Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

June 7th - MSR Trackday/school Give Away

Post by DarcShadow » Thu May 08, 2008 7:34 am

This is non transfereable so if you win and find out you can't make it let us know asap so that a second winner can be drawn. Drawing will be held 8:00 Saturday, May 24th.

For your chance to win a free track day/school at Motorsport Ranch on June 7th, answer these three questions.

1. Have you ran the 3.1 mile track as MSR before? If so, what do you like best about it. If not, what do you look forward to about it?

2. If you've never been to a track day, what is is that is preventing you from going? If you have been, what is it that draws you back and keeps you going?

3. If you could ride any where, a track or road, where would you like to ride the most?
Last edited by DarcShadow on Wed May 28, 2008 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Re: June 7th - MSR Trackday/school Give Away

Post by Firewa11 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:34 am

1. Have you ran the 3.1 mile track as MSR before? If so, what do you like best about it. If not, what do you look forward to about it?
The 3.1 mile track configuration is alright, but I personally would rather run this in the 1.7mile race configuration for practice purposes. The new section is fun, and gives some nice variety while breaking up the monotony. That being said, I'm not a big fan of blind corners and broken pavement. IMHO, the track owners need to resurface several areas on the old track, especially the uphill hairpin.

2. If you've never been to a track day, what is is that is preventing you from going? If you have been, what is it that draws you back and keeps you going?
What keeps drawing me back is the fun, the excitement, but more importantly, constantly improving, and seeing that improvement translate to lap times.

3. If you could ride any where, a track or road, where would you like to ride the most?
I'd have to say Nürburgring (THE FULL THING!)
Last edited by Firewa11 on Thu May 08, 2008 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice

Post by sckego » Thu May 08, 2008 10:39 am

Firewa11 wrote:1. Have you ran the 3.1 mile track as MSR before? If so, what do you like best about it. If not, what do you look forward to about it?
I ran the track a couple of times before it was resurfaced (and for that matter, open). I really like the surface of the track, and the layout of the 90-90 corners. The straights can be hairy on a bike, but that helps you really nail down corner entry speed, and learn more advanced concepts like braking deep into a corner (by necessity!).
I think you're thinking of the wrong track! :-(
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:44 am

Doh! For some reason I was thinking June 7th was ECR... Answer fixed!

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by sckego » Thu May 08, 2008 12:23 pm

I've ran the 3.1 mile configuration once before. I really enjoy most of the new section, from the downhill esses, through the left kink, up the hairpin, over the blind crest, and into the looong righthander. That section of track seems to flow so nicely, and it's very fun to ride.

Just the fun of being able to my bike and myself in a manner that I don't feel safe doing on the street, and being able to guage my improvement with the more experience I get. I don't feel the need to improve every bit I can in every aspect of my riding, though... I want to be able to ride fast enough to have fun, and do so in a safe manner. A trackday is the perfect environment for that.

Oh lord, so many choices. In order to get the most out of this fantasy question, I'm going to go ahead and say the full length of the Pan-American Highway, from Deadhorse to Cape Horn. Although if you're going to make me pick just one stretch of road, it would be the Dalton Highway in Alaska... who wouldn't want to go wading in the Arctic Ocean at the end of a long ride?
Kegan "Glowstick"

CrazyKuban
Achievement count: 0

Post by CrazyKuban » Thu May 08, 2008 1:14 pm

The best thing I like about MSR is how technical it is, especially the hairpin turn on the new section.

The amount of risk of getting seriously injure in the track is a lot less that in the street, and that alone makes me want to go back every time.

I really enjoy TWS, and if I could I would ride to Cali, and ride the coastal hwy(route 1) from south to north and end up in Oregon.
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Thu May 15, 2008 1:06 pm

Yes, I love the challenge of the new more technical track compaired to the original track.

I've been to serveral and love the ability to push myself and bike well past what would be safe to do/try on the street. I also love the fact that I can ride a smaller bike and pass guys are larger bikes.

It's a toss up between two places, the Isle of Man or the Nürburgring track.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Tue May 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Only 4 entries in the drawing so far. If you'd like a chance to win a free track day on June 7th hurry and get your entry in by the 24th.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Wed May 21, 2008 6:23 pm

I'm pushing the drawing date back to the 27th since most of us will be camping over the weekend and won't remember to draw a winner.

Blinker

Post by Blinker » Thu May 22, 2008 8:46 pm

1. Have you ran the 3.1 mile track as MSR before? If so, what do you like best about it? If not, what do you look forward to about it?
--Being that this would be the first track day that I could make I look forward to aspect of the track!

2. If you've never been to a track day, what is it that is preventing you from going? If you have been, what is it that draws you back and keeps you going?
--Never been to a track before only because I’ve been riding street for 8 months and once I got comfortable enough for the track it was the winter break in the season then I had to save bucks for the move to TX... all excuses aside... I’m so there and will go every chance I get esp. now that I have you nice folks to ping when I have technique questions.

3. If you could ride anywhere, a track or road, where would you like to ride the most?
--nurburgring = dream ride... that being said; in the states Ortega Hwy and the Palomar mountain pass are where I’d love to ride the most as the weather is 98% perfect for
riding
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue May 27, 2008 8:29 pm

I'm doing the drawing right now. I promised Blinker one of mine when he got back to Texas, so HE has this one if he wants it .... drawing coming up in a few minutes for the 'official' winner. :D
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue May 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Good thing I gave Blinker one (get in touch with me to set this up if you want to go)! He didn't win EITHER of the drawings.

The winner is SCKEGO with second place going to Firewa11.

There will be a FWMR shirt to be worn by the winner on the track.

Don, don't get upset ... you won the drawing for the 8th!
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by sckego » Wed May 28, 2008 7:32 am

Woohoo! SWEET! Thanks guys!

And it's on the 3.1 as well. Double score!
Kegan "Glowstick"