Rider Down - my wife

This is the general Discussion area used for....General Discussions. Talk anything here just keep it clean and no spam.
Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 36

Re: Rider Down - my wife

Post by Dragonfly » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:39 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:no clue, update is tho the wife's knee is ok so its just the road rash and the knock to the head
Good to hear the knee is ok. Hope the road rash heals quickly and with little to no pain or discomfort. Could have been way worse, imagine what it would be like had she not been wearing gear. I saw a lady today on a Harley, wearing jeans and a tank-top, no helmet, no gloves. I cringe at the thought.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

WillK675
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Sorry to hear about the incident. Glad to hear she is ok, with the minor exceptions. Hope she heals up quickly.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Glad she is ok. Sry you had to deal with an arse of a popo.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

killermom

Post by killermom » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:36 am

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened since I just met her on Thursday. I hope she has a speedy recovery. I can cook so if you need me to fix a dinner or something for you guys, just let me know.

stupidfast900
Achievement count: 0

Post by stupidfast900 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:29 pm

sorry to hear about the luck, it always sucks when someone goes down due to a road condition. on another note, what do you plan to do with the bike? id probably be willing to buy it back from insurance, looks like something i could fix over the winter and my girlfriend has been looking for one of these.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:05 pm

No plans for the bike yet, that'll come after the insurance adjuster comes by

I told her I want to turn it into a naked bike and put a turbo on it, I don't think she is into that.
K1600

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:07 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:I told her I want to turn it into a naked bike and put a turbo on it, I don't think she is into that.
LOL! I remember her saying that she wanted to upgrade sometime soon - I guess this is one way to force that upgrade* :) .

Have you found a loading ramp yet? If not, I know there are several guys in the club who have one. Guys?

* takes one to know one.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:31 pm

I ended up buying a ramp and getting a neighbor to help unload it, got tired of driving my truck around with a kawi in the back cause I'm a suzuki man.

Adjuster said its right on the boarder of total loss, my only question mark is the forks may be a little funky I can't tell I'm going to go look, I asked if he woudl be willing to cut me a check and I could fix it as most of it is cosmetic damage or simple bolt on parts such as the foot pegs, he said that is a possibilty.

If I can go that route I can for sure fix it as long as the forks are not jacked and even upgrade it to boot, hell upgrade aftermarket parts are cheaper than OEM for a lot of things. If I went that route I could also slap a damper on there. I know, 250r with a damper but if there is even a slight chance it could have helped it'll be worth it. After seeing her go down I'm gonna get my butt down to cycle werkz and get my suspension adjusted, shakey no fun.
K1600

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Sorry to hear about the 'go down' and the jerk cop. They show up every now and then, but we have to have pity on their tiny brains. Hope your wife heals up quickly and nothing else develops. She's going to be HURTIN' for a while and it's going to take a while to tan that ass again. :D Give her our best and if you need anything, just ask.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Terabyte

Post by Terabyte » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Glad to hear your wife is okay. I've been putting off reading this thread, because I've just registered for the motorcycle class and I didn't want to hear about the ugly side of riding a motorcycle. All in all I'm glad you posted what happened and the pictures....it makes me want to get better gloves and riding pants, and I'm still excited about learning to ride. I look forward to meeting your wife and am glad she's going to continue to ride. :-D

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Terabyte wrote:Glad to hear your wife is okay. I've been putting off reading this thread, because I've just registered for the motorcycle class and I didn't want to hear about the ugly side of riding a motorcycle. All in all I'm glad you posted what happened and the pictures....it makes me want to get better gloves and riding pants, and I'm still excited about learning to ride. I look forward to meeting your wife and am glad she's going to continue to ride. :-D
Yea that's the real deal, get gear and most importantly use it, and if you get head shake don't fight the bike. I'd say this is the ugly side of any metal object capable of moving a person at high speed, even a cage.

What kind of ride do you have?
K1600

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:26 pm

I left him voice mail, gonna see if he'll just cut me the check so I can get the parts flowing in, almost all of the damage is cosmetic, bike runs fine no leaking fluid funny sounds or anything.

Fork appears fine the fender is just not straight

Oh and before anyone freaks, the vise grips were not for taking it apart thats just my pile of tools there the child labor fetched me
Attachments
IMG_0363.JPG
IMG_0363.JPG (247.06 KiB) Viewed 3229 times
K1600

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:44 pm

killermom wrote:I'm so sorry to hear that this happened since I just met her on Thursday. I hope she has a speedy recovery. I can cook so if you need me to fix a dinner or something for you guys, just let me know.
Thanks for the offer but I already kicked her off her butt and told her to get in the kitchen where it belongs and fix me some pie.

Just kidding, hope she doesn't read this

Dad knows how to use the microwave so the kids won't go hungry :)
K1600

Terabyte

Post by Terabyte » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:04 pm

I don't have my own bike yet....currently riding with my husband on a Concours 14. I plan on going to sit on a few bikes this weekend, just to get an idea of their weight and seat position. I've been reading all the advise that's been given to killermom about selecting a bike.

killermom

Post by killermom » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:08 am

fixxervi6 wrote:
killermom wrote:I'm so sorry to hear that this happened since I just met her on Thursday. I hope she has a speedy recovery. I can cook so if you need me to fix a dinner or something for you guys, just let me know.
Thanks for the offer but I already kicked her off her butt and told her to get in the kitchen where it belongs and fix me some pie.

Just kidding, hope she doesn't read this

Dad knows how to use the microwave so the kids won't go hungry :)

That's good to hear. If you need anything, just let me know.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:19 am

Terabyte wrote:I don't have my own bike yet....currently riding with my husband on a Concours 14. I plan on going to sit on a few bikes this weekend, just to get an idea of their weight and seat position. I've been reading all the advise that's been given to killermom about selecting a bike.
Once you pick a type or two of bikes post up and we'll all see what we can find. Maybe a Honda CBR1000 that looks like a zebra???
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Striple

Post by Striple » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:25 am

DarcShadow wrote:Maybe a Honda CBR1000 that looks like a zebra???
You forget that that one is no longer available! :D :-)
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 am

Striple wrote:
Your bike + a rattlecan of white paint... we can make it work. :-)
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

Striple

Post by Striple » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:52 am

sckego wrote:
Striple wrote:
Your bike + a rattlecan of white paint... we can make it work. :-)
That would be funny .... for about 5 mins. Then I'd have to go find the zebra a playmate, say, a leopard-themed FZ1 or something :D :-)

sauter0966

Post by sauter0966 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Man, Sorry to hear about the accedent, I am really glad she is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!
:icon_woohoo:

Valentina
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Valentina » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:27 am

Well i hope she gets better!!!i like that she wont give up riding!!!GO girl go!!! :cool:
Stop chasing shadows just enjoy the ride.

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Im sorry your wife had a downer. Glad to hear that she is in good shape and great spirits! Just repeatin what has already been said, but, "If ya need anything, don't hesitate to ask!"
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:20 pm

Turismon and I repeated the route today, when we got to "the" stretch I had to move over to the right, you know, just to see what would happen.

I slowed down to approx 45 mph and was going along waiting for the bumps, and nadda. I thought well thats odd I should have hit...then I hit them, couldn't see them but by the time I cleared them I had to check to see if my teeth were still in, it was some pretty rough stuff, and you can't see it. We ended up single file riding the left/middle of the rest of 2450N as the road was in bad shape on the right side in many places.

So heads up, 2450 N on the right side has lots of bad spots, some you can't see until your on them, at legal speeds even.
Last edited by fixxervi6 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K1600

killermom

Post by killermom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:50 am

Terabyte wrote:I don't have my own bike yet....currently riding with my husband on a Concours 14. I plan on going to sit on a few bikes this weekend, just to get an idea of their weight and seat position. I've been reading all the advise that's been given to killermom about selecting a bike.

Yes, they will give you plenty of advice. Everyone has been great at that. I'm even going to the motorcycle show this weekend and sit on bikes there.

El Diabro
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks for the update on the road conditions fixxer
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*