Unofficial Off-Week Bike Night - The Pour House - 7/15/10

Club bike nights and events other than rides here are here. Events usually posted on the calendar as well.
Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Re: Unofficial Off-Week Bike Night - The Pour House - 7/15/1

Post by Firewa11 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:18 pm

I personally think this place is an awesome place for bike night, in fact I like it considerably better than Fox & Hound. The service was great, the staff was very attentive, and the food was great. In addition, the drinks were far cheaper, and they had a much better selection in beverages. I think the parking situation can be dealt with, and the GM seemed more than willing to work with us on it. I had a chat with him about it and he wasn't opposed to blocking off a few spots. This place so far has my top vote.
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

NEVERSET
Achievement count: 0

Post by NEVERSET » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:24 pm

i think it was nice because it had the patio outside right there where the bikes are. you can take your drink outside and be able to check them out.
2002 zx12r

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice

Post by sckego » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Yup, I loved the place. The waitress said that if we decide to come back regularly they can reserve that front area where we were all sitting for us, plus we have the patio right outside where I'm sure alot of people will be anyways, especially once it cools down. Bike parking is great, right next to the patio, and I'm sure they won't be opposed to blocking off a few of the spots up front if we promise to bring in more bikes. Food was meh, but no worse then F&H, but dirt cheap. Drinks were cheap too. Good service, and the management seemed pretty happy to have us and willing to make accommodations.

I liked it better then any other place we've been... including F&H. This place gets my vote.
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:34 am

Yea i would have to say this is my fav so far. Parking from what i could tell seemed great, staff was very cool. Location was by far my favorite. Prices were the best yet. I really like this place. Good seeing everyone, sorry i didn't have more time to socialize.
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:30 am

They will have to block off more then just a couple of spots, I'm thinking that whole front corner at least. With the number of bikes and cars we've been pulling in at the Bike Nights this year we'd easily fill their front parking area. If they're willing to work with us and do that great.

The food and prices were pertty good and I didn't stay long enough to see how things progressed through the night but I wasn't overly impresssed with the place. I think we keep looking and possibly give the Pour House another visit later on after we've check out a few other places. This time though ask them to start blocking off parking spots at 5:30 or so, so that by the time people start showing up 6:00-6:30 we have ample place to park the larger vehicles

Of the new places we've looked at to day I think I'd prefer the Tilted Kilt over the Pour House actually.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:48 am

Pour House Eval - Same thing as before except service is now included
Blizzard_1708 wrote:Everyone who attended, I want to get a pro's and cons of this location so we can evaluate it along with the other locations we will be trying and F&H, so tell me what you liked/didnt like.

Food?
Atmosphere?
Eye Candy?
Parking?
Location?
Drinks?
Entertainment?
Service?
Whatever else you'd like to mention.

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:49 am

Sorry I didnt get this up before many of you already started your critics, I was tired last night :)

mahart
Achievement count: 8

Post by mahart » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:10 am

Food? good
Atmosphere? fine
Eye Candy? nice
Parking? ok, i guess
Location? nice
Drinks? they have beer, so it's all good
Entertainment? the dj had me wanting to get down, but there's no dance floor
Service? she serviced me nicely
Whatever else you'd like to mention. they frequently have dance music bands, yet have no dance floor
Revved up like a douche.

GRex

Post by GRex » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:26 am

Bird wrote:My opinion of the place is heavily influenced by the approach angle of the west driveway ... HUNG UP the Viper to the point that I couldn't go forward any more without using the HP it has to offer. :-o :( No leaking fluids, but it hurt my feelings.

Without special consideration, I don't think PH is going to work out due to parking. Waitress was hot and the management was attentive and wanting to make it work though. If you get there before 7, you can get a great deal ... I had 3 beers and Calimari for a little over $10!
:icon_whs0be:
The east entrance is not as abrupt as the west one, but I am pretty sure that I will bottom out or hit the nose getting in and out if I have a passenger. As DS suggested, we should try this place again, but have them reserve parking for us and see how that works out.
2009 Piaggio MP3 500
2010 White/Silver 14RR T-Rex
2005 Pearl White T-Rex (Sold)
IBA# 41997
Image Image

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:39 am

Food? The food was OK. I had the pasta with marina sauce. They do have a good selection of items.
Atmosphere? More conductive to mingling than Tilted Kilt. Plus they have a very nice patio.
Eye Candy? Good.
Parking? They are willing to block off some spots for us. Sorry guys, but we are a MOTORCYCLE club. If you vehicle doesn't fit ride a motorcycle. :)
Location? Very centralized to Fort Worth. Several people said it was easier to get to than F&H. It's also in Fort Worth, where Tilted Kilt isn't.
Drinks? Good drink specials.
Entertainment? They have 3 pool tables. I didn't check to see if they have any dart boards.
Service? No problems that I experienced.
Whatever else you'd like to mention. This place has my top vote. We still have several more places to check out, but for now I think the Pour House should be at the top of the list. There are also 2 or 3 bars across the street we could walk to, and downtown is only a few blocks away.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:55 am

Food? Good selection of items, prices are great, food was good
Atmosphere? Great atmosphere, more relaxed, more room to move around, good music but not overpowering, far less smokey than F&H
Eye Candy? Very nice :D
Parking? Fair, but can be resolved by working with management. We're unlikely to find a mostly empty shopping center parking lot everywhere we go. There is ample parking around the block as well.
Location? Great. This is by far the best "Fort Worth" location we've been to. Great proximity to downtown.
Drinks? Awesome selection of drinks, cheap prices.
Entertainment? They have pool tables in the back, and live bands later in the evening. I'm really digging the idea of having live bands.
Service? Good
Whatever else you'd like to mention. This place has my top vote so far!
ImageImageImage

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:04 am

Food? Great food
Atmosphere? Great
Eye Candy? From what i could tell it was good, hard to look when you have a girl in front of you
Parking? If we can get more spots its perfect, even better when its patio weather
Location? By far the best, its central ft worth so it doesn't kill me to come out
Drinks? good prices!
Entertainment? on par
Service? very good
Whatever else you'd like to mention. My fav so far by a long shot, the location really helps out and makes a huge difference for me!!! I'd like to go back
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:11 am

Was that Laura that was sitting across from you? Sorry I didn't get over there to say hi! Doh!
ImageImageImage

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:15 am

Firewa11 wrote:Was that Laura that was sitting across from you? Sorry I didn't get over there to say hi! Doh!
It wasn't laura from the boards, it was a different laura. she doesn't ride or anything she was just meeting me there. :)
The world needs Miles

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:17 am

That was his Laura who lives in Ft Worth and will get used often Laura.

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:27 am

Food? Okay. Prices seem pretty good.
Atmosphere? Not bad at all. I like the atmosphere at PH better than at TK or F&H.
Eye Candy? Not bad.
Parking? Looks like that could be resolved if they block off enough space for us. If we have one of those nights with really high attendance, we will probably need the entire front row.
Location? About the same as the other places for me, but sounds like it is central enough for most members to get to without too much trouble.
Drinks? Check. Decent beer selection, fair prices. Me likes.
Entertainment? DJ was definitely setting the atmosphere right. Hard not to sing along with some of the tracks he was playing.
Service? Good enough.
Whatever else you'd like to mention. The biggest plus for this place is the patio! Hanging out right by the bikes with drinks in hand and music bumping - that is just tough to beat! Without the patio, I'm not sure that this place would have a significant advantage to F&H or TK, but this patio rocks!
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:42 am

Dufremle wrote:Parking? They are willing to block off some spots for us. Sorry guys, but we are a MOTORCYCLE club. If you vehicle doesn't fit ride a motorcycle. :)
True, but don't forget about the bad weather and the winter months where more people drive then ride to bike nights. Just things to keep in mind.

Is there anything actually in the Montgomery plaza? There's tons of parking in there, don't supose we could get lucky enough to find a nice bar there as well?
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:50 am

DarcShadow wrote:True, but don't forget about the bad weather and the winter months where more people drive then ride to bike nights. Just things to keep in mind.
Agree, but the Viper and T-rex are less likely to show in those conditions, also. I would have the same concerns if I still had the vette, however I don't think that should prevent us from picking a place.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:01 am

Yeah I agree, we are indeed a MOTORCYCLE club, we shouldn't need to chose our location based on accessibility to low profile vehicles. I agree that in bad weather / winter months it's more likely we'll need to have more regular vehicle parking spots, but I think we can work around this no problem.
ImageImageImage

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:49 am

Food? Didn't eat. Do they have anything like F&H with the "free" barfood/snacks?
Atmosphere? Not as luxurious-oriented as F&H, more of an Industrial nightclub orientation.
Eye Candy? Yea, there was eyecandy.
Parking? Right up front next to the patio? Great. I arrived late and the valet put me off to the side.
Location? Good. Not as far as F&H.
Drinks? Didn't get any.
Entertainment? I'm too old - music, while I was there, was that rap stuff.
Service? The waitress's were attentive.
Whatever else you'd like to mention. I felt the place is more of a place to be seen, to make the scene. I'd go back but I think it is more bar-oriented than good-times oriented. I didn't get back to the "facilities". Were they clean ?
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:18 am

KC817 wrote: I didn't get back to the "facilities". Were they clean ?
Yes, they were clean, and the countertops were awesome. I want those shifting LED counters in my kitchen!!! :D
ImageImageImage

WillK675
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:24 am

Firewa11 wrote: I agree that in bad weather / winter months it's more likely we'll need to have more regular vehicle parking spots, but I think we can work around this no problem.
:icon_whs0be:

For the winter/weather months when people are in vehicles. Parking is going to suck almost anywhere, especially anyplace in the 7th street area. Parking on the west side of montgomery plaza and walking across the street is quick and easy. That is what I did last night, since I was in a car. There are no parking restrictions at the plaza or any of the places around there due to limited parking (your not going to get towed for parking at the plaza and going across the street). Also, about 1 block to the west, there is a public parking garage. Parking at montgomery plaza or in the garage and walking to PH is no worse than having to walk from the back of a parking row at F&H.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

WillK675
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:35 am

Food? I did an appetizer for dinner, so I'm not sure about the main dishes, but it was good, and was cheap.

Atmosphere? Atmosphere was good while I was there. Very conductive to mingling.

Eye Candy? Good

Parking? Bike parking is good, and in talking with management, parking can be better if we work with them and plan ahead.

Location? Location is good. Easy and quick to get to, and is centralized between work and home for me.

Drinks? Drinks were good, first one was a little stout, and priced just right.

Entertainment? I left early, so I missed the DJ. But there are pool tables in the back.

Service? Service was good, and the staff was very attentive to us.

Whatever else you'd like to mention. Having hung out at PH in the past, I was very skeptical of it for a bike night. I did not think it would fit or work out very well. But I have to say I was impressed, and think it would be a good place for bike night.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Food? Good selection, reasonably priced and well above bar food if you get a dinner
Atmosphere? Nice, able to talk and mingle easily
Eye Candy? Good if you include the patrons
Parking? I'll walk if necessary Reserving enough spots for 30 bikes should be worked out.
Location? Excellent
Drinks? good selection and price
Entertainment? left to early
Service? good
Whatever else you'd like to mention. With working a few minor things out with management, I think this place has definite potential.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

El Diabro
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:44 pm

DarcShadow wrote:
Dufremle wrote:Parking? They are willing to block off some spots for us. Sorry guys, but we are a MOTORCYCLE club. If you vehicle doesn't fit ride a motorcycle. :)
True, but don't forget about the bad weather and the winter months where more people drive then ride to bike nights. Just things to keep in mind.

Is there anything actually in the Montgomery plaza? There's tons of parking in there, don't supose we could get lucky enough to find a nice bar there as well?
DS, Boomerjacks is over there and they have an inside as well a patio, but they're limited in parking in front of it. Several places over there like Pei Wei and Gloria's tend to have high traffic so what little parking is they are usually taken and so I'm not sure if BJ's would be able to block us off a spot.....otherwise, yes there is plenty of parking around the outside, but not where we'd have easy line of sight to the bikes. But if they could work it out where we could park it has potential. Someone higher up in the club should roll by there and see what you think. :)) :))
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*