Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Free Track Day Give Away

Post by DarcShadow » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:34 pm

Answer the following questions to be entered for a free track day. Drawing will be held Thursday, Nov. 1st around 8:00pm.

All can enter.
Meat of Snail won last time, so he is not eligible to win but feel free to answer the questions.

1) What do you enjoy best about a track day? If you've never been. What do you look forward to experencing the most?

2) If you've been to the track before. What have you learned that helped you on the street? If you've never been before, what do you feel you're week at on the street that a track day may help with?

3) What is the cause of 95% of accidents at the track?
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

digi
Achievement count: 0

Re: Free Track Day Give Away

Post by digi » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:07 pm

DarcShadow wrote:Answer the following questions to be entered for a free track day. Drawing will be held Thursday, Nov. 1st around 8:00pm.

All can enter.
Meat of Snail won last time, so he is not eligible to win but feel free to answer the questions.

1) What do you enjoy best about a track day? If you've never been. What do you look forward to experencing the most?

2) If you've been to the track before. What have you learned that helped you on the street? If you've never been before, what do you feel you're week at on the street that a track day may help with?

1. I enjoy going fast in a controlled environment. I enjoy leaning the bike, and the challenge of the track. I look forward to being able to safely take a turn at a decent speed, and if I can't figure it out, having someone there whom I can ask questions. Oh, and there are lots of bikes to check out too.

2. I think I gained a bit more confidence with my leaning, and with trusting myself. It helps to know what your bike is capable of, and the track is the best place for learning that.

3. Entering a turn too hot.
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:11 pm

The most I've had at trackdays have been when I've hooked up with someone running the same pace as me, and following/leading them around the track. I've found it usually happens later in the day when everyone has kind of gotten in the zone, and when everything flows together just right its a blast :grin:

Confidence. I used to think that I was pushing my limits on the street. Now I know that those limits are so far away as to be practically unreachable on the street. When I'm riding along and a turn unexpectedly tightens up, or I find some debris in the road, I have the confidence to know that I can still turn in more and make it through. (note: this only applies when I don't freakin target fixate on the outside of the turn :-o )

Too much corner entry speed
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

Bird

Post by Bird » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:19 pm

A chance to experience the bike working with you and touching on the edge of my envelope. My 'edge' may be lots slower than others, but the feeling is still there of coming out of a corner, totally in control, a smile on my face and twisting the throttle wide open.

Been before and the biggest help has been both knowing what the braking power of the bike is and following through with 'go for it or crash'. On the TRACK, you get a chance to feel the surface, the bike and your heart in your throat... all in a relatively controlled environment.

The statistics say that it's your entry speed on corners. Personally, I think that elevated entry speed is due to testosterone and ego! :-? Ride your own ride ... don't compete unless you're ready to get whooped. :-)
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

ZX9R

Post by ZX9R » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:28 pm

Learning how to go faster and faster pushing my tires and myself. Finding better lines!

I have learned to go much faster with greater control. (i.e. The trip to Arkanas was a great test for me. I was able to stay right behind DS which has never happened before for me. That was a great boost of confidence.

I am going to have to go with Birdshooter on this one and say Too much coner entry speed.
Riding around aimlessly will get you no where!

2000 ZX-9R
2005 ZX-10R
2011 YZF-R1

Aviconus
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by Aviconus » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:19 pm

I look forward to safely being able to push the limits of my bike and my abilities to better myself on the track and on the streets without endangering pedestrians around me.

Being on a track made me anticipate the uncontrolled variables and dangers on the street.

Over confidence and believing that if you wait that extra 20 feet to break you will still be able to make the turn and realizing that its to late. . .
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

CrazyKuban

Post by CrazyKuban » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:09 pm

DarcShadow wrote:Answer the following questions to be entered for a free track day. Drawing will be held Thursday, Nov. 1st around 8:00pm.

All can enter.

Wow track day are the best thing I have done in two wheels, I enjoy the fast pace with the touch of safety and also the company of a first class motorcycle club.

Track day gave me confidence on how to approach corners while riding on the streets.

I think toooooo much either entry or exit speeds on the turns combine with target fixation, and trying to race somebody else at the same time.
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

Bird Shooter

Post by Bird Shooter » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:35 am

1) What do you enjoy best about a track day? If you've never been. What do you look forward to experencing the most? Exileration, concentration, and fullfillment

2) If you've been to the track before. What have you learned that helped you on the street? If you've never been before, what do you feel you're week at on the street that a track day may help with? Corner negotiation; speed control

corner entry speed
[img]http://www.fwmr.net/images/rideleader/white1.gif[/img]
Jeff
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1897/avatr3nd5gu7fn3.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1995/bushflippingfingeranimapd2.gif[/img][/url]

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:22 pm

And the winner is....

Bird325

(Winner chosen by putting all entries in order submitted and assigning them a number then going to random.org and generating a random number.)

Thanks to all that entered.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals