2009 MotoGP/Deals Gap

Club bike nights and events other than rides here are here. Events usually posted on the calendar as well.
DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

2009 MotoGP/Deals Gap

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:59 pm

very very early planning

The talk of a trip out to Deals Gap comes up several times a year but we never actually get around to setting anything up.

So...here's my proposal. Deals Gap is only about 6 hours away from Indy. How many would be interested in going to the 2009 MotoGP races in Indy then head down to Deals Gap for two or three of days then heading back to Texas.

I'm thinking, leave here Thursday, do the 3 day MotoGP thing, then Monday head south to Deals Gap. Ride around there for 2 or 3 days then head back to Texas either Thurday or Friday and still have the weekend to recover from the trip before heading back to work.

Obviously there are several details that would need to be worked out and it's still 10 months away. But if we start planning now it would give every body involved plenty of time to work out vacation time and save up money.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Bird
Achievement count: 0

Post by Bird » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:28 pm

HOLY SHIT, Darc, you're amazing! Count me IN! I just talked to my wonderful, understanding, supporting wife and I'm good to go. We are going to Australia some time next year for OUR vacation, but FWMR can try to plan around MotoGP 2009 and The Dragon!!! :D :D :D

Let's lay it out on the calendar and see what we can come up with.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

DLSGAP
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Post by DLSGAP » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm probably out for Indy... but I'll start kissing up and doing the honey dos to see if i can get a free pass for the gap. Getting there on a Monday is the way to do it. The only LEO activity you should run into are Local sheriffs on the TN side... and they ride too so unless you look like you deserve it there shouldn't be any issues.
Wear your gear... I'd rather sweat than bleed.
Current bike:
CBR954RR

Former bikes
'87 YSR
' 92 CBR 600F2
'91 ZX7
' 92 ZX7RR
'94 ZX7RR
' 98 ZX7R
'07 ZX10R
' 11 FZ8