Ride Smart DVDs

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
Bird
Achievement count: 0

Ride Smart DVDs

Post by Bird » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:23 pm

I talked with Dave about the bike cams and the DVDs that they were offering. I know some of the guys that tried it a few years ago were not happy and I told Dave so.

He sent me a DVD from MSR, May 14 and one from TWS, May 28 as samples of the production that they are now doing.

I just previewed both and I think they're pretty good. There isn't just footage of a rider and advertisements (the old complaint). Each of the disks has some instructional sections and some riding by Ty Howard showing the RIGHT way to do it. :grin:

After I get back from Maui, I'll get together with Matt and/or Don and see if we can post some of it up on the board. Dave is fine with that and wants everyone to consider the Bike Cams again.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Aviconus
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by Aviconus » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:06 pm

way to rub it in everyones faces that you went to maui, ass. hope your having fun.
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 pm

I haven't gone YET ... Sunday. Not meaning to rub it in, but seniority has it's advantages. :-)
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:41 pm

Is that Hawaii trip a corporate sponsored trip?

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:49 pm

I purchased the DVD option for my track day. Just got it and it sucked-I don't even think there was a complete lap with me in it.
HOWEVER-I knew it was going to suck because Dave called me right before he shipped it to tell me how bad it was. Seems I fell through the cracks with their camera guy or something. To fix the problem I do have a free video session for the next track day and Dave's promise that they will actually get video footage, of me this time :-)

So, we'll see how it turns out when they do it this next time :)

Bird

Post by Bird » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:10 pm

Hold Dave to it! :-o If he wants us to stand behind him and Ride Smart, he's going to have to make an effort. He knows this and I feel strongly about it. :smile:
Mike

gixxerjay

Post by gixxerjay » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:13 pm

I just got my DVD from my last Cresson day and I had 3 laps of footage with the guy right behind me and 2 laps of footage with me passing another guy they were filming. I look like a blimp on that bike..Someone shoulda told me..lol. Maybe big but im killing some ducks none the less.

Jay