So I sold a Ninja to a squid

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
Stardog
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

So I sold a Ninja to a squid

Post by Stardog » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:02 pm

LonestarCBR wrote:I'm not trying to start a Holy war when I say this, but here is a good example of the good Lord stepping to help a dumbass from toasting himself. My guess is God will be very busy with this guy for years to come, if the kid is lucky.

I am not Sure that I get what You mean Lonestar. How could That comment start a holy War?

:-)
DR650
Have cool, will travel

beefmobile

Re: So I sold a Ninja to a squid

Post by beefmobile » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Stardog84 wrote:
LonestarCBR wrote:I'm not trying to start a Holy war when I say this, but here is a good example of the good Lord stepping to help a dumbass from toasting himself. My guess is God will be very busy with this guy for years to come, if the kid is lucky.

I am not Sure that I get what You mean Lonestar. How could That comment start a holy War?

Like this:

God doesn't exist.
2005 Yamaha FZ6, streetfighter
2000 Suzuki SV650, naked
2002 Kawasaki ZR-7S
1981 Kawasaki KZ440, cafe racer
2008 Qlink XP200, supermoto
1983 Honda XR-80

US Marine Corps and Afghanistan Campaign Veteran

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Don't make me break this thread off in politics and religion, just based on my religious views :SideSplittingLaughter: :SideSplittingLaughter:
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

Stardog

Post by Stardog » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:15 am

beefmobile wrote:Like this:

God doesn't exist.
LIES!
Attachments
noclothes.jpg
noclothes.jpg (237.72 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
DR650
Have cool, will travel

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:01 pm

beefmobile wrote:
Stardog84 wrote:

Like this:

God doesn't exist.

That shouldn't start any Holy wars. Everyone is allowed to have their own views and you are simply stating yours.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:30 pm

Demon why do you think any holy wars were started? This exact reason!
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:33 pm

milesmiles wrote:Demon why do you think any holy wars were started? This exact reason!
They were started by people who are NOT open minded about others beliefs, views, opinions and such.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:46 pm

yep that's what i just said lol
The world needs Miles

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:51 pm

milesmiles wrote:yep that's what i just said lol
No, you basically said opinions start holy wars...when it isn't opinions but close-minded individuals, not the opinions themselves.

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:11 pm

lol it's a "given" that it's people getting mad about others opinions, or as you put it close-minded individuals...that start wars. No reason for me to say that though we all know it. We both agree on the same thing, it's just how it's worded is all. Opinions start wars all the time(people).
The world needs Miles

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:32 pm

milesmiles wrote:lol it's a "given" that it's people getting mad about others opinions, or as you put it close-minded individuals...that start wars. No reason for me to say that though we all know it. We both agree on the same thing, it's just how it's worded is all. Opinions start wars all the time(people).
Bout time you admit it!! I was about to whoop your arse over it!!! :SideSplittingLaughter:

beefmobile

Post by beefmobile » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:02 pm

It is very much so the intolerance of an ideal that causes the holy wars. I don't care what religion you believe in, I'm not going to bomb you because of it. I think it's comical, actually. Of all the gods and religions humans have created (yes, created), it's comical that people still hop on the band wagon and claim that their religion is the 'right one'. Thousands of years of false promises and exaggerated claims, and people are still falling for it. The wonders of the universe aren't enough for some people. The seemingly infinite amount of knowledge that is still undiscovered have been routinely labeled as a 'god', or creator. One by one, these questions have been answered by the boogy monster to religion, called science. The idea of tests, hypothesis, and theories to determine the criteria for what is fact and what is not is somehow thrown aside and replaced with the practice of providing absolutely no evidence at all. Religions literally pride themselves in believing things that are hard to believe. They even came up with a name for it, faith. It is so blatantly arrogant to me for someone trying to one-up science with such a cop out.

And at the end of the day, people still throw rocks at each other and kill their neighbor in holy wars. Pathetic and primitive.

Anyway, I followed the thread jack.
2005 Yamaha FZ6, streetfighter
2000 Suzuki SV650, naked
2002 Kawasaki ZR-7S
1981 Kawasaki KZ440, cafe racer
2008 Qlink XP200, supermoto
1983 Honda XR-80

US Marine Corps and Afghanistan Campaign Veteran

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:07 pm

And they bitch about children learning about evolution!

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor
Achievement count: 42

Post by shilka99 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:59 pm

Telomere wrote:And they bitch about children learning about evolution!
Not outside the bible-belt!
I was shocked when I moved to Texas and saw the level of bible thumping that goes on in every day life. I'm a devout atheist and it still creeps me out when people pray in public and expect everyone to share their particular beliefs. And the surprise they show when I point out that I'm not a god-botherer is extra creepy. These are people who worship a man who begged and pleaded for tolerance and acceptance and these fundamentalists condemn anyone who doesnt agree with them. I find that perverted.
Shaun in McKinney
RGV250|520SX/SMR|RSV4 Factory

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:07 pm

That is if it was a man not a race of beings that have/had the capability of creating another race just for the sheer fun of it. Make us and take off to never look back. The bible thumpers are creepy and their rational for their beliefs is illogical to me...but I am not a bible thumper, never was, and by god never will be!

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Fireball Shaun wrote:
Telomere wrote:And they bitch about children learning about evolution!
Not outside the bible-belt!
I was shocked when I moved to Texas and saw the level of bible thumping that goes on in every day life. I'm a devout atheist and it still creeps me out when people pray in public and expect everyone to share their particular beliefs. And the surprise they show when I point out that I'm not a god-botherer is extra creepy. These are people who worship a man who begged and pleaded for tolerance and acceptance and these fundamentalists condemn anyone who doesnt agree with them. I find that perverted.
Please don't make it out like this is everyone. It's sad on my part, but i'm 110% believer and most wouldn't know it. I don't condemn anyone who doesn't believe what i do, nor do i press my views on them. There are friends i pray with in public, but i have also asked those same friends not to do so when i'm out with non believers. Nothing makes me more angry than being put down for beliefs when i don't press them on you. Yes there are those who do, but don't lump us all together, there are extremes to everything.
The world needs Miles

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:41 pm

I don't lump them altogether. Those (like you) have open minds and therefore don't push your beliefs on others. I don't talk about religion (other than now) with people because I absolutely hate the responses I get when I am asked. Why did you ask then if you don't want to hear my beliefs? Those are the people I'm talking about and calling bible thumpers (I also consider them Sunday Christians because Sunday is the only day they act like a christian).

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:51 pm

cool cool, I don't talk about religion much either for the same reasons. So do you want to go to church with me on Sunday :SideSplittingLaughter: :SideSplittingLaughter: :SideSplittingLaughter:
The world needs Miles

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Depends on what religion you follow. Catholic...hells no!!! I grew up catholic and went to catholic school.

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Telomere wrote:Depends on what religion you follow. Catholic...hells no!!! I grew up catholic and went to catholic school.
haha i'm non denominational, but i think rick has other plans for me that day
The world needs Miles

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Telomere » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:57 pm

I haven't been to a non denominational church but I would just sit and observe and listen. I listen for particular things to give me an idea of how that preacher really feels. But then again, we could always "pray and worship god" while riding our motorcycles on the back country roads god gave us :D.

I heard about THOSE plans that Rick has for you :)

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor
Achievement count: 42

Post by shilka99 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 pm

milesmiles wrote:Please don't make it out like this is everyone. It's sad on my part, but i'm 110% believer and most wouldn't know it. I don't condemn anyone who doesn't believe what i do, nor do i press my views on them. There are friends i pray with in public, but i have also asked those same friends not to do so when i'm out with non believers. Nothing makes me more angry than being put down for beliefs when i don't press them on you. Yes there are those who do, but don't lump us all together, there are extremes to everything.
I dont mean to generalize, but my biggest concern is that exact definition - believer/non-believer. I'm neither, i'm just a person. But when another person starts to thump their chest, telling me to join them in their celebration of their belief, this forces me to cease being a person and become a non-believer.

I have no problem with religion. I am grateful for all the good it can do. And I have the utmost respect for people who also happen to believe in their religion. I'm happy for them, and also a little jealous. But religion belongs in church. Not in schools, not in governments, and not in areas of public gatherings.
Shaun in McKinney
RGV250|520SX/SMR|RSV4 Factory

Stardog

Post by Stardog » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:45 pm

I feel the same way. I am just a person. I am a devout atheist but sometimes I will say non theist and I have started to like the term irreligious, though I do not like that all of them include a negative (which implies that religious is the natural state). Person does sound the best to me. We are all born atheists. We have to be taught to be superstitious.

P.S. Love you miles! :HugMeBaby:

:icon_offtopic: :icon_offtopic: :icon_offtopic:
DR650
Have cool, will travel

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Y'all need to buy my book after I write it.

<--- not an atheist
K1600

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:26 am

Most know I do believe in God. My belief is not exactly on par with most other Christians but I do believe. I also believe in science and think that you can believe in God and still search for answers. I do pray with my family when out to eat in public and all are welcome to join us when we do. But we would not force anyone to do so or even think differently of ya if you do not. In the end I would do anything I can for my friends (y'all) and family without regard for your beliefs.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold