Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Sept. 14th - MotorSport Ranch Trackday Give Away

Post by DarcShadow » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:17 pm

Answer 3 questions and enter a chance to win a free trackday/school with Ride Smart.

This is non transferable so if you win and find out you can't make it let us know asap so that a second winner can be drawn. Drawing will be held 8:00 Saturday, Sept. 1st.

1) How do you prepare your bike and your gear for a track day? How does this differ from your normal street ride routine?

2) If you’ve been to a Ride Smart event before, do you feel like you are getting the proper instruction level from the instructors for whatever level you sign up for with Ride Smart?
If you have not been to one before what level of instruction do you expect/hope for.

3) If money was not an issue, what bike would you buy and why?
Last edited by DarcShadow on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blinker
Achievement count: 0

Post by Blinker » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:02 pm

1) How do you prepare your bike and your gear for a track day? How does this differ from your normal street ride routine?
a.Take out the fuse’s for the headlights
b.Remove mirror’s and zip tie screw holes
c.Tape up tail and front lights while applying the brake to make sure the light does not shine through
d.Tape a face on the headlight
e.Check tire pressure
f.Remove license plate

2) If you’ve been to a Ride Smart event before, do you feel like you are getting the proper instruction level from the instructors for whatever level you sign up for with Ride Smart?
If you have not been to one before what level of instruction do you expect/hope for.
a. Yes I feel confident the instructor’s knowledge and advice that they have to offer. Going from 1 to 2 now you do learn a different way of doing things so instruction up to lvl 2 has been very informative and helpfull.

a. Desmosedici RR = First ever GP replica that you can ride on the road…
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

ZERO-CENTS

Post by ZERO-CENTS » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:45 am

Track prep: the race plastics come off, I inspect everything I can see and then I check bolt tightness and then I clean the entire bike top to bottom. Then I dry and lube the chain,check tension and go through the normal checklist via the MM. I do not own a street legal bike anymore but if I did this would obviously be strech out to inspect every 500 miles or so except chain cleaning I did this every week anyway regardless.

Recently RideSmart changed their classroom time to include video of the session and literature also. I feel that the instructors are bringing their level of expertise and RideSmarts program to the table and its up to the rider to either use or lose the information. RideSmart level 2 program works on body position, focus and corner entry speeds and it helps alot to also learn the race line of the track. I get alot out of the instructors and I proved that by achieving level 2 "smoothest rider" last weekend at ECR. I have no prior schooling on riding other than books and RideSmart.

I own what I would buy:2007 gsxr 750 with upgrades to susp., brakes, and wheels and motor.
Fear........Nothing.
www.hopechurch.com

1985 Honda Magna VF700C-sold
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S-sold
1993 Suzuki RF600RR-sold
2007 Suzuki GSX-R750- OOoola la la lala la!

Blinker

Post by Blinker » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:34 am

FAIL... :eek: please retract my entry as i just realized this is GP weekend and will be no where near this track :) GL to everyone else :-D
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:33 am

Looks like zero-cents is going to be the winner unless some one else enters soon. One day left to enter, don't miss your chance for a free ride!
Last edited by DarcShadow on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:20 pm

DarcShadow wrote:don't miss your chance for a free ride!
heheheh

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:03 pm

Ok, looks like the winner is Zero-Cents. Congrats.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals