Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

July 3rd - Eagles Canyon Trackday Give Away

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:58 am

Answer 3 questions and enter a chance to win a free trackday/school with Ride Smart at Eagles Canyon Raceway.

This is non transferable so if you win and find out you can't make it let us know asap so that a second winner can be drawn. Drawing will be held 8:00am Tuesday, June 23rd.

1) What modification to your bike have you done that you like the best and why? If stock, what do you plan to mod first and why?

2) Are you riding with stock suspension setup or have you had it adjusted? How big of a difference did you notice after having it adjusted, was is a good or bad difference?

3) Add a caption to this image.
Last edited by DarcShadow on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:21 am

1. Givi topbox. It comes in so handy, in all types of situations. It makes possible the multi-day trips that Vic and I go on. It lowers my profile in the eyes of LEOs... after all, people who ride bikes with hard luggage can't be squids, right? :D

2. I have an aftermarket suspension, with Racetech valves and Sonic springs (.95kg) on the front, and a Wilbers shock (forget the spring rate) on the rear. The bike feels much more planted going over bumps and undulations, without giving up very much ride comfort at all. It wasn't a giant difference, but it was definitely noticable.

3. "Order Extreme Motorcycle Breakdancing 3: Movin' It In MotoGP NOW for only $29.95 plus shipping and handling, and recieve a FREE copy of our beautiful, full-color coffee table book, Automotive Exhausts That Resemble French Horns! CALL 1-800-DRCOSTA now!"
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:45 am

sckego wrote:recieve a FREE copy of our beautiful, full-color coffee table book, Automotive Exhausts That Resemble French Horns!
I think MoS's bee stinger is in that book!

WillK675
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:51 am

1) What modification to your bike have you done that you like the best and why? If stock, what do you plan to mod first and why?

Well, I haven't done much to my bike, so I have to say it would be the exhaust. The weight loss (11lbs) is great, and since I had the dealer load a new map, I have noticed some extra power in the lower RPMs.

2) Are you riding with stock suspension setup or have you had it adjusted? How big of a difference did you notice after having it adjusted, was is a good or bad difference?

The dealership adjusted it when I bought it. The bike sits so high, and well I'm not tall, so they adjusted it to lower it some. I haven't noticed a difference because I never rode it before it was adjusted.

When the sponsor told me they wanted to name the bike Joe Camel, I didn't think it would act like one and lay down on me in the middle of a race!
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

DLSGAP
Achievement count: 0

Post by DLSGAP » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:51 am

Stainless Steel lines, Radiator guard, fender elim. The radiator guard would have saved me 800 bucks it i put it on sooner..

2) Are you riding with stock suspension setup or have you had it adjusted? How big of a difference did you notice after having it adjusted, was is a good or bad difference? I've had mine set up. The bike felt so much more stable in corners and was much more responsive.

Go ahead.. throw another bike at me and I'll get all Matrix on that one too
Wear your gear... I'd rather sweat than bleed.
Current bike:
CBR954RR

Former bikes
'87 YSR
' 92 CBR 600F2
'91 ZX7
' 92 ZX7RR
'94 ZX7RR
' 98 ZX7R
'07 ZX10R
' 11 FZ8

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:02 pm

"Jumper Mod" Cross two wires on a diagnostic port and bypass exhuast valve for an added 9-13 hp at 12,000 rpm over stock. Cost about $0.10

2) Are you riding with stock suspension setup or have you had it adjusted? How big of a difference did you notice after having it adjusted, was is a good or bad difference? The suspension has been set up for my weight in full gear. It's a huge difference from the stock settings. Stock setting are set for a 150 lbs. rider unless your the size of Dani Pedrosa or Jorge Lorenzo it doesn't make sense to leave it stock.

Commentator 1- "Oh no! It looks like he's broken his leg. Its all twisted"
Commentator 2- "I don't think thats his leg. I think that's his bike."
Commentator 1- "For his sake, I hope the paramedics can tell the difference."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:27 am

And the winner is Dragonfly! Congrats!
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:13 am

First let me say thanks for the free trackday and for the guys that came out to watch and support, I had a great time at ECR.

Oh! and thanks Will and Ann for saving me a spot and helping me out.

I had a blast, the heat was the only problem. I made real strides on my corner work. I managed to touch both knees down, good body position, and good speed. I managed a top speed of 110mph on the back staightaway and 95-100 on the front straightaway. but was still being passed by all the liter bikes. I heard a couple of complaints about how I was hitting the good lines into and out of the corners and making it hard for the liter bikes to pass me except for in the straights. My instructor told me I should consider running a DOT or race tire at the track, as I may be at the limit of a street tire. He said a race tire would be stickier. It would help me carry more speed thru the corner and allow me to get on the gas sooner when exiting. That would get me a good drive out of the corner and make it harder for the liter bikes to get me on the straights. He said my lines were very good my body positioning was good, the only other advice he would suggest was I put more weight on my inside peg but not until I get race tires.

Like I said I had a blast!!!! Thanks guys!!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"