Moderate ride - Saturday Sept. 24th

Ride Leaders, post rides
El Diabro
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 18

Re: Moderate ride - Saturday Sept. 24th

Post by El Diabro » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:46 am

milesmiles wrote:I'm not sure if he got of the place in carrolton or not, but i text him last night and the fastest they could get him in is Wed...
Cool beans......now how fast can you change your avatar? :)
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:57 am

After that last photo Jim posted i had to change my avatar to something sexy to make up for it :)
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Post by dufremle » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:04 am

I think you failed.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:06 am

milesmiles wrote:After that last photo Jim posted i had to change my avatar to something sexy to make up for it :)
You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 am

haha
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

sauter0966

Post by sauter0966 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Rhino wrote:
milesmiles wrote:After that last photo Jim posted i had to change my avatar to something sexy to make up for it :)
You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Princess Bride!!!
:icon_woohoo:

Megayo

Post by Megayo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:41 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:
Jenson wrote:FM4 is fantastic, Fixxer if you want to run it with me PM me.
Will do, I'm on the track next weekend but after that I'm going back

Can i come?? i been wanting to do Fm4 for a year now! i'm always to lazy unless there is an organized ride, and hopefully a fun pace one!
NEVER STOP RIDING! :D

Megayo

Post by Megayo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Also i was looking around at roads and maybe someone is been down this way and like to take my friends (that i know can do it at a fun but safe speed) it would be awesome if someone could lead the ride! i usually lead but i never want to put anybody in danger in a road that i don't know!! anyways i put it together months ago and never got down to do it!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 1&dirflg=d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry to hear about the crash, hopefully everything turns out well and you and your girl have a speedy recovery!!

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:42 am

16 is an ok road, but honestly, not really worth the boring slab time it takes to get to it.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:54 am

Megayo wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote:
Jenson wrote:FM4 is fantastic, Fixxer if you want to run it with me PM me.
Will do, I'm on the track next weekend but after that I'm going back

Can i come?? i been wanting to do Fm4 for a year now! i'm always to lazy unless there is an organized ride, and hopefully a fun pace one!
I'm just RIT so I can not organize and official ride for this, best bet is to watch the ride section or post out asking a ride leader to put together a FM4 route.

If you want to organize a ride via PM I'm down, however if I'm not familiar with someones riding style or level, if I'm the one out front it'll be true moderate pace, I also do not have that road memorized so I take it down a notch on roads that I don't know every bump and hump on. Nothing against anyone, just a safety thing, wrecks are no fun for anyone. So if I'm not familiar with ya, but you want to go fast, someone else needs to be out front :)

If you show up to enough rides that I'm comfortable with you then I'll be more open to drop you a PM when I want to get silly.

Next time I'm available to ride will probably be the 9th as I think I'm diving on the 8th. If no rides are posted I'll shoot around PM's or something if Jenson doesn't.

edit: I can't remember names (sorry) but I remember bikes, you were on that ride down to waco, which bike were you on?

edit again: nevermind your the R1 guy, elk panic brake, I remember now.
K1600

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:25 am

Don't forget the 9th is the AAH thing.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:28 am

DarcShadow wrote:Don't forget the 9th is the AAH thing.
I forgot, ok looks like I'm not riding on the 9th :)
K1600

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 am

Y'all can always do a ride afterwards for lunch like the first time
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:55 am

Yeah, you're already in the area when you go to pick up trash.

Just meet up, help pick up trash, then go ride.

NickS

Post by NickS » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:58 pm

I live close to and frequently ride FM4, and some of the roads in the area. I was thinking it might be fun to ride the entire FM4 up to Jacksboro, and then back down as a club ride.

Reasons For:

It's a fun ride.
It starts close to my house.
It's impossible for me to f... the route up.
It can be done in the timespan of a club ride.

Reasons against:

The fun sections of FM4 vary in condition from day to day. One day you can go through and all is well, the next day the road is covered in debris and zombies, and miscreant youth. So, to really hit it hard you need to do it twice, preferably in the same direction. The reason for such caution is that these sections also have immediate guardrail on one side, and a cactus covered cliff on the other. So, for a club ride I would be taking it easy, especially if I am not familiar with all present.

Also, while the getting to Jacksboro is fun, the being there...is not as satisfying. They do have one restaurant in town however, and we like it, it's barbecue. Seating for a total of 25 or so is available.

Getting back is just going back the way you came, though the road is interesting in both directions to me....and it's my fastest route home anyway. 199 is your immediate high speed option. 180 at Palo Pinto is not bad for getting home, either.

What do you guys and gals think of such a ride?
'08 Kawasaki Concours 14
'10 Kawasaki Z1000

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:31 pm

NickS wrote:I live close to and frequently ride FM4, and some of the roads in the area. I was thinking it might be fun to ride the entire FM4 up to Jacksboro, and then back down as a club ride.

Reasons For:

It's a fun ride.
It starts close to my house.
It's impossible for me to f... the route up.
It can be done in the timespan of a club ride.

Reasons against:

The fun sections of FM4 vary in condition from day to day. One day you can go through and all is well, the next day the road is covered in debris and zombies, and miscreant youth. So, to really hit it hard you need to do it twice, preferably in the same direction. The reason for such caution is that these sections also have immediate guardrail on one side, and a cactus covered cliff on the other. So, for a club ride I would be taking it easy, especially if I am not familiar with all present.

Also, while the getting to Jacksboro is fun, the being there...is not as satisfying. They do have one restaurant in town however, and we like it, it's barbecue. Seating for a total of 25 or so is available.

Getting back is just going back the way you came, though the road is interesting in both directions to me....and it's my fastest route home anyway. 199 is your immediate high speed option. 180 at Palo Pinto is not bad for getting home, either.

What do you guys and gals think of such a ride?
I've followed some of you guys through gravel, why wouldn't this be fun?
K1600

Lone

Post by Lone » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Hey guys,
just wanted to add a quick update.
Went to the Ortho Doc today and he said I have a small fracture on my C6 bone.
It's not close to any nerves so I should be Ok.
I need to keep the C-collar on for about 6 weeks till my next appt.
Attached is pic of the xray

Looking Down. Fracture doesn't look as Bad

Me looking Straight. Fracture looks bad.
Last edited by Lone on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Lone wrote:Hey guys,
just wanted to add a quick update.
Went to the Ortho Doc today and he said I have a small fracture on my C6 bone.
It's not close to any nerves so I should be Ok.
I need to keep the C-collar on for about 6 weeks till my next appt.
Attached is pic of the xrayImage
Dang dude, you must have smacked pretty good, at least your gonna be ok, you in any pain?

Image isn't coming up
K1600

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:44 pm

I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but don't let it keep you down. Just take things easy and don't hesitate to call/text or email any of us even for the smallest thing. Get well soon!!!
The world needs Miles

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:38 pm

I was really rooting for the ER docs not being able to read an xray, so that really sucks. Stay in that collar so it heals properly and you get back out there and ride. Do the doctors think you will need surgery for that or just the collar to get the C6 vertebra to heal? You must have hit the ground just perfectly to fracture that bone. That other bone in your throat is the hyoid bone, which is horseshoe shaped and is the only bone in your throat.

Jenson

Post by Jenson » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:04 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:I'm just RIT so I can not organize and official ride for this, best bet is to watch the ride section or post out asking a ride leader to put together a FM4 route.

If you want to organize a ride via PM I'm down, however if I'm not familiar with someones riding style or level, if I'm the one out front it'll be true moderate pace, I also do not have that road memorized so I take it down a notch on roads that I don't know every bump and hump on. Nothing against anyone, just a safety thing, wrecks are no fun for anyone. So if I'm not familiar with ya, but you want to go fast, someone else needs to be out front :)

If you show up to enough rides that I'm comfortable with you then I'll be more open to drop you a PM when I want to get silly.

Next time I'm available to ride will probably be the 9th as I think I'm diving on the 8th. If no rides are posted I'll shoot around PM's or something if Jenson doesn't.

edit: I can't remember names (sorry) but I remember bikes, you were on that ride down to waco, which bike were you on?

:icon_whs0be: I was planning on a cruise up and back, then a little quicker run north. I don't know it like the back of my hand, and there are blind corners and dicey sections. I know fm 5 well, and even then I do a recon run to watch out for cops and new conditions.
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That's why God created fast motorcycles, bubba." --Hunter S. Thompson
'02 F4i- Behold the awesome power of zip-ties.

mahart
Achievement count: 8

Post by mahart » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:08 am

NickS wrote:Reasons against:

That's not true. They have the The Green Frog, Village Kitchen, Hurd's Hamburgers, Sonic, Dairy Queen and Chicken Express in addition to Dairyland BBQ. When work has in that area, much of the year, I eat at The Green Frog, it's a home-style food buffet.
Revved up like a douche.

El Diabro
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:12 am

milesmiles wrote:I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but don't let it keep you down. Just take things easy and don't hesitate to call/text or email any of us even for the smallest thing. Get well soon!!!
What he said dude! And like Telomere said, stay in the collar, and just follow doc's orders.....no need to try and be in a hurry, everything that's fun will still be just as fun when you're completely healed up!
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

Megayo

Post by Megayo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:18 am

Jenson wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote:I'm just RIT so I can not organize and official ride for this, best bet is to watch the ride section or post out asking a ride leader to put together a FM4 route.

:icon_whs0be: I was planning on a cruise up and back, then a little quicker run north. I don't know it like the back of my hand, and there are blind corners and dicey sections. I know fm 5 well, and even then I do a recon run to watch out for cops and new conditions.
Well i might be going to a stunt bike so i will really like to do this soon!! The guys who i ride with are pretty good, regardless everybody rides their own ride, and of course whoever else would be interested on coming alone, yes it would not be a club ride, but i want to go fast and enjoy corners for the last time, and i mean if i see you go to fast into a corner and i don't feel it i won't do it!! but it would be cool to have a fast pace ride.

And panic brake migh happen if a cow jumps out :FeldmanEyes: