue has migrated to other social media? Twitter or Facebook?

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:39 am

You looking for a better deal?

Fish R1

Post by Fish R1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:59 am

No. Just looking for more input and maybe a touch of social media justice.
Darc, Will you post a link when you get a chance please? I have tried looking for this thread on motorcycle.com r6forum.com and have not found this thread yet.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 pm

I first saw it on MotoDFW, http://motodfw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some one there found the guys original offer on the R6 forum, they beat the guy up pretty hard there. I'd guess that's why he moved it to ebay, more annaminity.
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just wonder if this guy is a RS regular. I can't imagine he'll have many friends after all this. Although the price is so high I have to think it's as much of a joke as a serious offer. Although if I had both Sat. and Sun. booked and someone offered me $5000 for one of them I'd gladdly sell it.

Fish R1

Post by Fish R1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Thank you for the link. I do not disagree with the capitalism/ free market concepts. Like I said earlier I would like to shake this entrepreneur’s hand first. Then I would like to appeal to this person’s philanthropic desire to contribute to a worthy cause.

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 pm

DarcShadow wrote: I just wonder if this guy is a RS regular. I can't imagine he'll have many friends after all this. Although the price is so high I have to think it's as much of a joke as a serious offer. Although if I had both Sat. and Sun. booked and someone offered me $5000 for one of them I'd gladdly sell it.
I wouldn't call it a "joke," as I'm sure he'd be willing to sell if someone offered him the money. I think I'd hold it against him if he bought the entry with the sole intent of flipping it for a profit (which happens with concerts, sporting events, all kinds of shit every day), but if he's intending to ride and just decided that for an extra $5k, he'd sell his ticket, well, more power to him if he can find someone willing to pay that. Like Darc said, he'd be willing to sell his entry for $5k too (as would any of you, I'd think), which make everyone no better then this guy. The only difference is that he actually put the offer out there, instead of waiting for someone to post up "WTB: COTA RS Entry $5k." So, unless someone can prove that he bought the entry with no intention of ever riding, let him do what the free market allows.

...and after reading the thread over on the R6 forum, it appears to be exactly the case that he has two entries, and decided that for $5k he'd skip one of the days. If somebody actually wants to ride the track badly enough that they'd take him up on that, how does that make him a bad guy?
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 pm

I think part of the issue is how the offer/ad came across. Had he changed the wording so that it was clear what the original price was and that he doesn't really want to sell it but if some one wants it for 5K he'd let it go he could of avoided all of the bashing he received.

Rhino
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Totally agree. I'd sell my spot for $5k. Hell, I'd probably sell both spots for $5k.

Fish R1

Post by Fish R1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:22 pm

I am on the verge of tired head with this COTA/Ridesmart thread. Unfortunately it is like a bad accident you know you should not look but you keep turning your head to see what is going on. My life by my choice is going to the accident site 2 times this year. (1) Volunteer track marshal work for Moto GP. (2) Corner work for Ridesmart in June. I am doing my best to keep a positive attitude for these adventures. It is going to be a first for Texas with Moto GP and a tremendous leap of faith with Ridesmart. Even with the RS event sold out there is still variables that could make this the first and last RS event at COTA.
Moto GP on the other hand has a 10 year contract and deep pockets courtesy of the Great State of Texas.

I can only be responsible for my actions and myself. So I will put the smile on my face and say how can I help you so there might be a chance to continue track marshal duties at COTA in the future, and keep Ridesmart on COTA for years to come.

I am 10 to 15 years away or a couple of accidents away from having to give up a dream I have had since I first heard about Kenny Roberts and motorcycle road racing in the 70s. I tried in the early 80s to take up road racing. After a few years I decided to grow up and be an adult, I put this dream on a shelf. Fast-forward 25+ years now I have the meager financial means and no immediate family ties to keep me from this opportunity of sport bike riding. I am hoping to use this remaining time to not only ride but also help out the sport in other ways. Even if it means helping clean up trash after a Very successful inaugural Moto GP event. Or sit at a front gate at MSRC and sign people in for track time at a later date. I will give wherever I can whenever I can. I only have 2 requests. If I have a nephew or niece that wants to try this sport I would hope there would be organizations like RS available to teach them the proper riding techniques and procedures that I have been taught to me, and venues like COTA, MSRC and other facilities provide the safe environment to teach these family members. If that means I have to toss some trash or work a front gate to keep these options available then so be it.